Hateful E8ght

Fosgate

For those of you who can recall, Bill Collins used to present a double feature on Channel Ten nationally in Australia from 1980 to 1994 called, "The

Yep - I do recall. He also loved John Wayne hence why he also repeatedly showed one of my other favourite Westerns Rio Bravo with John Wayne and Dean Martin

• Like 1

I absolutely loved it. I thought it was an original story, and the acting was spot. Michael Madsen needs to kiss QT's ass, if it wasn't for him he wouldn't have work.

I thought everyone did great in their roles......I really didn't expect Walton Goggins to have such a big role. I didn't mind Zoe Bell, I thought she was very bubbly & entertaining & OMG how about Jennifer Jason Leigh? Me & my friend were talking about her in this role....we don't think any other actress could have pulled this off as well as she did, and it was NOT a glamorous role LOL.

My only complaint is the big reveal.......I wished that would have happened a bit later, Idk.....just seemed like it came too suddenly.

I liked it for what seemed original and bloody too. I like how Tarnentino keeps bringing actors in from his other movies as a sort of a way of reward for their effort making his last movie successful. Stunt woman Zoe Bell I do like. I also like newcomer Walton Goggins and think that guy makes a classic cowboy character in westerns. My all time favorite part was seeing Magic Mike take one in the face though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well....

I watched this movie a little late and I'm kinda glad I did because, I really dislike the hateful Eight.blink.png

My comment is more mixed emotions about what I watched versus what I expected to watch...

The movie is advertised and depicted as a western (?)

Shot in 70mm, so I'm expecting something cool, showing panoramas and in line with the old Spaghetti Westerns.

What I ended up watching was 2 1/2 hours of movie with a bunch of people wearing Western garb and gun toting in a fricken cabin!?

I don't know really, I was expecting a REAL western, good story, good vision, great actors (Even if Tarantino is recycling the same actors over and over again with the majority) but this is just Reservoir dogs back in the West. It could have been a movie set in any era in time IMO. Especially after watching Django, that was a real hit, I thought this would be an even greater success but nope, no it wasn't.

If it were a Western version of the Thing (Which is what Tarantino kind of makes reference to or get some inspiration from, he nailed that) then I'd be sold on it. I like blood, I like gore so there's no issue with that. But seriously, he really misses the mark for this being a Western and again, what's the point for 70mm film if this is just a movie in a cabin?

I loved Kurt Russell, getting bored of the other recycled actors in Tarantino movies, especially SLJ, but that's not to say SLJ is bad in this, he was actually wonderful.

See what I mean by mixed emotions!? biggrin.png

PS: What the hell is up with the movie throwing about the word ****** every second line? Even Django used it rather excessively but this movie was all out with it!?

It's a shame it has not met the expectations of some. I like Tarrentino's films and was looking forward to seeing this one. Unfortunately it didn't make it to cinemas here so I will wait until it is out on DVD/Blu Ray