Who dunks their biscuits?

Can somebody tell me what is the fascination with dunking biscuits in your coffee?

I was in a meeting earlier today with a customer and the guy must've dunked 5 Arnott's Milk Arrowroot biscuits in his coffee. I just tried it myself when I got back to the warehouse, but I can't see the fuss. just makes the biscuit mushy.

What gives, people?! confused.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gross? You've never tried a croissant dunked in expresso in a french bistrot… (to be followed with a ERDM demi tasse)…

btw, for your general knowledge, please gentlemen note that "to dunk one's biscuit" translates in french to "tremper son biscuit", which means "having sex" for a man (light slang). Keep that in mind

try it with a tim tam.

Prior to the widespread use of humidification, dipping your cigar in cognac was done to moisten a dry cigar. Apparently Winston Churchill was known to dunk his cigar in cognac or port wine.

Me...no way! But infused cigars are another story.

I'll dunk when I'm 90 to help me chew. 'til then no! :)

• Like 1

I'm a dunker. Not all the time, and its drink dependant. Only do it with coffee. I prefer my teas clean (dunking can make a mess in the bottom of your cup).

Milk Arrowroot are great for dunking. To be honest, I've never really thought about "Why?".

Haven't done it in a while, but at a guess, I'd say it's a combo of the biscuit being warm from the coffee, taking on a slight coffee taste, and the texture (which is what most people dislike). The texture, to me, makes the flavours a lot more pronounced, you get a lot more tongue coverage, and on the plus side it doesn't dry out your mouth.

- as written by a 24 year old male ;)

For all of our American friends , a biscuit is not what you think. I remember my first time in the US and seeing a sign outside a diner advertising biscuits and gravy. I turned to my then girlfriend now wife and asked why the hell you would want to smear your Monty Carlo cream biscuits in gravy and felt like puking at the thought. I was quite relieved to find that it was something closer to a scone.

• Like 1

I like most biscuits (what we call cookies and other things) dunked in milk. What we call biscuits on the other hand I would never dunk, but I would smother in gravy as mentioned above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gross?lookaround.gif You've never tried a croissant dunked in expresso in a french bistrot… (to be followed with a ERDM demi tasse)…

I have been to France and a bistro or two ...very beautiful ..no dunking smile.png

All about how you do it. I like dipping crunchy biscuits like Butternut Snaps in to soften them up a bit and make em juicy. Maries i very rarely would dip as they are pretty soft and flakey anyway. Scotch finger you just want to do a quick dip as they are nice a little bit soft, but not mushy.

Just like a tim tam slam. There's a right way, then there's overdoing it.

• Like 1