Habanos New Releases - 2016 Onwards

2016 AND FORWARD RELEASES AS WE ALL KNOW WHAT PROMISED IN ONE YEAR FROM HABANOS DOESNT ALWAYS SHOW UP!

COHIBA MEDIA SIGLO

H.UPMANN MAGNUM 54

HDM HOYO ELEGANTES

PARTAGAS CAPITOLS

PARTAGAS SERIE E TUBOS

PUNCH 48

QUINTERO TUBULARES

ROMEO Y JULIETA CLUB KINGS

CUABA 20TH ANNIVERSARY HUMIDOR

MONTECRISTO DANTES 2016 LIMITED EDITION

PARTAGAS 170 Anniversary

ROMEO Y JULIETA CAPULETOS 2016 LE

TRINIDAD TOPES 2016 LIMITED EDITION

COHIBA ORO HUMIDOR 20'S

COHIBA MITCO HUMIDOR 50'S

HDM HOYO HMARAVILLAS 20'S

HDM HOYO EPICURE NO.2 RESERVA 20'S

HDM HOYO HERMOSOS NO.4 NEW ANEJADOS FOR 2016

H.UPMANN REPLICA HUMIDOR

H.UPMANN ROBUSTOS NEW ANEJADOS FOR 2016

MONTECRISTO DOUBLE EDMUNDO TRAVEL

PARTAGAS CORONAS GORDAS ANEJADOS

ROMEO Y JULIETA FABULOSOS NO.2 20'S

• Like 1

Some interesting items on the list...but as usual some head scratching too.

Looks like the Partagas Capitols may be a mareva, which the original Capitols was not (petit cetros). Why not just bring back the Petit Corona? It already has a following. shead.gif

And apparently the RyJ Club Kings will also be marevas, this time like the originals. But another petit corona in the RyJ lineup? Good grief. Cedros DL 3/Coronitas EC/Mille Fleurs/PCs/Regalias DL/Romeo 2/Club Kings--that'll be 7 RyJ models classified as petit coronas. HSA getting back to the 70s here...

What's insane is that RyJ already has 6 petit coronas and most marcas have none. Glad to see the Partagas mareva back but can a brother get a petit corona for RA or Punch?

• Like 2

Some interesting items on the list...but as usual some head scratching too.

Looks like the Partagas Capitols may be a mareva, which the original Capitols was not (petit cetros). Why not just bring back the Petit Corona? It already has a following. shead.gif

And apparently the RyJ Club Kings will also be marevas, this time like the originals. But another petit corona in the RyJ lineup? Good grief. Cedros DL 3/Coronitas EC/Mille Fleurs/PCs/Regalias DL/Romeo 2/Club Kings--that'll be 7 RyJ models classified as petit coronas. HSA getting back to the 70s here...

What's insane is that RyJ already has 6 petit coronas and most marcas have none. Glad to see the Partagas mareva back but can a brother get a petit corona for RA or Punch?

The Romeo y Julieta marca is one of Habanos S.A seven global brands and one of its biggest sellers, with possibly 15 to 20% of its annual sales. Hence why there are so many petit coronas in this marca, and barely any in the 12 local brands (only Juan Lopez, La Flor de Cano, Por Larranaga, Rafael Gonzalez and Sancho Panza have current production petit coronas cigars).

Amongst the five Multi-local brands (Bolivar, Fonseca, Punch, Quintero and Vegas Robaina) all marcas have petit coronas cigars except Vegas Robaina, but that is another story.

2007 - Edición Regional Mexico Regional Edition Series Edmundo Dantes El Conde 109 Nro.109 50 x 184 (7.2") Double Robusto

images%5CMontecristo_Edmundo_Dantes_El_C El Conde 109 - a new special release size
images%5CMontecristo_Edmundo_Dantes_El_C Edmundo Dantes Band
images%5CMontecristo_Edmundo_Dantes_El_C

Regional Edition Mexico

Cigars: Handmade. Bands: Special Edmundo Dantes band, with Regional Edition band for Mexico. Packaging: 2007 - Numbered Semi Boite Nature Box of 25 cigars (600 made).
2008 - Numbered Semi Boite Nature Box of 25 cigars (600 made). Status: A 2007 release. Re-released 2008. History: Effectively a Montecristo released under the "Edmundo Dantes" brand name in Mexico, due to trademark conflicts.

2011 - Edición Regional Mexico Regional Edition Series Edmundo Dantes Conde 54 Sublimes 54 x 164 (6.5") Double Robusto

images%5CMontecristo_Edmundo_Dantes_Cond Conde 54 - an existing special release size
images%5CMontecristo_Edmundo_Dantes_Cond Edmundo Dantes Band
images%5C2011_-_Edici%C3%B3n_Regional_Me

Regional Edition Mexico

Cigars: Handmade. Bands: Special Edmundo Dantes band, with a Regional Edition band for Mexico. Packaging: Numbered Semi Boite Nature Box of 25 cigars (1,000 made). Status: A 2011 release. History: Effectively a Montecristo, released under the "Edmundo Dantes" brand name in Mexico due to trademark conflicts.

From CCW...but what the hell do they know about cigars...innocent.gif

...but there is also an interesting discussion here indicating I could be full of cowpoop.gif

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=116135

Not holding my breath - recent release pricing has been between ridiculous and ludicrous. :innocent:

Example: Monte Medias Coronas that cost more than Monte #4.

• Like 4

Probably no information on proposed sizes yet? Some of these sound interesting/tempting but I am guessing most will come fatter and shorter than I would like. The Dantes above grew from a 50 to 54 ring gauge in four years. Scary to think how big the next one will be.

here you go:

Cohiba Medio Siglo - Medio Siglo

Upmann Magnum 54 - Magnum 54

HdM Elegantes - Tacos

Partagas Capitols - Mareva

Punch Punch 48 - Hermoso No. 3

Cuaba 20th Anniversario - Joffres Grandes

Monte Dantes - Hermoso No. 1

RyJ Capuletos - Sobresalientes

Trinidad Topes - Topes

Cohiba Oro - Majestuosos 58

HdM Epicure No. 2 - Robusto

HdM Hermoso No. 4 - Hermoso No. 4

regards

Lars

here you go:

Cohiba Medio Siglo - Medio Siglo

Upmann Magnum 54 - Magnum 54

HdM Elegantes - Tacos

Partagas Capitols - Mareva

Punch Punch 48 - Hermoso No. 3

Cuaba 20th Anniversario - Joffres Grandes

Monte Dantes - Hermoso No. 1

RyJ Capuletos - Sobresalientes

Trinidad Topes - Topes

Cohiba Oro - Majestuosos 58

HdM Epicure No. 2 - Robusto

HdM Hermoso No. 4 - Hermoso No. 4

regards

Lars

Thanks Lars!

2007 - Edición Regional Mexico Regional Edition Series Edmundo Dantes El Conde 109 Nro.109 50 x 184 (7.2") Double Robusto

images%5CMontecristo_Edmundo_Dantes_El_C El Conde 109 - a new special release size

images%5CMontecristo_Edmundo_Dantes_El_C Edmundo Dantes Band

Regional Edition Mexico

Cigars: Handmade. Bands: Special Edmundo Dantes band, with Regional Edition band for Mexico. Packaging: 2007 - Numbered Semi Boite Nature Box of 25 cigars (600 made).

2008 - Numbered Semi Boite Nature Box of 25 cigars (600 made). Status: A 2007 release. Re-released 2008. History: Effectively a Montecristo released under the "Edmundo Dantes" brand name in Mexico, due to trademark conflicts.

2011 - Edición Regional Mexico Regional Edition Series Edmundo Dantes Conde 54 Sublimes 54 x 164 (6.5") Double Robusto

images%5CMontecristo_Edmundo_Dantes_Cond Conde 54 - an existing special release size

images%5CMontecristo_Edmundo_Dantes_Cond Edmundo Dantes Band

Regional Edition Mexico

Cigars: Handmade. Bands: Special Edmundo Dantes band, with a Regional Edition band for Mexico. Packaging: Numbered Semi Boite Nature Box of 25 cigars (1,000 made). Status: A 2011 release. History: Effectively a Montecristo, released under the "Edmundo Dantes" brand name in Mexico due to trademark conflicts.

From CCW...but what the hell do they know about cigars...innocent.gif

...but there is also an interesting discussion here indicating I could be full of cowpoop.gif

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=116135

Trevor knows a lot but this particular section needs updating as the Monte reference is incorrect.

When one thinks about it the whole Monte thing is a red herring.

1. You can buy Monte's in Mexico, no copyright issue.

2. Regional program does not include Montecristo in any event!

3. Listen to the interview with Max Guttmann, the inventor of the La Casa format and designer of the ED range. At this point the debate is over.

4. Show a single piece of documented evidence to support the Montecristo argument beyond 'hearsay' (which is what I believe Trevors information is based on in this case)

Just because a rumor is widely believed it does not make it true.

• Like 3

I saw samples last week of the Cohiba Medio Siglo and the Cohiba Oro (majestuoso) 58 X 150.

No sign yet of the Cohiba Platino, 60 X 178.

Lots of rumours in Havana that the Platino will be a 62 rg.

I have a feeling, a feeling, that it will be 60 X 178.

It doesn't really matter anyway as I will never, ever be buying any.

I saw samples last week of the Cohiba Medio Siglo and the Cohiba Oro (majestuoso) 58 X 150.

No sign yet of the Cohiba Platino, 60 X 178.

Lots of rumours in Havana that the Platino will be a 62 rg.

I have a feeling, a feeling, that it will be 60 X 178.

It doesn't really matter anyway as I will never, ever be buying any.

Ryan thanks for the info. Where the wrappers on the cigars like regular production wrappers or dark EL wrappers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk