007 and booze

Ken Gargett

there are a million sites covering this so no cheating.

assume that this does not include the latest film.

i will post answers in a day or so.

1. in 23 films, 007 has consumed how many martinis?

2. who is the booziest bond (based on drinks per film) and who is the least booziest bond?

3. talking spirits, in the books 007 had 19 martinis. which spirit-based drink/cocktail did he drink more often than that?

4. shaken not stirred. always? and if not, when and how many times did 007 go stirred not shaken? talking books and films.

5. kisses or martinis? daniel craig. how many of each? pre spectre.

6. on average, as in x minutes/drink, how often does 007 have a drink in the films?

7. which film was bond's booziest?

8. which bond in which film orders a non-existent vintage of his chosen champagne? what was it?

9. when roger moore spots a bottle of bolly in dr goodhead's room, he says that if it is the xxxx, you must have been expecting me. what was the vintage he mentioned?

10. which bond or bonds never ordered a martini?

11. who first uttered the words, 'shaken not stirred'? and i do not mean the waiter in dr no, who says, "one medium dry vodka martini mixed like you said, sir, but not stirred".

12. bond's fave red?

I thought a gimlet was a lime concoction. Any way, those in the know know that one never shakes a martini. Shaking bruises the gin.

I thought a gimlet was a lime concoction. Any way, those in the know know that one never shakes a martini. Shaking bruises the gin.

I've of the understanding that the bruising of gin is a myth. The reason to not shake a martini is that shaking over dilutes and adds air to the liquid, changing its texture and also making the drink cloudy.

heinekin?

Yes - was trying to avoid naming a brand. Shamed to say I actually drank the green bottled "tastes like skunks smell" "beer"......

Side note - many make fun of Bud / Bud Light, etc, but I'll take these beers over pretty much anything in a green bottle from anywhere pretty much every time.

I don't know I think it's sort of out place for bond to be drinking Heineken. I think that product placement is so forced and it by no way makes me want to drink Heineken. I'd imagine the real bond drinking some obscure Beglian beer or English ale. For that matter, don't imagine bond being that much of a beer person.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have a go

They're all stabs in the dark, so don't judge me too poorly

If I get one right I'll be happy

1. in 23 films, 007 has consumed how many martinis?

2. who is the booziest bond (based on drinks per film) and who is the least booziest bond?

Connery dranks a lot

Lazenby not so much

3. talking spirits, in the books 007 had 19 martinis. which spirit-based drink/cocktail did he drink more often than that?

Scotch and Soda

4. shaken not stirred. always? and if not, when and how many times did 007 go stirred not shaken? talking books and films.

Not sure about books but twice in the films

5. kisses or martinis? daniel craig. how many of each? pre spectre.

kissed women or actual kisses?

If its women it would be 3 (2 in CR and 1 in Quantum) and 6 martinis

6. on average, as in x minutes/drink, how often does 007 have a drink in the films?

22min

7. which film was bond's booziest?

Spectre

8. which bond in which film orders a non-existent vintage of his chosen champagne? what was it?

I got nothing

9. when roger moore spots a bottle of bolly in dr goodhead's room, he says that if it is the xxxx, you must have been expecting me. what was the vintage he mentioned?

Nope, nothing

10. which bond or bonds never ordered a martini?

Lazenby

11. who first uttered the words, 'shaken not stirred'? and i do not mean the waiter in dr no, who says, "one medium dry vodka martini mixed like you said, sir, but not stirred".

no idea

12. bond's fave red?

Not sure, but he probably knew what side of the vineyard the grapes were grown on