Who dunks their biscuits?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gross? You've never tried a croissant dunked in expresso in a french bistrot… (to be followed with a ERDM demi tasse)…

btw, for your general knowledge, please gentlemen note that "to dunk one's biscuit" translates in french to "tremper son biscuit", which means "having sex" for a man (light slang). Keep that in mind

try it with a tim tam.

When I was a kid I used to love dunking my grandmothers Sugar or Walnut cookies in her black coffee she made that always smelled and tasted awesome. Parents tried to tell me coffee would stunt my growth. What would I be 6'9 instead of 6'6?? Even though it has been Nearly 30 years I can still remember the smell and taste like I just had them.

• Like 2

Ive tried dunking a biscuit in coffee and it just doesnt cut it. Dunking a biscuit for few minutes in milk on the other hand is absolute heaven.

btw, for your general knowledge, please gentlemen note that "to dunk one's biscuit" translates in french to "tremper son biscuit", which means "having sex" for a man (light slang).

Keep that in mind if you're invited for tea by a french lady lol3.gif

Dating a lady from France tonight. Let's see in how much trouble I manage to get...
  • Like 1

Arnotts gingernuts dunked in tea or coffee. Seriously, I was 'so so' about the old gingy before I noticed a guy at my work go through a pack a week... Asked him why... Put me on to dunking and am a convert but only those and the snaps. Milkarrowroot tried, prefer plain.

• Like 1

My Aunt used to babysit me many moons ago and my favourite mid morning snack was buttered toast dipped in hot chocolate. I make it for me and my kids all winter long. And a good stiff cookie dipped in coffee never hurt anyone, unless it is dipped to long and falls apart and lands in the cup leaving a giant blob in the bottom. Only time this is any good when there are chocolate chips involved.

Side note knew some folks that put vanilla ice cream in their tea. Tried it once and near puked.

In the U.S. we only use the word biscuits for dog treats or biscuits and gravy. I do like soaking italian cookies (eg. Biscottis) or tea cookies in cappucinos. Would never dunk them in black coffee or coffee thats too hot...they'd fall apart too easily.

• Like 1

Only with tea. Never coffee.

Tim tams only with hot chocolate. But you can't just dunk them. Need to bite off a tip on either end and slurp up the hot chocolate like the tim tam is a straw. The. Best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah the old tim tam orgasm. Dare you to do this and try NOT pulling your sex face !!!

Can somebody tell me what is the fascination with dunking biscuits in your coffee?

I was in a meeting earlier today with a customer and the guy must've dunked 5 Arnott's Milk Arrowroot biscuits in his coffee. I just tried it myself when I got back to the warehouse, but I can't see the fuss. just makes the biscuit mushy.

What gives, people?! confused.gif

Come on Fuzz, what is up with you? biggrin.png Such a simple life pleasure and you don't like it. ;)

Seriously, go grab a Scotch finger and take a dunk in a coffee. It will convert you mate. idea.gifnyah.gif

Come on Fuzz, what is up with you? biggrin.png Such a simple life pleasure and you don't like it. wink.png

Seriously, go grab a Scotch finger and take a dunk in a coffee. It will convert you mate. idea.gifnyah.gif

Just tried dunking with a Scotch Finger.... nope. Still a little, meh. Did a quick dunk so it didn't get too soggy, and it did pick up some coffee flavour, but the mouth texture is all wrong. Rather munch on the biscuit and drink my coffee.

Love dunking a chocolate digestive in my tea personally but it's not for everyone.

I will leave this here though: http://www.dunkingbuddy.com/

Prefer my Choc Wheatens straight from the fridge where they stay cool and crunchy.