The Cigars you are not quite sure you like......"yet"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RyJ Churchill; never been blown away, but never gave up on them...

RASS for me. Have had a couple, jury still out Committed to a 50 cab so time will tell

Most of the Bolivar line. I favor mild to med. level of power and just find them to strong. Will enjoy a d4 with some age on it (about a year or more) which is much different in full body than the

Monte 2. Maddening. I was just singing their praises a couple weeks ago and yes, many are praiseworthy. But too often I'll grab one that's completely boring. After an utterly non-descript episode in the cold yesterday, I have dropped them from my Piramide "Stick to Stock" category and re-opened the competition. Not awful; just too damned unreliable.

Mag 46. After a truly unfortunate first cigar, the remaining 24/25 of the box are now down deep to see if they can sleep it off. The most disappointing cigar of the year for me. I remain hopeful and fortunately there are so many really solid candidates in this vitola I can be patient. Will dust another one off in 6 months or so.

Monte DE

RASS.... Have had a few good ones but maybe not trying the "right ones"

Cohiba 1966....tasty upon release but nothing great since

JL #2.... Love the PC, love #1 but these have been meh for me

Cohiba Piramide.....Love Cohiba, love the size but no such luck for me.....or maybe this is just not a good cigar? Would love to have good luck w this cigar

Mag 46/50......Love Upmann but not these

Ehm, that box of Cohiba Behike BHK 54. (BTO SEP 13)

Only smoked 3 out of the box, but never really outstanding or blown away. Not even close to it. Quite okay, kinda basic or standard. Expected more, lot more...

The OR 52 I liked so much but ...

Cohiba Maduro 5 line.

I'm a maduro ***** and expected these to be up there with the best, they missed by a country mile IMO. Got some sitting to see how they transition with age.

Ramon Allones Superiores. Everyone loves this cigar, I want to like it but just am let down every time I have one. Have some fear that the box will turn down the road and I will be left having not stocked up ala people today regarding BGMs.

3 cigars I keep trying but can't seem to develop any love for are PSD4, Monte No.2 and JL#4

Like many, Bolivar. I would also add most Partagas. I think it is the strength more than anything.

Love the Gold Medals but that is about it for Bolivars that I have tried. Lustis are real good most of the time. Shorts are okay.

Partagas 898 have a box from 2011 and smoked one of Jokers on Saturday....I can pick that cigar from all others ...why because I don't know if I really like it ...those paprika Capsicum type flavours really stand out to me... guess I'm just a Monte fiendish

RASS and PSD 4- I've smoked over a box of each and have never seen the appeal.

JL #2- I love JL #1, but do not care for the #2.

HDM Epi 2- Epi 1 is a staple in my humidor, but don't like Epi #2

Upmann #2- Upmann is what I own the most of, and it is probably my favorite brand. I've had several Upmann #2 from various years and a few LUB 14, but I just can't get behind them.

SLR Regios- I've tried 3 out of my box, and I think it's the most boring cigar I've ever had. I love SLR A and DC, but Regios I've smoked have been crap.

RASS and PSD 4- I've smoked over a box of each and have never seen the appeal.

JL #2- I love JL #1, but do not care for the #2.

HDM Epi 2- Epi 1 is a staple in my humidor, but don't like Epi #2

Upmann #2- Upmann is what I own the most of, and it is probably my favorite brand. I've had several Upmann #2 from various years and a few LUB 14, but I just can't get behind them.

SLR Regios- I've tried 3 out of my box, and I think it's the most boring cigar I've ever had. I love SLR A and DC, but Regios I've smoked have been crap.

You just dont like them Robustos?

• Like 1

You just dont like them Robustos?

No, I don't. I will always buy the corona gorda of the same marca if it is available. Me and Robustos just don't get along. I don't own a single box of robustos, but I do have a couple boxes of Hermoso 4.
  • Like 1