The Cigars you are not quite sure you like......"yet"

Can't say that there's any cigars that I'm "on the fence" about. I kind of operate on a pass/fail approach.

I will say that there are several cigars that I think may be good if I were ever to get a decent example and I stubbornly keep trying at. I guess they fall under the "never had a good one" category. For me, they are:

RASS

CoRo

RyJ Chill

PSD4

Monte 2

All Trinidad

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RyJ Churchill; never been blown away, but never gave up on them...

RASS for me. Have had a couple, jury still out Committed to a 50 cab so time will tell

Most of the Bolivar line. I favor mild to med. level of power and just find them to strong. Will enjoy a d4 with some age on it (about a year or more) which is much different in full body than the

Upmann Mag 46. Didn't like it when first tried about 10 years ago so didn't pursue it. I was just starting out trying different cigars. Have tried it since and had mixed experiences - kind of liked it, then loved it aged then had one I disliked. I have had a couple of Mag 50 that I like but prefer the Mag 46 size. I want to like it because the one I loved was magnificent.

Agree about the Mag 46ok.gif I've smoked 8 out of a box-GEO/ENE14 and they are just to inconsistent.Gonna give'em a year in the humi and revisit then..

R & J Wide Churchill.

Got about a dozen left now from LUM MAY 13, taking up space in the desktop humi.

The flavours are fine, if unexciting to me, but I just can't get to grips with the vitola. Montesco feels awkward and clumsy, somehow.

Have a few mates down the local pub who fancy a Christmas cigar. I'll be offering these.

Agree about the Mag 46ok.gif I've smoked 8 out of a box-GEO/ENE14 and they are just to inconsistent.Gonna give'em a year in the humi and revisit then..

Same code, only tried one and they're down 'til spring.

No, I don't. I will always buy the corona gorda of the same marca if it is available. Me and Robustos just don't get along. I don't own a single box of robustos, but I do have a couple boxes of Hermoso 4.

Totally agree. My only exception in the pl robusto Asia.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

RASS - I keep trying them every few months, but still not there. They do seem to be coming around, or maybe it's me that's coming around. Jury is still out and I'll keep trying them.

Monte 2 - just don't get much of anything from this one.

I don't struggle to like cigars anymore. Life is too short. I mean, why try to like something and use your time not enjoying yourself when you can substitute a good cigar for the mediocre? This is a problem I think with reading too many opinions of others.

Now I will grant that there are bad cigars. And if you have a box of cigars you should not decide that the entire box, brand, vitola or year is bad based on a single cigar.

I suppose I answered this as a result of how the question was asked. I may sample a cigar a dozen times, but I a visiting with it to see if we agree. I don't look to like them. I look at cigars differently I guess. I bought them to please me, and not vise-versa.

I think the key difference is based on whether you continue to 'try.' I won't. I did this long ago when I was less experienced. The RASS for instance... I have never liked. I own one box and will likely never buy another box. Why waste my time and money smoking substandard cigars?

Cheers! -the Pig

• Like 1

I don't struggle to like cigars anymore. Life is too short. I mean, why try to like something and use your time not enjoying yourself when you can substitute a good cigar for the mediocre? This is a problem I think with reading too many opinions of others.

Now I will grant that there are bad cigars. And if you have a box of cigars you should not decide that the entire box, brand, vitola or year is bad based on a single cigar.

I suppose I answered this as a result of how the question was asked. I may sample a cigar a dozen times, but I a visiting with it to see if we agree. I don't look to like them. I look at cigars differently I guess. I bought them to please me, and not vise-versa.

I think the key difference is based on whether you continue to 'try.' I won't. I did this long ago when I was less experienced. The RASS for instance... I have never liked. I own one box and will likely never buy another box. Why waste my time and money smoking substandard cigars?

Cheers! -the Pig

Some folks just like to be told what is good and what they should smoke. What else are experts, price tags, and packaging good for? ;)

For some reason, many people simply cannot trust their own palate. My wife is afraid to cook around me. She says that she cannot taste like I can (when I'm not a super taster that can pick up 100 types of sweetness and floral flavors in cigars). She refuses to attempt cooking and adjusting seasoning in a dish while tasting. I'm gonna start putting 1 cup of vinegar and salt in every dish now...

My brother in law likes to receive constant guidance from his wife... :D

I don't struggle to like them, either. I do, however, greatly enjoy the process of seeing if things change over time that may result in a more positive reaction at a later date. But sure, if I don't see any likelihood of improvement or the cigar at its core simply has a flavor profile that I don't appreciate, I won't persist for more than a couple bad experiences.

• 4 weeks later...

Party P2 - still a bit unsure about them.

Trinidad Vigia - I like that the blend reminds me a bit of the Robustos T, but something about the format/size makes me feel that something is just...missing. Not sure if the size is taking away a bit from the full flavour development inherent in the tobaccos themselves.

• Like 1

The Epi#2 has been a consistent disappointment for me of late.Could just be bad box,of course,but I also have a feeling that they perhaps need more time than I've been giving them.Anyway I've got another cab that I've buried and won't be touching until they're at least three years old,so we'll see.

The MPE is not a cigar I'll buy again - don't like the format or the taste.

And I chased the M2 dragon for years too but I've given up doing that now.

QdO Coronas. "Overpoweringly mild" perfectly expresses the ambiguity I experience with these. I have concluded that it's the wrong time of year (here in the northern hemisphere anyway) for them to be at their most enjoyable, so I have pledged to wait until the hot muggy nights return to see if my prediction of these as a potentially great summertime cigar holds true.

The Hoyo Epicure line of cigars. They have never been downright bad for me, but have never made me go "Wow!"

PSD4 on the other hand; I've never had a good one, so I have pretty much given up on them. I have one more to change my mind.