How many cigars do you own?

How many cigars are there in your humidors/tupperdors/locker?  

487 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More than I need, fewer than I want.

Just enough (barely) to trim a tiny bit from the inescapable angst over never, ever, having enough Not enough to defeat the utter conviction I must seriously step up my purchases Just enough that it

I get the feeling it would be easier for some guys here to count the number of boxes

Do the plugged ones from 1999-2003 count? I can't bear to throw them away, but they are bricks!

In the same boat. I am in the 2,000 club. Many years of collecting. But hundreds are from those terrible years. Can't smoke them. But can't bare to throw them out. So they just sit there.

50 in the humi and 25 en route.

To those who have uncountable quantities, what is your overall long term strategy? Smoke some of them (all might never happen) /sell / leave to persons named in your will ?

Yes

• Like 1

50 in the humi and 25 en route.

To those who have uncountable quantities, what is your overall long term strategy? Smoke some of them (all might never happen) /sell / leave to persons named in your will ?

I'm gonna have to be more friendly to some of the older cigar enthusiasts ;)

• Like 1

Have approx 2500, BUT there are a few boxes (15 or so NC)) that I just no longer have the taste for. Like many, more than I need, but can't help buying more!

I haven't gone to the dark side yet on cigars, but I have much more wine than I can drink. Why are all the expensive hobbies so fun?party.gif

When asked 'how many cigars do you have', I always answer "....not quite enough....."......innocent.gif

Around 300 for me .

I usually keep anywhere between 350-600 but cutting them down to a float of 200.

I'm smoking less and less now.

No point buying too many more if I'm not smoking as regularly.

My last big was rg Panatellas extra.

Smoking one of those every two weeks and holding the larger smokes for situations.

Every now and again a Connie 1

Roughly 50% over and under 500. Sounds right.

I am astonished at the 20%+ who are "over 2000"! And it makes me want a sub poll that says

2000-5000

5000-10000

10000-???

It's not that hard if you age your own so to speak.

Say 5 years of aging and 2-3 a day, would amount to 365 x 5 x 2 or 3 = 3650 to 5475 sticks.

Not even counting special boxes collections like EL or RE's

This is not unrealistic for some...

It's not that hard if you age your own so to speak.

Say 5 years of aging and 2-3 a day, would amount to 365 x 5 x 2 or 3 = 3650 to 5475 sticks.

Not even counting special boxes collections like EL or RE's

This is not unrealistic for some...

But only your oldest stick would hit 5.

But only your oldest stick would hit 5.

This was just to illustrate how easy it is to get over 2,000 sticks.

Regarding your point, it really depends on the age they already have when you receive them, but yes theoretically only your first bought batch would reach the 5 year mark.

In a going concern situation you would replenish those boxes you open.

In real life one would age various marca's even longer, Cohiba, H.Upmann and Monte, so your stash will need to be even bigger.

In the same boat. I am in the 2,000 club. Many years of collecting. But hundreds are from those terrible years. Can't smoke them. But can't bare to throw them out. So they just sit there.

What about selling to "vintage enthusiasts" at a, probably by now, considerable profit to fund lots of current production that smoke superbly well?

What about selling to "vintage enthusiasts" at a, probably by now, considerable profit to fund lots of current production that smoke superbly well?

So he should purposely sell plugged sticks to unsuspecting fellow smokers?

I made a very thorough count. Twice. And then I crunched the numbers and....

I have far more than I need but not near as many as I want.