Picking Up Fishing Again

brschoppe

My son just joined Scouts and they have done a couple fishing trips and he seems to be into it. I used to like to grab a couple hot dogs or worms form the yard as a kid and hit a small stream as a kid with my poll. For the holiday's I would like to get us a couple fish polls so we can go fishing next year. Any recommendations for a 6yo beginner and older (40yo) adult for polls? We would probably be fishing from the shore of nearby ponds or lakes.

If your worm fishing this is the type of setup I grew up using for bullhead, catfish etc.Basically for any cast and sit setup, using crappie rigs or just a worm and hook. http://www.cabelas.com/product/fishing/beginner-fishing/spincast-combos%7C/pc/104793480/c/104699880/sc/104595480/zebco-174-202-404-spincast-combo/1185634.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fspincast-combos%2F_%2FN-1100514%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104595480

I got into spin cast for Walleye, northern, perch, crappie etc when your tossing light tackle like jigs and small crank baits. Never got into using bait cast for bass fishing since we don't have many of them here.