Denver in February

I will be in Denver for work starting Feb 2. Did a little research here and saw that some of you meet at Delaney's. If anyone is interested in meeting there on Tuesday Feb 2 I will be there around 7pm. I might also be there on Wednesday and Thursday Feb 3 & 4.

Welcome in advance! The weather in Denver swings wildly, so you may even get a chance to smoke outside. I'm not sure exactly where you will be staying/working but there is also a couple great cigar bars on the south end of town. Stogies and Bogies has a full service cigar store and full bar along with the smoking room. Del Friscos Steak house house has prime steaks and seafood too.

If i happen to be downtown on the 2nd I'll make sure to bring a stick with me and stop by Delany's.

Delaney's is an older Irish bar with off track betting. Not very good food, solid beer selection and good whiskey selection. About half the bar us taken up by bettors though so be prepared for that. Ventilation also sucks so keep that in mind. Churchills mentioned by LLC is phenomenal. Inside a 5 star historic hotel (the Brown Palace), high end. Bad beer selection, decent liquor selection, great service and ambiance. Palma Cigars has a roller on site, bad cigar selection but it's usually empty so you can kind of make your own experience. Every place I've mentioned above you can bring your own sticks and simply buy a drink, which is what I would recommend as none of them has a good cigar selection. Cigars on 6th is very good, Fair prices and good ambiance although the clientele could be a bit more welcoming. No alcohol either.

Sorry for the wall of text, on mobile. I would join you but I just moved back to Boston last month. Denver is a phenomenal city though. Any questions, feel free to ask. Otherwise, enjoy!

Watch out for hipsters at Delaney's......they're everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Do the hipsters bite or smell or something.....

• Like 1

LMAO these posts crack me up!

As far as meeting up, Delaney's or Brown palace are your best bets! We meet at one of those every month for our monthly herfs. I will do my best to make it Feb 2nd, but that will be tough. Best bet for me, would be thurs the 4th if you can make it down, I will be there!! Let me know. I drive through downtown on the way home.

Oh and the food at Delaney's isn't bad at all, and killer beer selection. The track bettors aren't bad. Just a few random people usually. Never seen it crazy busy, but it does happen occasionally. Churchills at the Brown palace is a nice place to hang out. Upscale with great food and decent drink selections, but definitely BYOC. They sell cigars there for moon money.

LMAO these posts crack me up!

As far as meeting up, Delaney's or Brown palace are your best bets! We meet at one of those every month for our monthly herfs. I will do my best to make it Feb 2nd, but that will be tough. Best bet for me, would be thurs the 4th if you can make it down, I will be there!! Let me know. I drive through downtown on the way home.

Oh and the food at Delaney's isn't bad at all, and killer beer selection. The track bettors aren't bad. Just a few random people usually. Never seen it crazy busy, but it does happen occasionally. Churchills at the Brown palace is a nice place to hang out. Upscale with great food and decent drink selections, but definitely BYOC. They sell cigars there for moon money.

What Z said...

Late meeting going on Tuesday for me. PM me and Z if you can make Thursday night work.

I like Delaney's just fine. Truffle fries at Churchills are sprinkled with crack. :-)

Dave

Churchills in Browns Hotel on 17th is also a good spot but not as big.

I had a Diplomatico no.2 and some coffee at the Churchill yesterday. I like that place much better than Delaneys, much more class. Last time I was in Delaney's there was just a bunch of homeless sitting in the back OTB room, which was the only area you could smoke in during the afternoon. Reminded me waaay too much of the OTB betting parlors in Howard Beach and Astoria.

What Z said...

Late meeting going on Tuesday for me. PM me and Z if you can make Thursday night work.

I like Delaney's just fine. Truffle fries at Churchills are sprinkled with crack. :-)

Dave

Yep, bought a Short Story there yesterday just because I didn't want to feel bad for only springing for coffee and feeling like the waiters are rushing me out of there because I'm not spending enough. Not only was the damn thing $21 but they're storage is horrible RH-wise. The cigar started unraveling and cracking circularly upon lighting. I smoked my Dip 2 while I was in there (Churchills) but lit the Short Story after leaving.

Yep, bought a Short Story there yesterday just because I didn't want to feel bad for only springing for coffee and feeling like the waiters are rushing me out of there because I'm not spending enough. Not only was the damn thing $21 but they're storage is horrible RH-wise. The cigar started unraveling and cracking circularly upon lighting. I smoked my Dip 2 while I was in there (Churchills) but lit the Short Story after leaving.

Honestly, they don't ever pressure me to buy a stogie there. So I would say save the coin and just smoke what you bring! I'm a cheap date there too a lot.

I had a Diplomatico no.2 and some coffee at the Churchill yesterday. I like that place much better than Delaneys, much more class. Last time I was in Delaney's there was just a bunch of homeless sitting in the back OTB room, which was the only area you could smoke in during the afternoon. Reminded me waaay too much of the OTB betting parlors in Howard Beach and Astoria.

When in Denver it is my preferred spot. Better atmosphere and location in my opinion.

Honestly, they don't ever pressure me to buy a stogie there. So I would say save the coin and just smoke what you bring! I'm a cheap date there too a lot.

Wellp, that settles that then. Thank you for saving me money. Maybe ill see you there sometime.

I really enjoyed the Cigar lounge at Del Frisco's, great live music, outstanding service, and great liquor selection. One night I would highly recommend you take a couple sticks with you and check it out. We went to the lounge after a dinner there, the food was great, but the lounge was defintely the highlight. A little drive from downtown, but a realtively mild priced uber will get you there in no time. Enjoy. GO BRONCOS!!!

• Like 1

What Z said...

Dave

Crack fries Thursday night? I'm in!

Agreed, especially the cheap date part... just sayin'

I'll try to head downtown tomorrow and meet ya at Delaney's,great place best food and beer of cigar bars at reasonable price,will see about thurs

Doug