Cuban Mule - Help on 'The Shopping List' required

Hi Brothers and Sisters,

I will have a mule travelling to Cuba later this year and am not sure what they should get for me. I was hoping to get advice and suggestions from those that have gone ahead of me or have employed the services of mules before in the past.

My brief is:

* not regular production (i can get that any where)

* Because of Australian tax, i can get about 10 sticks (2 mules) or if its really special a box and i take the hit on the tax

* Want to be able to give as clear instructions as possible, mates are on holidays so i don't want to impose on them to much (they aren't Cigar smokers)

* Cigar brands i tend to enjoy Partagas, Diplomaticos and Raphael Gonzalez.

Help!

Kam

Honestly, the only cigars I'd buy in Cuba are cigars I can't get from our host, which is pretty much everything. The prices are the same or more in Cuba for nearly all regular production.

I'd really only be interested in some real unique or aged gems not really available anymore. For example, if some Party SDC turned up or some Punch SS/RS. Or the Cuba REs or exclusive festival releases like the Monte 80th. Other than that, I'd look into custom rolls I may like. But as far as recent regular production, I'll pass and stick to my current international sources.

• Like 3

Be very specific. Mules are not clever.

I would ask 2015 limitadas and Cuba Regional.

Spot on. That's the first thing I thought of. If you can get some Ramon Allones Club Allones and Diplomático Cuba RE's that would great.

• Like 2

All very good points gents.

i would have liked to get something aged or custom rolled but it may be to sophisticated a request.

A cuba regional is a stellar idea NSXCigars/Oliverdst/John.

2015 - Diplomáticos Edición Regional Cuba

could be in the books but it is being released later this year according to Trevors site.

Whatever you do stress and stress again that they only buy from an LCDH and nowhere else!

• Like 3

The Diplomatico Exelencia will be very hard to find. though go for it at 86 cuc a box

Failing that, as others have said, the Ramon Allones Club Allones is well priced in Cuba, 83 cuc per box, and should be more widely available.

• Like 2

Hi Brothers and Sisters,

I will have a mule travelling to Cuba later this year

* Want to be able to give as clear instructions as possible, mates are on holidays so i don't want to impose on them to much (they aren't Cigar smokers)

For a second there Kam, I thought you meant me. Then I read that point.

Good luck with your mule!

• Like 1

Hi Brothers and Sisters,

I will have a mule travelling to Cuba later this year and am not sure what they should get for me. I was hoping to get advice and suggestions from those that have gone ahead of me or have employed the services of mules before in the past.

My brief is:

* not regular production (i can get that any where)

* Because of Australian tax, i can get about 10 sticks (2 mules) or if its really special a box and i take the hit on the tax

* Cigar brands i tend to enjoy Partagas, Diplomaticos and Raphael Gonzalez.

Help!

Kam

Based on what I and other members saw in Havana last november and what other members saw in December and January chances are that you may find everything or anything.

Some cigars that weren't on the shelves in november appeared weeks later and others that were available weren't anymore.

I've never been in Varadero but what I heard is that there is a little more complicated to a mule.

Are they going to Havana, Kam?

Based on what I and other members saw in Havana last november and what other members saw in December and January chances are that you may find everything or anything.

Some cigars that weren't on the shelves in november appeared weeks later and others that were available weren't anymore.

I've never been in Varadero but what I heard is that there is a little more complicated to a mule.

Are they going to Havana, Kam?

Seems to be the nature of the Cuban market. i'm really not quite sure where the mule is going, suspect the itinerary is not set in stone just yet. Diplo's Re's appear to be the holy grail at the moment and LCDH appears to be the safe source. i'll have to compile a small list so if choice 1 isn't found, the mule does not return empty handed.

Lots of Canadian guys that I herf with and know personally have recently returned from Cuba (various locations). Very few found any Club Allones while a few guys got 1-2 boxes of Dip RE. So it depends on time of year, stock and pure luck.

I wouldn't say mules are not smart, they are generally not anal retentive cigar fanatics. No different than a watch enthusiast sending me buy a watch in Switzerland. I'm normally just grateful anyone is willing to bring cigars back for me. I also realize they are on vacation to enjoy themselves not to be my personal shopper.

So for that reason I give them a simply list with very simple instruction with simple request so that they are in and out in 10 to 15 min. Most of my mules will text or email me pics from the LCDH if there's any question at all. If an item is more difficult to find, will take some time, and requires searching across many LCDH, I save that for when I get down there and love spending days hunting. For me it's fun and is part of my vacation in Cuba. For my mules it's a chore and takes away from their vacation.

I had a mule in Varadero last week that came back empty handed. Gave him a list of the HU Magnum 56 LE, RA Cloub Allones LE and the Dip Excelencia RE. He was staying two blocks from the Calle 63 LCDH and they told him they had nothing.

Typically the Plaze Las Americas shop has the best stock and selection.

I had a mule in Varadero last week that came back empty handed. Gave him a list of the HU Magnum 56 LE, RA Cloub Allones LE and the Dip Excelencia RE. He was staying two blocks from the Calle 63 LCDH and they told him they had nothing.

Typically the Plaze Las Americas shop has the best stock and selection.

Same report from a friend who came back from Varadero 10 days ago. That could drastically change next week nevermind later this year.

Saw trinidad vigias in varadero last month. They are priced well in cuba. Might be gone now

I am not sure but I think Vigias tubos are more expensive than boxed ones.

I paíd last november 10 cucs each tubo. And could find just one 5*3 petacas.