Wineador vs Coolerdor

mcease022

If mild soap and warm water do not remove the new plastic smell, set it out in the sun for the day (temps well above freezing are preferable). The sun will help the plastic outgas. If one day doesn't work, try 2.

If mild soap and warm water do not remove the new plastic smell, set it out in the sun for the day (temps well above freezing are preferable). The sun will help the plastic outgas. If one day doesn't work, try 2.

This, plus some.

Use Dawn regular, or another plastic-cleaning non-heavily-scented dishsoap. If below room-temp conditions outside, leave open, but have sitting in direct sunlight through a big bay window or something like that; 3-5 days might be best for this.

Also, another useful trick is to spray down the inside of the cooler with water, and/or wipe it down with a wet cloth to get all surfaces wet, and then use a whole box of baking soda. Wipe it down on all surfaces, sprinkle it throughout, etc. That stuff will soak up smells, pull any odours from the plastic. Then, just leave it in there, leave it opened up, and set it in the sun for the 3-5 days with the baking soda in there. A real one-two punch that will make it as neutral and odour-free of an environment for your cigars that you can get, damn near.

If you have to ask this question (I am not making fun of it) you should simply start with a cooler.

A working wine cooler humidor is a wondrous thing. In order to make them work well, you will need tenacity or a mentor, perhaps both! You will know when you need one, if you ever need one. The necessity will speak loudly and all by itself.

Cooler is likely best for you, unless your wife objects to seeing it in the house.

Best of luck on your project. -Piggy

• 1 month later...

To help remove the smell, clean with a mixture of peroxide & baking soda. Fill up with crumpled up newspaper overnight. Repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have posted this before. This is why one uses a wine cooler humidor! (Presumption that it is properly engineered and made.)

post-79-0-22719100-1459528436_thumb.png

I wish that I could say that this was possible with a $200 investment. Not possible!

Cheers. -Piggy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you are interested, I just picked up a NewAir AW281 from Air N Water for $125. I got it as a scratch and dent special with the current 20% off promo. http://www.air-n-water.com/product/aw-281e-bl.htm

Cheers!

Wow... that is a great deal!

Fortunately in Minnesota our basement stays at a nice 65 degrees year round, so I choose the coolidor.

• Like 1