New Star Wars: The Awaking Trailer

Fosgate

Rumor going around the new Star Wars trailer for the fall is going to happen during Monday Night Football. Keep your eyes peeled. Maybe see if this guy is out of breath yet.

zvc0HPe.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone notice Luke Skywalker is not in any of the promos? We see a cloaked figure with a mechanical hand on R2 but we have not seen his face. I am suspecting a major twist with his character.

Anyone notice Luke Skywalker is not in any of the promos? We see a cloaked figure with a mechanical hand on R2 but we have not seen his face. I am suspecting a major twist with his character.

My thoughts EXACTLY

Star Wars: Hayden Christensen & Darth Vader Rumoured To Return In Upcoming Films

starwarshaydenviii-152540.png

Have you heard the latest Star Wars rumors? There are two currently making the rounds, as reported by Making Star Wars. The first is that actor Hayden Christensen, who portrayed a young Anakin Skywalker in the prequels, is supposedly returning to the Star Wars universe in Rian Johnson’s Star Wars: Episode VIII. The other rumor? Darth Vader will make an appearance in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

Making Star Wars reports that earlier this year there was concept art for Rogue One rumored to include Darth Vader. Now, a chest piece belonging to the villain has been spotted in the props area, according to a source.

CPh9pclWsAEilDX.jpg

“A fully operational Darth Vader chest piece along with the helmet made it to the creature shop for the next film. The lights on the chest piece work and everything… There were not several of them, just one seen by a source and mentioned by another.”
This information, if correct, doesn’t necessarily mean Darth Vader will be in Rogue One. If Vader does make an appearance in the film, he may not be in any action scenes as it doesn’t make sense for there to only be one suit — there should be several. The suit might only be serving as a model to make backup suits.
Now for the Hayden Christensen rumor. Once again, according to Making Star Wars, they heard Christensen is allegedly going to begin training for an appearance in Star Wars: Episode VIII.
“A team in the U.K. are soon heading to the U.S. to begin training Hayden Christensen for a Star Wars: Episode VIII appearance of some sort.”

Among fans the consensus so far seems to be, why? Why would an actor from the prequels be included in an upcoming film when Star Wars: The Force Awakens seems to be distancing itself as far as possible from the prequels? Comicbook believes there are two possibilities.

“Training?! That doesn’t sound like a mere appearance from a ghost of Anakin. So that leaves us with two possibilities: Anakin flashback scene(s) or he is resurrected — from the dead or as a clone — by Kylo Ren, who is obsessed with Darth Vader.”

Since Disney seems to want fans to be happy, why would Hayden Christensen be welcomed back into the fold? As Uproxx also notes, why would Christensen need to be “trained,” anyhow?

Fans are already lamenting this rumor, citing their disdain for Christensen’s “painfully wooden” acting and zero chemistry with his co-star from the prequels, Natalie Portman. For those who wish the prequels had never happened, this isn’t good news and hopefully will remain just a rumor.
As of this writing, on Christensen’s IMDb page, the actor is listed in the pre-production stage of Marco Polo, with no other projects in the works.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters December 18, 2015. Gareth Edwards’ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is slated for December 16, 2016, while Rian Johnson’s Star Wars: Episode VIII is slated to hit theaters May 26, 2017.

I'm guessing Luke was the guy touching R2? Hard to tell...

yup right robotic hand, thats got to be Luke

Enjoyed the trailer! All of the trailers/teasers have had my hair standing on end.

It's the music for me. Goose bumps the size of dinner plates ;) Nostalgia remembering watching the originals at the drive-in

• Like 1

'Star Wars' fans think Luke Skywalker might be evil in 'The Force Awakens'

image.jpg

After three trailers and an official poster for “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” there’s at least one question on every fan’s mind: Where is Luke?
Other than this mysterious shot of a robotic hand reaching out to R2-D2 — which fans have assumed belongs to Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) — and a leaked photo of Hamill in costume that Disney had removed from numerous sites, we have yet to see the fan favourite in marketing for the new film.
Why haven’t we seen him? Why is Lucasfilm being so secretive with the big Luke reveal?
Those questions have led some to believe there may be more to Skywalker’s character and that he may have turned to the dark side.
image.jpg
Let’s think about this.
Could Luke be evil?
image.jpg
We know Skywalker is capable of turning to the dark side of the Force
The son of Darth Vader, he’s the heir to the dark throne. Yoda was hesitant to train him to be a Jedi since he was already beyond the age in which one would typically receive Jedi training, making him possibly more susceptible to dark influences.
He also saw signs of anger and impatience in Luke, just like in his father Anakin, which could lead him to fall prey to the dark side.
Hamill is no stranger to playing the bad guy
After his “Star Wars” run, Mark Hamill has gone on to play one of the most iconic villains in the DC Universe. He’s primarily known as the voice of the Joker on the Emmy-nominated “Batman: The Animated Series” and various “Batman” video games and TV movies.
image.jpg
Hamill’s first role as the Joker on the popular Batman animated series of the ’90s.
image.jpg
Mark Hamill as the Joker in the ‘Batman: Arkham’ series.
He’s also voiced Darth Bane in “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” and has played a few Marvel villains from Red Skull and the Hobgoblin to Ulysses Klaw in animated series.
Recently, Hamill has appeared on “The Flash” reprising an old role as The Trickster.
image.jpg
Hamill as the Trickster on ‘The Flash.’
An old clip from 2005
While Hamill is known for playing some roles that established his chops as someone who could play, say, an up-and-coming Sith Lord, the biggest thing that has fans thinking about Luke’s role in “The Force Awakens” is an old clip from a 2005 episode of IFC’s “Dinner for Five,” a show featuring actor/director Jon Favreau where he spoke with a group of celebrities each episode about projects they were working on.
Hamill appeared on one of the episodes along with “The Force Awakens” director J.J. Abrams, Stan Lee, Jason Lee, and Kevin Smith.
Eleven minutes into season four, episode nine, Smith asks Hamill about a “Star Wars” show the two were rumoured to be working on at the time. The conversation quickly turns to the prequel trilogy and whether Hamill could have seen Luke turning to the dark side in 1983’s “Star Wars: Episode VI — Return of the Jedi.”
image.jpg
Mark Hamill recounts his time working on ‘Star Wars’ on a 2005 episode of IFC’s ‘Dinner for Five.’
Surprisingly, Hamill says he pitched that idea to creator George Lucas.
“I pitched that to George,” said Hamill. “As an actor that would be more fun to play. I just thought that’s the way it was going. When we finished two, I figured that’s what will be the pivotal moment. I’ll have to come back, but I’ll have Han Solo in my crosshairs and I’ll be about to kill him or about to kill the princess or about to kill someone we care about.”
image.jpg
In case you’re wondering, here’s how Stan Lee and J.J. Abrams reacted after Hamill said he pitched a dark Luke Skywalker to George Lucas.
Hamill said an evil Luke might have turned “Return of the Jedi” into “an old cornball movie.”
Even though it wasn’t going to happen, Hamill envisioned how he should look if his character became a Sith Lord.
“I should come back having trained somewhere with shaved widow’s peak, and a top knot, and like a braid,” Hamill added, but he said Lucas refused.
Instead, Hamill and Smith pointed out Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) ended up having a similar look later on.
image.jpg
Anakin Skywalker rocks shorter hair and a braid in ‘Star Wars: Episode II — The Clone Wars.’
You can watch the full episode below:

Not buying that theory?
Another reasonable theory is that Luke has pulled a Yoda.
Just as Yoda fled to Dagobah to hide away, maybe Luke has done the same and he’ll be called upon to train another Jedi in the ways of the Force.
image.jpg
Luke finding Yoda on Dagobah in ‘Star Wars: Episode V — The Empire Strikes Back.’
Honestly, this theory seems to make more sense. If you’ve seen the one leaked image of a bearded Luke, he’s seen visibly wearing Jedi robes.
What do you think? Could Luke be heading to the dark side or are fans just reaching?
As some have pointed out, maybe Lucasfilm just wants to keep some mysteries under lock and key until the movie debuts in December.
With the number of spoilers we see in trailers and marketing today, going in with a few surprises would be nice.

Shook factor. Whatever produces the biggest shock factor and gets the most attention is the direction the Hollywood types will go. It would be nice to see Luke as Yoda's replacement. I rather like simple good vs evil story lines with good character development that I care about vs the FX and boom show that many films have become. That's why the original LOTR and Star Wars trilogy was so endearing to me.

• Like 1

How about the simple statements in the past how Vader kept sayding "It is your Destiny!" and how the emperor as we saw from the prequels could supposedly foresee the future.

I'd like tho think simply and assume Luke is the new Yoda/leader of the Jedi but I have a gut feeling Luke might also be Kylo Ren

I'll quote myself here and note an edit/footnote:

My assumption must be incorrect about Luke being Kylo Ren simply because looking at the Star Wars Wiki, Kylo Ren was born sometime after the battle of Endor (Which Luke Skywalker was apart of). So this in itself can not be true.

The Battle of Endor was the climactic battle that took place during the Galactic Civil War between the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire. It saw the destruction of the Death Star II and the deaths of both Darth Vader and Emperor Sheev Palpatine.

The Marvel Comics Prequel to Star Wars: The Force Awakens Is Kinda Weird

1485606806418507303.png

The end of Star Wars: Episode VI made it seem like all that fighting between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire stopped once the credits rolled. Of course, wars don’t end quite like that. A Marvel Comics series that just ended this week features a few characters who will connect the old Star Wars movies to the upcoming one. But it’s still not clear how much anybody should care about them.
Months ago, Disney announced a crop of projects branded with a Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens imprint. The initiative spread out across different media, with the various stories bridging the game between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. Marvel Comics’ contribution to this canon build-out has been a series called Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Shattered Empire. Written by well-loved veteran Greg Rucka and drawn by Marco Checchetto and Andres Mossa, the four-part story focuses on two Rebel pilots named Kes Dameron and Shara Bey. They’re the parents of Poe Dameron, the rebel pilot played by Oscar Isaacs in The Force Awakens.
1485606806525959207.png
The first issue of Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Shattered Empire opens during ROTJ’s climactic battle. Once the fighting’s all done, Kes and Shara are right there on Endor, talking up their romance amongst as the rebels celebrating their seemingly decisive victory over the Empire. But both of them get assigned to various missions aimed to thwart the Emperor’s posthumous scorched-earth contingency plans.
1485606806580640807.png
Large chunks of Shattered Empire feel like old-school war comics, complete with chaotic action scenes filled multiple tiers of high-stakes combat. It establishes Shara and Kes as formidable pilots but the constant scene-shifting makes it tough to get a feel for the couple’s personalities. You see them do cool things but don’t get a sense of their own journeys during the rebellion.
This week’s issue #4 offers a minor bit of lore teasing, in the form of Shara’s assignment with Luke Skywalker. It’s a stealth mission where Luke wants to recover something very special from an Imperial outpost.
1485606806612584231.png
1485606806642388263.png
The story ends with Luke gifting one of those Force saplings to Shara, who goes on to plant it near the new home she and Kes start after the leave active duty.
But that interaction exemplifies the befuddling in-betweenness of this series. Shattered Empire exists solely to place those two characters—one really, since Shara gets most of the spotlight—in close proximity to prominent heroes of the Star Wars saga. “Hey, look, it’s Kes and Han! They’re bantering!” “It’s Shara and Leia, taking out some stormtroopers. She sure earned Leia’s respect on Naboo, huh?” And so on.
All of this seems to be an extravagant way to set up Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and/or Mark Hammill to say, “I knew your mother/father. He/she was a good person.” While Poe Dameron will be a major character in the new Star Wars movie, it’s not even clear if his parents will get any screen time. Hopefully, they show up in another Star Wars story soon because it hardly feels like they were in this one.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer Revoiced by Brooklynites

Recently they released what they’re calling the “final” trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Because we’re in Brooklyn this week, we thought it would be fun to ask our local crew to revoice the Star Wars trailer with thick Brooklyn accents.

The Star Wars Force Awakens Mega Trailer Is A Sight To Behold

Some clever Star Wars fanatics have painstakingly cut together every piece of footage released for the new movie. The result is an almost spoiler-free mega-trailer that will take your breath away.

The above “Supercut” was pieced together by Science Vs. Cinema’s James Darling from all the trailers released for The Force Awakens thus far, plus a sprinkling of behind-the-scenes footage that debuted at Comic-Con.
What we love about this trailer (and all the official trailers, for that matter) is that it manages to invoke huge amounts of excitement and emotion without giving much of the plot away. Hell, we haven’t even caught a glimpse of Luke Skywalker yet. Terrific stuff.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Star Wars Force Awakens Mega Trailer Is A Sight To Behold

Some clever Star Wars fanatics have painstakingly cut together every piece of footage released for the new movie. The result is an almost spoiler-free mega-trailer that will take your breath away.

The above “Supercut” was pieced together by Science Vs. Cinema’s James Darling from all the trailers released for The Force Awakens thus far, plus a sprinkling of behind-the-scenes footage that debuted at Comic-Con.

What we love about this trailer (and all the official trailers, for that matter) is that it manages to invoke huge amounts of excitement and emotion without giving much of the plot away. Hell, we haven’t even caught a glimpse of Luke Skywalker yet. Terrific stuff.

Well that has got me a little excited!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...