La Escepcion Don José Regional Italia 2015

From Diadema Novita': La Escepcion Don Jose' Edizione Regionale Italiana 2015

Logo.jpg

This historic Cuban brand was born around 1850, thanks to Don José Gener y Batet, legendary figure who linked his name inextricably to that of Hoyo de Monterrey. The funny anecdote linked to the name of this brand is now known: the original wording would have to be The Excepción (written correctly in Spanish), but the name was still left with the clerical error by the will of its founder, who said simply to him that the name sounded so good anyway! This now historic oversight spelling has become "the error" of the history of the most famous Cuban cigar.

nuovo-1.JPG

Although it has always been considered the sister brand of Hoyo de Monterrey, the link with the same "father", few actually know that Hoyo was born a decade after The Escepción, which becomes in effect his mother, and his sister the prestigious brand.
The production of La Escepción knew no interruptions until the early 80's, when the production marked a sharp decline attributed to the power of his cigars than the taste in vogue at the time. In 1989 the brand was never officially produced.
IMG_8869.JPG

In 2011, however. So after 22 years of neglect, the brand has been reborn by the will of Diadema SpA which introduced exclusive worldwide The Escepción "Selectos Finos", proving a huge success at all levels.
Now, after four years, always Diadema has decided to propose a new vitola of this historic brand, again exclusively for the Italian fans: The Escepción "Don Jose", a clear homage to the founding father of the brand.
IMG_8981.JPG

The vitola de jail choice is the Hermosos No. 4 (cepo: 48 length. 127 mm), presented in the classic box of 25, with all the rich "habilitaciones" obtained from a meticulous philological research, as well as the anilla, that comes from a rare original '60s.
The total production of 4,000 boxes will be numbered
IMG_8962.JPG

Lunghezza (mm):

Cepo:

Vitola:

Hermosos No. 4

Conf.:

Box da 25

Prezzo a conf. euro:

Manifattura:

Totalmente a Mano T.L.

Forza

forte

Tempo di fumata

circa 45 minuti

PS: Google translation

• Like 3

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Italians do it better

Ugh.. Do not buy! No beuno! Don Jose? No Way Jose! Seriously..do not buy.....until I've grabbed a box or two to sample from.....

Did someone mention Don Jose?? Just smoking one now

Predict this will be the RA 898 RE of next year, when it comes out in 2017.....

• Like 3

I was wondering where I was going to go in Europe for my yearly vacation. I guess I know now. Have to tell

the wife her suggestion about going to Italy in spring time is just fine by me. May the cigars gods have pity

on my soul and I can find a box or 5!

• Like 1

In stores this week, some have stock already.

I hope te inclusion of a bit more volado will take some of the anger away from these, the Panetela last release was far too unbalanced for my tastes.

Correct. In stores this week. Ordered a mastercase last week from an LCDH who sent me an email to give me the heads up.

With 4000 boxes there should be plenty in weeks and months to come.

Edit: With the Euro down right now, good time to buy as well. Roughly 1.05 to the dollar as of today.

If they are like the 2011 Selectos Finos...

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=La_Escepci|on#278_Edici|on_Regional_Italia

then they'll sell like hotcakes, won't they?

Weren't the 2011s sitting at the distributor's shelves by the hundreds until they were repackaged in jars?

• Like 1

Weren't the 2011s sitting at the distributor's shelves by the hundreds until they were repackaged in jars?

It was before my time so I wasn't aware of that. I'm just going off reviews I read that they were a good cigar, plus slapping on a discontinued marca such as La Escepcion certainly helps with hype!

It was before my time so I wasn't aware of that. I'm just going off reviews I read that they were a good cigar, plus slapping on a discontinued marca such as La Escepcion certainly helps with hype!

Yeah, but the vitola wasn't a winner for people outside of the internet cigar community

Raising discontinued Marcas can be a double edged sword though.

On one hand you have something no one has tried before, and it could entice people to buy them simply to satisfy their curiosity and the novelty factor

One the other hand, you have a brand that no one has heard of and a blend that no one has experience with, which can put people off.

The La Esception was a great cigar (IMO) but I managed to score half a box worth of singles off a friend who hated them, too much pepper for his pallet

• Like 2

Am I the only one who's wondering what the deal is with Italy and La Escepcion?

I'm surprised HSA hasn't caught on and resurrected some other defunct brands like La Corona, Maria Guerrero and Cifuentes. It is the ultimate gimmick. Probably some copyright issues. Call me a sucker but I do love the La Escepcion resurrection idea. It would be nice to see an original La Escepcion vitola though.

No matter how the cigars smoke these will obviously have high collectible value. I wish I had the chance to snag a few boxes of the Selectos Finos before the price doubled. Particularly with such low production (2000 boxes).

I really wonder how this one will taste. I didn't enjoy the one before this one.

• Like 2

Yes. To sell the last 400 boxes they commissioned 200 jars. Buy two boxes and you get to buy the jar. It turns out it worked. And.. I have no regrets. biggrin.png

This to me seems to be a function of the limited availability in the Italian region. I don't doubt that stock piled up at Diadema with such limited avenues for selling them within Italy. What stock made it to the Swiss and Pacific retailers re-sold well but what remained in Italy may have been difficult to move. It's pretty much all B & M stores there and few Italians speak English and nobody outside Italy speaks Italian.

Again, I'm not sure about the logic of spending the time and effort resurrecting a dead brand only to offer it as a regional release in a bizarre choice of region. They must know it's going to be coveted worldwide but much of the inventory is going to be hopelessly stuck in Italy despite the high worldwide demand.

I would have suggested HSA make La Escepcion a very limited LCDH release like the 2004 edition of the Boli Gold Medals. Or if they were hell-bent on a regional, make it an Asia or UK regional with high availability and visibility. I still just don't get the Italy thing here...

This to me seems to be a function of the limited availability in the Italian region. I don't doubt that stock piled up at Diadema with such limited avenues for selling them within Italy. What stock made it to the Swiss and Pacific retailers re-sold well but what remained in Italy may have been difficult to move. It's pretty much all B & M stores there and few Italians speak English and nobody outside Italy speaks Italian.

There just wasn't a lot of love for the Selectos Finos because they were a long and skinny.

As bundwallah says, about a year after release the distributor had a large chunk of unsold stock and had to go to the expense of making a jar and including one free with every 2 boxes purchased to shift the remaining stock.

Plenty of Italians speak english from my experience, but similar to spain the inability to sell cigars online makes it hard for people outside italy to get the cigars!