Best $100 or under bottle of scotch

puro

Not a fan of anything too peaty /smoky prefer a sweet scotch with a little spice , what's your fellas suggestions ? A Few that's been mentioned by mates.

Hibiki

Oban

Belvennie

Mccallan

Glenmorangie

Unsure of the ages on these though

What do you suggest ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So waltzed into my local Dan murphys started walking the scotch isle and a lady comes up hey mate know what ya after? Nope, got a list and seeing how I go. I'll solve your problem she says come with m

Decided to pick one up to give it a try.

I'll second that, the Dalwhinnie 15 is IMO very very well priced for what it is. I always have a bottle kicking around somewhere in my stash.

Sorry yep that would help Sydney Australia ... Realize it's pretty subjective ,personal taste etc , was going to see if something gets repeated a few times cheers fellas

In Sydney, at Australian prices, and with my personal preferences, I would look at one of the following:

1) Hibiki 12 - $115 if you can find it on the shelves

2) ***** from the Barrel - $68 for a 500 ml bottle but definitely worth it.

3) Laguvalin 16 - Get it from Dan Murphys when on special around $80, otherwise it's around $105.

4) Ardbeg 10 - Get it on special at Dan Murphys at $70, otherwise it's around $85.

• Like 1

In Sydney, at Australian prices, and with my personal preferences, I would look at one of the following:

1) Hibiki 12 - $115 if you can find it on the shelves

2) ***** from the Barrel - $68 for a 500 ml bottle but definitely worth it.

3) Laguvalin 16 - Get it from Dan Murphys when on special around $80, otherwise it's around $105.

4) Ardbeg 10 - Get it on special at Dan Murphys at $70, otherwise it's around $85.

Yes, number 3 and 4 are clearly for "Not a fan of anything too peaty /smoky" :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Yes, number 3 and 4 are clearly for "Not a fan of anything too peaty /smoky" :rolleyes:

Missed that part in the initial post. Fair enough puro, stay clear of the Islays mate!

So waltzed into my local Dan murphys started walking the scotch isle and a lady comes up hey mate know what ya after? Nope, got a list and seeing how I go. I'll solve your problem she says come with me . Off we trot to her tasting bar . Plonks 5 bottles down and away I went . The list :

glenfiddich 15

Belvennie double wood 12 $85

Talisker 10

Nant $150

Mortlach $115

Can't remember the price in some or the age but this has given me a good starting point.

Once I grabbed a bottle and she sees me with it applauded me on my selection I introduced myself (bit late) she says I'm here mon-fri anytime u fee like a tipple on the house come and see me . Boom free scotch for me what say twice a week to start Hahahaha

Appreciate the suggestions fellas all are on my to try list ce997dd773559a1dc527350492d5f23b.jpg

Three nice Speysides there! (Glenfiddich, Balvenie and Mortlach). You've got to love that personal service. I'd love to know what Dan Murphys outlet that is in Sydney!
  • Like 1

Missed that part in the initial post. Fair enough puro, stay clear of the Islays mate! Three nice Speysides there! (Glenfiddich, Balvenie and Mortlach). You've got to love that personal service. I'd love to know what Dan Murphys outlet that is in Sydney!

if I told you I'd have to kill u !! Hahaha
  • Like 1

Glendronach 15

Glenfarclas 17

Aberlour Abunadh

Balvenie 15 yr. single Barrel sherry cask

Glenlivet Nadurra

Glengoyne 18

The first two would be my preference for a nicely sherried scotch. All are quite nice, though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

John, sounds very much like the Double Bay dan's. You should check it out, they have everything (well as much as can be expected from dan's) and they've always got open bottles available for tasting. They even have a 51 grange if you're so inclined hahah EIther way, def a dans to check out as it is the best stocked dans ive ever been to, the woolies next door is friggen amazing as well. This is how the other half live lol

• Like 1

John, sounds very much like the Double Bay dan's. You should check it out, they have everything (well as much as can be expected from dan's) and they've always got open bottles available for tasting. They even have a 51 grange if you're so inclined hahah EIther way, def a dans to check out as it is the best stocked dans ive ever been to, the woolies next door is friggen amazing as well. This is how the other half live lol

Thanks...I'll have to check it out over the Christmas break. I agree, it is how the other half live!