Any recent visitors to Varadero LCDH's?

Hello all, just wanted to see if anyone has been down recently as i am curious about what stock is like? I have a couple friends heading down this month and next (who have agreed to be mules) and I would like to be able to get a sense of what i can point them to.

Specifically, if you have been recently, i'm sure you will know my first question is...Are there any Diplomaticos Cuba Regionals? :lmao:

Next would be are there any 2015 LE's or LCDH releases, or anything special to note?

Thank you in advance for your replies!

Was there in May last year & picked up some stunning Punch LE Serie D'Oro No 2 & a cracking box of 2012 Cohiba Lanceros.

She did try to overcharge me though so know your prices before entering!

Was there in May last year & picked up some stunning Punch LE Serie D'Oro No 2 & a cracking box of 2012 Cohiba Lanceros.

She did try to overcharge me though so know your prices before entering!

Ouhh sounds very nice. Thanks for your reply. I am arming my friends with prices so hopefully they wont have to haggle too much. Totally forgot about those Punch being available. Keep em coming! :)

Hello all, just wanted to see if anyone has been down recently as i am curious about what stock is like? I have a couple friends heading down this month and next (who have agreed to be mules) and I would like to be able to get a sense of what i can point them to.

Specifically, if you have been recently, i'm sure you will know my first question is...Are there any Diplomaticos Cuba Regionals? :lmao:

Next would be are there any 2015 LE's or LCDH releases, or anything special to note?

Hey there,

I have a friend who went to Varadero over the Holidays and I asked if he could bring back some cigars. He found some Partagas P2s & E2s but said my requested Ramon Allones Club Allones EL 2015 were nowhere to be found. He went to the LCDH in plaza de las Americas and on 63rd in Varadero.

Will get them next week, hope they are good.

Cheers !

• Like 1

Specifically, if you have been recently, i'm sure you will know my first question is...Are there any Diplomaticos Cuba Regionals? lmao.gif

According to a discussion on r/cubancigars on reddit, the LCDH at Varadero does indeed have those Diplos. Very envious.

• Like 1

Ahhh! Do you have any idea which one specifically has it?

Unfortunately, I do not. I believe RoflBrothel is on the same handle here though so you may be able to PM him if you do not have a reddit account. The link to the discussion is here (Great minds think alike and all that, I started that discussion last night): https://www.reddit.com/r/cubancigars/comments/3ztkc5/cuba_er/

Standard usual stock....seems like the ladies are getting more aggressive with price adjusting on the fly...I would suggest purchasing in Havana if you can get yourself there...

Shlomo is correct...in Varadero though it is a tourist haven obviously....pricing on singles definately gets manipulated a lot of the time as well on boxes...i have literally seen stickers stuck on the box as it is handled....I however have not seen this occur in any shops in Havana....

I have had good experiences myself, especially at las americas plaza however buyer beware on pricing...alfonoso sells at 63rd but the price goes up on the same stuff when he's not there in the moment...I am heading down again in a couple wèeks :) Smokefest it will be!

I have had good experiences myself, especially at las americas plaza however buyer beware on pricing...alfonoso sells at 63rd but the price goes up on the same stuff when he's not there in the moment...I am heading down again in a couple wèeks :) Smokefest it will be!

Last trip, they tried overcharging me by 200 cuc on a 1200 cuc order. They refused to budge. I bought my cigars from alfonso, and gave him a 100 cuc tip while not spending a penny on the hsa stock. Made sure he got it without anybody noticing. Plaza Americas had legit pricing, mostly, so I bought there (Ava was there at the time), left her 100 cuc and some chocolate. I have had very few positive experiences with many of the ladies.

Moral of the story is know your prices, understand they will most likely try to steal from you, no recourse other than walking out and going somewhere else.

I was there in November. The Plaza America LCDH was well stocked: plenty of Libertadors, Connie As, Superiores, Anejados, RAGs... Really good selection for Varadero. I did not notice if there was any Dip regional editions though. That said, the ladies didn't want to let me go inside the walk-in humidor (being with my kids didn't help). Not the same as shopping in HAV to say the least!

I have had good experiences myself, especially at las americas plaza however buyer beware on pricing...alfonoso sells at 63rd but the price goes up on the same stuff when he's not there in the moment...I am heading down again in a couple wèeks smile.png Smokefest it will be!

Almost same here.

Never had any issues with the ladies at Calle 63 or Alfonso. Always had professional / courteous service there, no issues going into the walk-in generally, etc. A number of travel companions / family / friends have generally been okay there as well.

Almost same here.

Never had any issues with the ladies at Calle 63 or Alfonso. Always had professional / courteous service there, no issues going into the walk-in generally, etc. A number of travel companions / family / friends have generally been okay there as well.

Wow! You are a rarity for sure. I, along with many of my friends have had nothing but negative experiences with the girls at 63rd. The prices always jacked up, they ***** and moan when you politely ask to go in the humidor, tell you you must buy any box that you open for inspection....and the list goes on.

• Like 1

Shenanigans at LCDH at 63rd ... My favorite recently ... Insist on a factura - don't need one for up to 50 cigars ... Already have 100 cigars factura please - if you have a factura for the 100 you don't need one for these ... All 100 are custom rolls with no factura ... Okay we will give you a factura but we must report your passport number to Canada customs if we do .

Pfft like Canada customs wants to hear from every cigar store that issues a factura .

As to availability of cigars in vara ... It changes week to week ... What your buddy saw lots of boxes of last week ... May be nowhere to be found next week .

Derrek

heading to Varadero during March break. Staying at Melia Varadero on "the level" which is right next door to Plaza las Americas lcdh. I bought Punch Punch and HU Connie A's there last time for 200 cuc each. The lady there opened a couple boxes for me no questions. Beware the guy sitting off to the side of the plaza entrance peddling cheap cohiba cigars lol.

Just back from Havana and varadero over xmas. Great trip as always......was gonna post a folow up to share as many snow birds are travelling to Cuba over the winter. Travelled to all 3 lcdh in varadero. Purchased 2 boxes on my last day there of Diplomatico excelencias from the store on 63. Seen a box hidden under the counter as I poked around. She reluctantly went into the back after an exchange with another worker. Price was 126 a box. I new it was over priced but what the hell.....couldnt find em in Havana. Prices were super inflated at both in town lcdh. Up charge was Significant......RASS were about 157 in Havana compared to 194 in varadero. Also tried to charge me about 15 bucks for punch punch tubo single which was laughable. Walked down the block and bought one at a tienda for 7 bucks.......and was one of the best cigars I smoked this trip. Stock was solid at the stores minus the usual suspects. Place to buy imho is plaza.....never had a good experience at 63.

Was there two weeks ago (63.) they had the trinidad vigias, and seemed generally well stocked, but didnt see re's or le's.

Saw a big pile of the dip excellencias in either the cigarshop of parque central or hotel Sevilla in havanna -?dont remember. Hotel national seemed like to have the best selection - muo mc and partagas fx.

Well im drifting away from the OP...

Wow! You are a rarity for sure. I, along with many of my friends have had nothing but negative experiences with the girls at 63rd. The prices always jacked up, they ***** and moan when you politely ask to go in the humidor, tell you you must buy any box that you open for inspection....and the list goes on.

LOL. I definitely AM a rarity, not many people nor myself will argue with you on that!!!! ;):P:D

Shenanigans at LCDH at 63rd ... My favorite recently ... Insist on a factura - don't need one for up to 50 cigars ... Already have 100 cigars factura please - if you have a factura for the 100 you don't need one for these ... All 100 are custom rolls with no factura ... Okay we will give you a factura but we must report your passport number to Canada customs if we do .

Pfft like Canada customs wants to hear from every cigar store that issues a factura .

As to availability of cigars in vara ... It changes week to week ... What your buddy saw lots of boxes of last week ... May be nowhere to be found next week .

Derrek

Funny thing is, none of this surprises me. I've seen and heard similar from others about other shops (including in and around Havana) and had similar happen to myself even, at some various places in Havana.

But, just for whatever reason, not at Calle 63.

Perhaps I just have "a look" whenever I've gone in there, that no one's really tried to pull anything shady with me.

Not saying it's not plausible. Just never to myself or family or friends that have gone in there.