A topic for some light hearted discussion:

Since their re-introduction Vegueros has never had an RE release. I find this a touch odd since I would expect Habanos would want to bring some noteriety and fanfare to this newly rebranded marca. What are your thoughts as to why this hasn't occured, when do you think we might see one, in what will be the region this first occur, and what vitola will be used?

My bets based on their "American" styled image will be that they will be the first USA regional edition once the embargo is lifted. I'm guessing that it will be a 56+ ring guage cigar over 6 inches in length, so something in the Double Robusto range.

"My bets based on their "American" styled image will be that they will be the first USA regional edition once the embargo is lifted."

Marketing brilliance,taking advantage of a clueless market.confused.gif

You have a job in cigars in your future............idea.gif

• Like 2

I think it should be a 6x60 (factory name "Robusto Loco"). They'll call it a Vegueros "Imperialismo" and it will come in packs of 3 for $30. The public will snap them up, hate them, and Habanos will quickly be driven from the American market.

• Like 1

I think it should be a 6x60 (factory name "Robusto Loco"). They'll call it a Vegueros "Imperialismo" and it will come in packs of 3 for $30. The public will snap them up, hate them, and Habanos will quickly be driven from the American market.

How 'bout "robusto absurdo " and call it the Vegueros Capitolismo ............and you can use a photo of my 25 lb cat on the box..........

• Like 1

"My bets based on their "American" styled image will be that they will be the first USA regional edition once the embargo is lifted."

Marketing brilliance,taking advantage of a clueless market.:confused:

You have a job in cigars in your future............:idea:

Maybe a Vegueros Maduro? LOL!

• Like 1

A RE in a marca that is totally unknown in the USA? No way.

btw, wasn't the Edmundo Dantes actually a California RE's? How many boxes stayed in Mexico?

Haha thats what I was thinking. The first American RE will be some overpriced 50+ dollar a stick well known marca.

Then they will all be bought by the people who've never had a cigar but want to try a Cuban. While they buy that expensive RE we can still have the regular marcas while they're distracted, it's a brilliant plan

It will also be released a year late.

No, it'll be on time.....but only because they'll stick an RE band on some obscure current production cigar because the new distributor won't have time to negotiate their regional the usual 3 years in advance!

Knowing our luck they'll probably rip up the rulebook and give them a Cohiba too!!