Best $100 or under bottle of scotch

puro

Glenfarclas 15 sounds like your kinda thing, it's a bit of a sherry bomb but if you like the sweeter stuff then that's no bad thing. I strongly recommend it.

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So waltzed into my local Dan murphys started walking the scotch isle and a lady comes up hey mate know what ya after? Nope, got a list and seeing how I go. I'll solve your problem she says come with m

Decided to pick one up to give it a try.

I'll second that, the Dalwhinnie 15 is IMO very very well priced for what it is. I always have a bottle kicking around somewhere in my stash.

I've been drinking this in a rotation with two other of my favourite Scotches (Macallan 12 and Glenfiddich Malt Masters) and the Nectar D'Or is the one that I am very sad to see disappear.

When I sip this I can actually feel it stimulating my taste buds. It's so complex and flavourful and yet very delicate on the palate.

I read on the L.C.B.O. website that the Nectar D'Or is seasonal, do you know anything about this?

Why do you say the nectar dor will disappear? Is it discontinued?

Decided to pick one up to give it a try.

919f5b344334bfb4a73445ccc3266d73.jpg

I really like the 12yr Double Wood but have recently considered stepping up to the 14 sherry. How'd you find it in comparison?

• Like 1

I really like the 12yr Double Wood but have recently considered stepping up to the 14 sherry. How'd you find it in comparison?

Haven't tried the Sherry and I've only had the Caribbean Cask once or twice since I bought it. I did enjoy it but also like the Doublewood but again haven't had it for a while. The Caribbean has a nice sweetness to it with some spice and more pronounced vanilla. If you do get the 15 year single cask sherry let me know what you think of it.

• Like 1

Haven't tried the Sherry and I've only had the Caribbean Cask once or twice since I bought it. I did enjoy it but also like the Doublewood but again haven't had it for a while. The Caribbean has a nice sweetness to it with some spice and more pronounced vanilla. If you do get the 15 year single cask sherry let me know what you think of it.

Thanks, typo on my part, I meant Caribbean. I was getting mixed up with the Glenmorangie!

I tried the double wood 12 and enjoyed it this 14 is on the list Aberlour abudnah is next though

I think the best value is Ardmore 14, which is very reminiscient of Highland Park but at a lower price point and higher proof.

Kilchoman Machir Bay is also fantastic stuff for $50ish.

Towards the upper end, Ardbeg Uiegedall, Lagavulin 16, and Ardbeg Corryvreckan are all excellent as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking it may be the Springbank 12 year Cask Strength.

Just picked up a 6 pack yesterday (worried they may run out) and it is delicious.

$80 per bottle from a shop on 206th Street in Manhattan. $90 or more elsewhere, if you can find it.

The distillery runs a program in the summers where you can work at the distillery for 4 or 5 days helping them to actually make the whisky. I think it's about 1,200 Euros. 2016 is booked, I'm thinking of booking 2017. I must be crazy. My wife thinks I am.