Cigar Pairings - What Are Your Favorite Combinations?

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Monte 4/2= espresso H. Upmann 46/ PC & PSD4 = wine All Cohiba = rum Hoyo & rass = scotch whisky Everything else mix drink Only smoke when I drink but u guess it's just Russian thing Se

Champagne. Followed by whisky, beer, negronis, godfathers, martini, bubbly water, coffee

I couldn't agree more on pairing with only water. When I smoke a cigar for the first time I never pair it with anything. I've found too often that flavors from drinks or food pairings tend to taint

For some reason, Diet Dr. Pepper always helps with getting the true flavors from cigars for me. Coffee is another that is a good one but find that it can be too much for the palate between draws at times.

But when cigar is really good, I find myself not needing a drink at all or taking a sip of whatever I may have in front of me. Maybe a sip of water just because of natural thirst but not for any other reason. Love it when that happens!!

• Like 1

I prefer Rum, but if not in an alcohol mood....Iced Tea, Grape Juice, Apple Juice, Diet Dr. Pepper are my choices....or even just water.

• Like 1

I prefer Rum, but if not in an alcohol mood....Iced Tea, Grape Juice, Apple Juice, Diet Dr. Pepper are my choices....or even just water.

Grape juice, that new to me. Its not too sweet?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

light cigars-pu erh tea, thai tea, frappe, sparkling water with lemon/lime

medium to full cigars-WELL aged port, sweet dessert wines, rum, bottled-conditioned ales (IPAs need not apply, I can't stand the trend toward over hoppy beers with no balance or complexity. Bitterness kills the palate, and takes away from all cigar experiences).

• Like 1

My favorite pairings lately are:

Ron Zacapa 23 - Montes, Cohibas, HdMs

Jameson Black Barrel - Montes, Connies, SLRs

Johnnie Walker Black - Bolivars, Trinidads

Before getting into Cubans I drank a lot more bourbon. It works well with the boldness of NCs but I'm finding with Cubans it's often not delicate enough to make the best pairing.

IPAs need not apply, I can't stand the trend toward over hoppy beers with no balance or complexity. Bitterness kills the palate, and takes away from all cigar experiences.

I love IPAs, but you're right it kills the cigar experience. ♫Gotta keep 'em separated♫.

• Like 1

Last night had a Juan Lopez No 2 which was very full bodied and earthy with an earthy beer (Perfect Tin Amber Ale from Tin Roof Brewing) and it was very nice. Really magnified the earthiness of both which was almost too much even for a neanderthal likr me. This was a rare success for me with pairing beer and cigars!

Principally whiskey, the type depending on the cigar at hand. I tend towards scotch (Islay preferred) for NC. Bourbon and Rye make regular showings. Brandy also features, as well as the occasional port or sherry. If I feel that the cigar deserves 100% of my attention, I go for sparkling water.

It depends on what strikes me that day for a drink and smoke. I find a great pairing is a Diplimatico 2 with a good red wine. Best has been a Penfolds Bin 138 (thanks prez, you created a monster), but any other Shiraz Grenache blend is nice. Makes some of the more meaty flavors pop.

I tend to have my petit coronas with coffee/lattes.

And then my Maduro with a nice stout or porter, or fuller flavored dark beer.

But my favorite has probably been a Hibiki 12 and a Party D4 or Monte 2. Amazing flavor combos that I love.

Have yet to try tea or complex cocktails with my cigars. And I don't drink soda anymore so that will not be happening.