bonefishing the flats at las salinas

Ken Gargett

on the last trip, i stayed at my guide's B&B (great place on the water - there were three of us but it could take more). for the last couple of nights, a young american fishing writer joined us. he has just sent me the video link and article from his stay.

by chance, though it is hard to see, i think the guide he used was manuel - truly the worst guide i have ever had anywhere. wonder he caught anything.

personally, i think it is very sad that they are moving to the much more expensive operation. was always wonderful visiting the region, going out in the punts.

have a squizz at the vid. definitely worth a look.

http://journal.amberjack.com/2015/11/cuba-zapata-to-launch-a-new-fishing-mothership/

Some of the best times in my life were fishing Las Salinas. I hope to get back next year.

sadly it is about to change from what we have known and enjoyed so much to the much slicker, more professional, and much more expensive operation with new operators etc etc. instead of $300 a day to pretty much cover it, expect to be paying over $4K for the "five day" packaged visit. though no doubt it will be done well with fish to be caught.