The Pieces of Wisdom that you refer to from time to time?

Measure twice, cut once.

The harder I practice, the luckier I get.

Never give a sucker an even break.

I am like God and God like me. I am as Large as God, He is as small as I. He cannot above me, nor I beneath him be.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It may be a line or quote that has resonated with you...something your father, grandfather, mate, mother or mentor said. Something that has stayed with you. Share it if you can as there are times whe

The day I was getting married, my father told me, "if you walk up the aisle with 100 acres, you walk back down with 50."

This one came from a judge I worked for early in my career, it was intended to help me deal with the behavior of some of the people who ended up in court: "Be careful applying a rational standard of

Begin every day as if it were on purpose. - Will Smith

Your wife takes care of your house, your clothes, and your food... If you get the best for yourself, always get her the best as well. - Dad

Excerpt from a speech by Teddy Roosevelt:

Commonly referred to as: "The man in the Arena

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

*In other words, as was also put by Author Unknown: "Coins, medallions, statues, obelisks, medals, and other commemorative monuments are not struck in honor of critics."

"There's a whole world out there but it's shrinking fast, you want to take it all and make it last forever - or maybe just a lifetime"

From "Go out and get 'em boy" by The Wedding Present.

80's Indie pop lyric from the pen of Dave Gedge that has inspired both me and my son at different times.