Winter smoking arrangements

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Built a detached garage with a dedicated smoking lounge upstairs....

I use a combination of cats and radiant heat with very mixed results...

I bought a heater for the garage last black Friday, and insulated my garage door, which will be my man cave.....it's still an ongoing process. Up next is a smoke eater then some area rugs & new fu

I got my son to bring a cold home from school. Haven't been able to think of a cigar for two weeks now. Not sure what to do when I quit feeling like I am swallowing drywall screws.

I got my son to bring a cold home from school. Haven't been able to think of a cigar for two weeks now. Not sure what to do when I quit feeling like I am swallowing drywall screws.

I've felt the same way, was stubborn and wouldn't go to the doctors. Ended up having acute bronchitis. Finally feeling better, want to light up something soon.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Ok, just kidding, but in all honesty, I usually don't feel the urge for room ventilation while smoking a good cigar (well, by the way, there were those times, long ago....). After smoking, fuill ventilation and following that or the next day a 15-20 min treatment with an airpurifier of the catalytic-type does wonders. That said, I somehow like a very faint lingering smell of a gone puro.

Paul

• Like 1

Ok, just kidding, but in all honesty, I usually don't feel the urge for room ventilation while smoking a good cigar (well, by the way, there were those times, long ago....). After smoking, fuill ventilation and following that or the next day a 15-20 min treatment with a airpurifier of the catalytic-type does wonders. That said, I somehow like a very faint lingering smell of a gone puro.

Paul

I'm not the one complaining of the smell, it's the significant other that isn't fond of it.

Happy wife, happy life.

• Like 1

Happy wife, happy life.

That does the trick, Martin! Mine is very tolerant (though being a 'clean' ex-smoker - those can be militant, as you know)

...and it's not that I am doing this on a daily basis - my smoking frequ. greatly reduced in wintertime. All the more I enjoy it when I 'do' it.

Quick question for all now that winter is upon us. How do you all find that winter affects the flavor of your favorite sticks? Do you have a preferred stick for the winter? I'm asking not for your preferences on length/brevity of smoke because of the elements but more for your opinions based on how the taste of a cigar is changed because it is in fact colder out.

Quick question for all now that winter is upon us. How do you all find that winter affects the flavor of your favorite sticks? Do you have a preferred stick for the winter? I'm asking not for your preferences on length/brevity of smoke because of the elements but more for your opinions based on how the taste of a cigar is changed because it is in fact colder out.

Good question

For the guys that do have the pleasures of smoking in your house, do you have some kind of ventilation or air purifier that you use to keep from stinking up the house?

Martin, this is what I am looking at getting next week.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-Products%C2%AE-Ionizer-Air/dp/B004FGNTYE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1447423068&sr=8-2&keywords=lightning+air&pebp=1447423534985&perid=0X2T6J66DS7NVDW3DZ9G

Someone bought one after I posted the link on another forum, and he has been very pleased. here is his response when I asked if he liked it or not:

I ran it overnight with the O3 setting on medium (had my bedroom door closed) after a day of not only cigars but cooking a steak in a cast iron skillet and the fireplace, there was a marked difference in the morning, granted you can smell that 'hydrogen peroxide' smell but it's a clean smell compared to all the smoke from the night before.

I like that you can run the 03 and Purification separate, that being you can run it just for dust and pollutants in the air without cranking up the 03.

So far so good and for the price (saving 50%) it's hard to complain, I'd say it pasted the first test with flying colors.

That was on 11/15, so I asked for an update:

Still working great, I only run the 03 when I'm out of the house, then turn it off when I come home and crank up a big fan to air the place out for a few minutes. I've been smoking in here and many nights of the fireplace, the air purifier works really well I leave that on when I smoke and it helps.

Again I'm running it in a fairly small room that's why I'm only doing 03 when I'm out.

Martin, this is what I am looking at getting next week.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-Products%C2%AE-Ionizer-Air/dp/B004FGNTYE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1447423068&sr=8-2&keywords=lightning+air&pebp=1447423534985&perid=0X2T6J66DS7NVDW3DZ9G

Someone bought one after I posted the link on another forum, and he has been very pleased. here is his response when I asked if he liked it or not:

What is the name of the unit? Doesn't seem to mention it in the post u less I missed it.

Disregard, didn't see the link.

Weird.....go onto Amazon and type in "lightning air" The 1st one that pops up should be Best Choice Products

i'ts only $124.95 as opposed to $400 for the Lighting Air

I'm in the garage capital, but smoke still seems to seep into the house, hoping the smoke eater will rectify this so i can keep the garage door down.

Tried smoking in the basement with ventilation, air purifier & fans etc... Smoke/smell just always happened to find its way to the first floor. This was quickly relegated to the garage!

This is my delemma, gotta figure out a fix before I start.

Make sure you are careful with the ionizers/o3 generators. Don't want to suck that stuff in, from what I've read. Suppose to use when not home, etc. Also look at the output, not the supposed sq foot coverage. I have an industrial one coming for $90 off eBay, shipped. Stronger units mean less time for similar effect.

Make sure you are careful with the ionizers/o3 generators. Don't want to suck that stuff in, from what I've read. Suppose to use when not home, etc. Also look at the output, not the supposed sq foot coverage. I have an industrial one coming for $90 off eBay, shipped. Stronger units mean less time for similar effect.

Thanks for the info

My wife still smokes cigarettes

Can you believe that? Who smokes cigarettes these days?

Anyway, she smokes them in the house

With that kind of leverage, a rascal such as myself might make a very persuasive argument

yeah, I'll be warm smoking my stogies this winter rotfl.gif

If I had a friggin' furnace that worked anyway!

My wife still smokes cigarettes

Can you believe that? Who smokes cigarettes these days?

Anyway, she smokes them in the house

With that kind of leverage, a rascal such as myself might make a very persuasive argument

yeah, I'll be warm smoking my stogies this winter rotfl.gif

If I had a friggin' furnace that worked anyway!

Sounds like you have it made, wife does it you can do it. Only fair