Outgrowing two wineadors... what's next?

planetary

Friends, I need more humidor capacity. Ideally I'd like to replace my two over-full NewAir 280s with something a fair bit larger.

I've heard of Aristrocrat. Is that the consensus recommendation for furniture-grade high-quality humidors? (Furniture for spousal acceptance.) Other suggestions?

I need both temp and RH control, as summers where I live are warm, and I like to target 65%RH / 65F.

Functionwise, good coolers. Form and function...aristocrat. It's like a gun safe. Buy twice the size you think you will need, over time you will fill it.

I'd personally recommend a 150qt cooler in the back of the closet for aging, and one Wineador for "smoking imminently" stuff.

I'm seriously considering paring down from three Wineadors and moving that direction myself.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Bob's stuff is absolutely gorgeous, and if money were no object, I might go that direction, but one large cabinet could buy quite a few boxes, and I know where I'd rather put my very limited resources.

• Like 1

I've had my Aristocrat for about 15 months now and love it. Working with Bob is a pure pleasure. Take the advice of others and buy larger than you think you will ever fill up.

post-15388-0-45669200-1444788879_thumb.j

• Like 4

I've had my Aristocrat for about 15 months now and love it. Working with Bob is a pure pleasure. Take the advice of others and buy larger than you think you will ever fill up.

Looks fantastic. Do you Aristocrat owners recommend their offered RF and temp control? Any gotchas there?

If you have the means, I would call Bob Staebell at Aristocrat. He's great to work with and his humidors are gorgeous. My wife really likes mine which I've had for 3-4 years. I should have gotten the temp control as well but am glad that I at least got a big one. They fill rather quickly... Good luck!

Looks fantastic. Do you Aristocrat owners recommend their offered RF and temp control? Any gotchas there?

No gotchas whatsoever with any of Bob's work. Mine is rH controlled only, and the two active humidifiers supplied with the unit have worked perfectly so far. Took Bob's advice and instructions and let it stabilize with the humidifiers running for 7 days before loading it up. No complaints here. Been very pleased.

• Like 1

If you are looking for heirloom quality furniture storage then Bob's the way I'd go. I did!

For cost efficiency, capacity and function, 150 quart marine coolers are the way to go. Got a couple of those too.....plus the 3 desktops and a 28B wineador.

Oh, and a few boxes stored off-site.

Like said, imagine how much space you think you'll need and at least double it!

• Like 1

I had the same problem and went with Aristocrat.

9175b09b72706806b3fb19573623c556.jpg

b09a9e3a45f220503d0c7da70f3e5b98.jpg

79db19cdc5762bab75c790da488cc5ab.jpg

I went with temp and rh control. So far just been running with temp, rh is looking after itself

Bob is brilliant to work with, the humidor is a work of art. Of course you pay for that but you'll only do it once !!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I had the same issue as you, but with 3 wine coolers. I bought a freezer and installed a ETC. wife won't let me keep the freezer at home so it's at my office. Then I filled the freezer and the wine coolers. I recently bought a 118 bottle compressor cooler that works great. Had to get 2 of them so the wife could store her wine and they match. Cabinets are very nice and I couldn't spend that much. I'm in AZ so cooled unit is a must. Maybe if I just would of bought a cabinet in the first place I would of saved in the long run.

Mike

• Like 2

The operation of any controlled humidor depends largely on where you live and what ambient conditions you wish to replace. Performance is all that is important to me, but I am a bit of an extremist in this field and have extreme views about control that few if any can emulate.

I say look first at your ambient and the levels that you wish to protect from and what you are trying to achieve as far as control. First and foremost buy something that satisfies that need.

Cheers and good luck on your project. -Piggy

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Very well done...!! I've had my Aristocrat for about eight years, mine is a full custom size with RH and temp control. No issues, no worries, no concerns. One of the few things I'd buy again, tomorrow. Congrats on your purchase, Bob is indeed a class act and a great guy to work with...!!

• Like 2

She looks beautiful Planetary....I didn't have the $$ for the Aristocrat, so I went with the "Tower Of Power" from Cheap Humidors, and I am happy, but man the Aristocrats are a work of art......good luck with your new investment.

• Like 1

Update on the capacity situation.

Current:

2 x NewAir 281 wineador is holding about 20 boxes + 1 tray of loose sticks each, and bursting at the seams.

2 x desktop humis holding my leftover stock of NCs, from when I for started getting into cigars, ~300 sticks

These are ~100% full. My tetris fu is being tested, big time.

Got about 10 more boxes from FOH inbound, the first of which arrived, and I had literally no place to put it. Therefore...

Added storage:

1 x modest-sized cooler + a bunch of Boveda packs, should hold 10-12 boxes.

So... I think I'm good until January, approximately. Counting the days until the Aristocrat arrives, when I'll be ~40% full.

Heh.

Yeah, I think you will be fine......What size is your cooler? I have a 120qt cooler for my overflow/aging.

• 1 month later...

Bob has completed the humidor, including several days of testing. It is shipping tomorrow.

you lucky, lucky, lucky man.

waiting for the pictures.

• Like 1