Best $100 or under bottle of scotch

puro

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So waltzed into my local Dan murphys started walking the scotch isle and a lady comes up hey mate know what ya after? Nope, got a list and seeing how I go. I'll solve your problem she says come with m

Decided to pick one up to give it a try.

I'll second that, the Dalwhinnie 15 is IMO very very well priced for what it is. I always have a bottle kicking around somewhere in my stash.

I didn't know Costco had high end Scotch. Awesome!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

For sure and the Glenlivet isn't even in a glass case. I've seen Balvenie 40, Glenlivet XXV, and other high high end stuff sold there.
  • Like 1

One thing that really helped my foray into Scotch was to attend a scotch tasting. If you have a Total Wine or Specs in your city, they hold classes often. I really like Macallan 10 and 15 and for a sweeter scotch I love Glennorangie Nectar D'Or.

My go to Scotch has always been Macallan 15 and during a recent tour of the distillary in Scotland I treated myself to a bottle of 21 year. I have recently been introduced to Aberfeldy 12 and this stuff was amazing, and with a price of less than $50 a bottle Canadian, is my new go to Scotch!

• 3 weeks later...

A very complex dram and not for a beginners palate, The Springbank 15 is something to savor. It's nothing like it's younger 12 year old sibling and I'd say tastier than it's 18 yo sibling. The 15 can be had for $100. Everything that Glendronach distills is also absolute magic and if you want something sweet, smooth, and less complicated the Aberlour 16 never fails to please. I'd avoid the 12 however.61aec9622ff1fc855504c798244fdb09.jpg1bb04b052b110ac7894ea2487e74a2a1.jpge56f5c1c380acd3164705817019f4e0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Glennorangie Nectar D'Or.

I was going to add this one. I have a bottle of the 18 as well, but I personally enjoy the Nectar D'Or more... add in the better price and it's a nor brainer!