How many cigars do you own?

How many cigars are there in your humidors/tupperdors/locker?  

487 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More than I need, fewer than I want.

Just enough (barely) to trim a tiny bit from the inescapable angst over never, ever, having enough Not enough to defeat the utter conviction I must seriously step up my purchases Just enough that it

I get the feeling it would be easier for some guys here to count the number of boxes

I just finished an inventory with my SO, me calling out the info and her putting it in an Excel spreadsheet.

I have some older cigars from my years of buying pre FOH, around 250 sticks.

The rest are more recent purchases, from one other source and mostly from out host.

I have just shy of 2K cigars. My SO pointed out that I am unlikely to ever smoke them all, given how few I smoke.

My real purpose to doing my inventory was to see how many duplicates I have and how many more I need to get.

I have 4 boxes each of Bolivar BFs, Bolivar CGs, Bolivar RCs, Monte 2, Monte 4, Lusitanias and RJ Cazadores. So I probably only really need one more box of the Cazzies and don't have to get any more of the others.

But I now know what I should be looking to buy, and this will help me keep my out for them without buying boxes that I may like, but don't really need.

I just finished an inventory with my SO, me calling out the info and her putting it in an Excel spreadsheet.

I have some older cigars from my years of buying pre FOH, around 250 sticks.

The rest are more recent purchases, from one other source and mostly from out host.

I have just shy of 2K cigars. My SO pointed out that I am unlikely to ever smoke them all, given how few I smoke.

My real purpose to doing my inventory was to see how many duplicates I have and how many more I need to get.

I have 4 boxes each of Bolivar BFs, Bolivar CGs, Bolivar RCs, Monte 2, Monte 4, Lusitanias and RJ Cazadores. So I probably only really need one more box of the Cazzies and don't have to get any more of the others.

But I now know what I should be looking to buy, and this will help me keep my out for them without buying boxes that I may like, but don't really need.

And you are still alive after this process?

And you are still alive after this process?

I spent my own money, not "our" money. She is encouraging me to stop purchasing, but she knows that at least I'm not buying an expensive car or something that cost more than the CCs.

• Like 1

I have a decent amount of "halfsies" boxes that I am currently going through (smoking them of course), but between my end table Aristocrat and my tupperdor I have 55-60 boxes and 300 loose.

Collecting, trading and getting sticks as gifts over the years adds up. I have my share of CCs in the 1998-2005 range that probably need to get burned soon enough, but it's hard to kill them. You almost feel guilty knowing that the cigar you're putting a torch to is THE LAST ONE you have of a particular box code/date.

• Like 1

So he should purposely sell plugged sticks to unsuspecting fellow smokers?

Ha ha. No. You missed the nuance in the quotes. Sell to people to whom these cigars will be a collectors item, never to be burned and enjoyed but to be a status symbol.

Well, my reasoning for putting all my cigar info on an Excel spreadsheet seems to have failed.

I noted that I had multiple marcas where I had 4 boxes, and therefore didn't need to get any more of those except for cazzies.

I saw a 50 Cab of Lusis and sent an email.

I now have a 5th box of Lusis, and it is a 50 count box.

I really have to convince myself to stick with the program.

I have a question.

Would it be unlawful to keep boxes of duty free(or unpaid duty) cigars in your country? If yes, how many boxes would it be until its deemed so?

I was just wondering as i saw people in IG having super many boxes in their walk in humidor/man cave.

I have a question.

Would it be unlawful to keep boxes of duty free(or unpaid duty) cigars in your country? If yes, how many boxes would it be until its deemed so?

I was just wondering as i saw people in IG having super many boxes in their walk in humidor/man cave.

This might not be the best place to solicit legal advice.

• Like 1

At the rate I smoke currently probably enough to get me thru 2025 without buying anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. I have so many I don't even care anymore when my friends constantly mooch off me.

• Like 1

Same here. I have so many I don't even care anymore when my friends constantly mooch off me.

Agreed! Cigars to me are great for a lot of settings, whether alone or with your best of friends. But breaking out the "big guns" with friends that do smoke good cigars is always fun.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A lot more than I did a couple weeks ago due to my new found 24/24 addiction. I recently started buying again. Probably around 500 or so at this point. It's almost time to call Bob for a new Aristcrat. I sold my old one a few years back when I was starting my business. I hated to see it go but it was needed at the time.

A lot more than I did a couple weeks ago due to my new found 24/24 addiction. I recently started buying again. Probably around 500 or so at this point. It's almost time to call Bob for a new Aristcrat. I sold my old one a few years back when I was starting my business. I hated to see it go but it was needed at the time.

Ahh, the beauty of Bob being just 30 minutes away from me. I'd have no excuse not to have one of his creations :)

• Like 1

Ahh, the beauty of Bob being just 30 minutes away from me. I'd have no excuse not to have one of his creations :)

Yup. Zero excuse :)

50 cc /100 nc (150 ) in 2 separate desk tops . I've only purchased 2 x 10 ct boxes to date the rest are in 5ers doubles singles. Wouldn't mind a few more 10-20ct boxes Coro and rass will be next for sure when $$ permit. Still have my eye on some nc doubles I'd like to try too.

Do the plugged ones from 1999-2003 count? I can't bear to throw them away, but they are bricks!

It hurt to do it, but I just tossed the last 15 sticks from a Lusitania cab split I did years ago. I tried each one before I threw it out, but all were plugged/impossible to smoke. They were 99's. Did they same thing with seven H.Upmann Monarchs from '01. Out of the 30 cigars, I probably had 8-10 barely smokable. They are gone now, and, quite frankly, good riddance.

• Like 1