Cigar Pairings - What Are Your Favorite Combinations?

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A dry Oloroso sherry. "Don Nuno" from Lustau is very good: http://bespokedandy.com/2015/11/17/lustau-the-best-sherry-in-the-worl/

Agreed. This sounds like an interesting pairing. Will give it a shot. Good suggestion.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Monte 4/2= espresso H. Upmann 46/ PC & PSD4 = wine All Cohiba = rum Hoyo & rass = scotch whisky Everything else mix drink Only smoke when I drink but u guess it's just Russian thing Se

Champagne. Followed by whisky, beer, negronis, godfathers, martini, bubbly water, coffee

I couldn't agree more on pairing with only water. When I smoke a cigar for the first time I never pair it with anything. I've found too often that flavors from drinks or food pairings tend to taint

But my favorite has probably been a Hibiki 12 and a Party D4 or Monte 2. Amazing flavor combos that I love.

Have yet to try tea or complex cocktails with my cigars. And I don't drink soda anymore so that will not be happening.

Went looking for the hibiki after seeing this post. Hard to find! But going to try some yamazaki instead as it it apparently similar.

Anything really lol

Non alcoholic: i prefer a hot drink if its non alcoholic. Coffee or tea i am fine with. I also like a light lemonade (shweppes, sprite zero)

Alcholic: mostly beer of any kind. I disagree with an earlier comment about hoppy beers lacking balance and complexity. For me a good beer should first be refreshing and then bring flavour. I think over hopped beers are great with cigars because i believe the bitterness cleanses the palate rather than numbs it. Makes it great when smoking a very complex cigar in which you dont want the flavours to compete.

Wine also but must be light on all accounts. Fleurie and pinot noirs for reds, pinot grigio for the white

Spirits: rum over ice, i particularly like HC 7 or selleccion de maestros. Im only recenty learning to appreciate whiskey but a singe malt works superbly well as do some blends. Aberfeldy 12 and ***** from the barrel (japanese) being my two favourites***

***having said that one aspect of whiskey that simply does NOT work for me when smoking a cigar is that of drinking PEATED single malts - i have heard people saying its impossible to drink a bold red wine with a cigar (i half agree) but peated whiskeys just compete way to much were it confuses/overwhelms my palate. Laphroaig, talisker etc while respected whiskeys i just can get adjusted as i only ever drink whiskey when smoking.

Cocktails: good vodka with light lemonade. Grey goose and lemon shweppes with a lemon twist is just exceptional. Extemely friendly to the palate when smoking a cigar, will infact compliment certain vitolas/blends like cohiba and HDM.

Gin and tonic. Good quality botanical gin (there are actually many great ones, tanqeray no.10 being fantastic) with quality indian tonic water. May be too palate cleansing though and its dryness may stifle the flavours of more full bodied cigars.

Martini: only getting in to these as of this week but i am impressed.

Port: just works on all levels and it a match made in heaven for nearly any cigar. I find tawny varieties work superbly, the only catch is their sweetness can also overwhelm the palate, i would reccomend pacing yourself over one glass only per cigar.

Just my two cents :-)

• 2 months later...