Old band find. Anyone know the origin?

I'm wondering - is there a decent valuation for these? Trying to stay away from people fraudulently using these (would HATE to see someone apply them to fake cigars, and try to resell at a huge premium), but I'm curious if there's a market for these.

When I was in Havana this past November, I noted that there was a HUGE amount of cigar memorabilia available with the various antique trinket resellers in the Plaza de Armas. At the very least, a much larger amount of stuff than regularly. There was an extensive variety of embossing plates for papletas and related labels for semi-dress boxes, a huge amount of old bands in bunches, loads of papleta master sheets and such, etc.

I didn't pick up any of this stuff really, as I wasn't sure of the resell value of any of this stuff, and/or whether it's worth makes it valuable enough for me to pick it up and resell it. I do that quite frequently with the Cuban licence plates (got some good ones this time, even some older-style pre-1980 ones), and the Hotel Nacional marble ashtrays of course too (though not one was located last November). I did pick up one of the "chavetas" cigar cutting units, for putting a finishing chop on the feet of completed cigars. But, for some of the other cigar memorabilia, I had no idea.

Are things like this valuable enough?

I'm wondering - is there a decent valuation for these? Trying to stay away from people fraudulently using these (would HATE to see someone apply them to fake cigars, and try to resell at a huge premium), but I'm curious if there's a market for these.

When I was in Havana this past November, I noted that there was a HUGE amount of cigar memorabilia available with the various antique trinket resellers in the Plaza de Armas. At the very least, a much larger amount of stuff than regularly. There was an extensive variety of embossing plates for papletas and related labels for semi-dress boxes, a huge amount of old bands in bunches, loads of papleta master sheets and such, etc.

I didn't pick up any of this stuff really, as I wasn't sure of the resell value of any of this stuff, and/or whether it's worth makes it valuable enough for me to pick it up and resell it. I do that quite frequently with the Cuban licence plates (got some good ones this time, even some older-style pre-1980 ones), and the Hotel Nacional marble ashtrays of course too (though not one was located last November). I did pick up one of the "chavetas" cigar cutting units, for putting a finishing chop on the feet of completed cigars. But, for some of the other cigar memorabilia, I had no idea.

Are things like this valuable enough?

I think if you find a brand that is highly recognizable or historically significant you could possibly entice someone to reband Guants. :) I've seen original Dunhill and Davidoff Cuban branding plates on Ebay go for Several hundred dollars. Hopefully the purchasers intentions are for collectability only. You can find tons of unused Clear Havana bands on Ebay. They aren't that expensive. The ones out there are long since dead and obscure brands I'd say.