Love my weekends....what did you get up to?

Living on the Coast I concur with what a place of natural beauty it is - I moved House yesterday (from Broadbeach to chevron island) I had a cracker D4 yesterday and as I speak on my deck having a boli RC - just heard the neighbours above shriek "is that a cigar? Omg it stinks!" Fun times ahead Hahahaha

• Like 1

After a busy week both my partner and I needed a relax. Started at Main Beach for a stroll and late lunch, then shopping across the road. As the sun was about an hour away from setting hiring a helicopter for a scenic trip made sense. It was beautiful...

After that we checked into a hotel and had an amazing room service dinner of local seafood platter with prawns, lobster, oysters, cheese, sushi, sashimi tuna, fresh baked bread, antipasto and a bottle of bubbly for dinner in robes watching the water shimmer from the moonlight on the balcony...

South East Queensland is paradise. Got home an hour ago after leaving for a beach walk and lunch Friday afternoon

"Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Played golf at sparrows fart this morning... Got home to a beaut lunch, and a couple of Peronis.

Gardened.

Sat on the deck, more Peronis and an RyJ Cazzy, while reading a book that has me hooked.

Parents came over for dinner, and I inteoduced my dad to cask strength Amrut whisky; which he loved.

Good stuff, one and all!

Had a catch up with the Perth crew and some guy called Mus ?

We were up at our local watering hole the Garden Bar but then it started to rain ,yes rain in Perth so we headed to the new bar next door called the blue Flamingo

What a great venue very Cigar venue ,a very Caribbean flavoured place with good rums etc and a food menu that reflects the Caribbean

Great time was had by all and we were made to feel most welcome I think we have found a new home ,well in conjunction with the Garden Bar

Thanks to Mus ,Tony Josh, Murray,Magnus and Jenny

post-5203-0-84080700-1445165829_thumb.jppost-5203-0-43560700-1445165887_thumb.jppost-5203-0-39016900-1445165933_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Flew into Perth Friday early morning, family stuff, bank stuff, dentist, other stuff i had to sort out while back in town for a bit. At night went to the late screening of The Martian, great movie!

Saturday more family stuff as one of my cousins is moving to south africa, so had all the family over for lunch. Then after lunch played 9 holes of golf at the local course and at night went to San Churros for desert.

Sunday was Perth Herf day with a few of the boys. It started rainign so we decided to venture into another bar that's recently opened up right next door to our current FoH home ground... called The Blue Flamingo. AMAZING establishment!!! Cuban themed bar where you can smoke pretty much anywhere, undercover thanks to massive gazebo type thing. I think it will become the new FoH stomping grounds.

• Like 2

Partied hard for three days at mates wedding in a villa at seseh beach Bali.... still in a world of pain.... just checked into our suite at the Intercontinental for another four days ...living and loving it..party.gif

You missed out on the new venue west very good no moustachioed leather guys in sight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Impressed with the Perth guys. Met up with a couple Sydney guys (close enough) on Saturday night but were politely asked if we could put out our cigars (in the smoking area no less!). Always great having some company though no matter how short it was...

Enjoyed a local festival today, did some 'gardening' then a couple cigars while grilling.

You missed out on the new venue west very good no moustachioed leather guys in sight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think we should push our luck in there ...lets keep ourselves segregated to that top corner cigar.gif

I don't think we should push our luck in there ...lets keep ourselves segregated to that top corner :cigar:

I wholeheartedly agree mate was talking to the manager a guy named Nick I asked him where we could smoke and his replie was any where with an ash tray ,thing was they seemed to be everywhere ,but the F.O.H corner is fine by me plus it has a commanding view

Plus he said if we had some functions he would try to arrange for the Havana Club rep to be there for some tastings or something along those lines ,happy days ??

• Like 1

I am enjoying a three day weekend after working 7 straight. Yesterday, I dropped my wife at the hairdressers and tried out a cafe that is new to me. Spent a lovely morning hour with an excellent cigar and a fine cappuccino with the October sun keeping me warm on a 3°C morning.

post-9032-0-53565100-1445179357_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Not much this weekend. Just building a fence, talking politics, hanging with the family and getting ready to vote tomorrow morning.

Going to be an interesting one for sure we'll see how it plays.

Note: Not trying to railroad the topic with politics ( not that Canadian politics ever would) Just stating what I was up to this weekend.

Sat on the couch and watched the four quarter finals of RWC 2015, drunk too much whisky, smoked several cigars, now I need to lay down after the wallabies win.

• Like 1

Took the kids camping and brought the smoker along to smoke a pork butt. The weather turned cool so it was a perfect weekend for camping. Cooking some spaghetti with buffalo meat and smoking a Monte 5 watching the sunset.

post-21196-0-40789100-1445209164_thumb.j

• Like 2

Had a quiet Sunday afternoon catch up with some top blokes to explore some wines and enjoy a cigar.

i'm the one to the left conducting the selfie operation and golfdude888 is the middle fella. One to the right is a possible future convert to the path of BOTL.

post-9305-0-66553000-1445212354_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Had a tough week as our son was teething, and hitting a growth spurt. Not fun for anyone. Saturday morning I split logs and cut up some fallen trees. Had a disagreement with the wife. Spent the afternoon with our dog while she took our son to a football tailgate (made up afterwards- it amazes me when women store up all of the mans transgressions and then dump it on him days/weeks later in a emotional tirade that makes no sense!) anyway, had some good pizza for dinner (after everything was back in harmony). Sunday we went to the country club for an oyster fest and then a neighborhood party. Had a Arturo Fuente Anjeo while researching trailer hitches and then caped the night off with TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk