Sneak preview of new FOH Logo?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Monkey in Fezz isn't going anywhere i appreciate the input! We are runnng out 3-4 logo's over the coming months to use with the new forum (upgrade from currrent version of Invision Board). it i

welcome to the new coke of logos!

I don't think I would buy the ashtray with the new proposed logo on it. I like this version the way it is and will be purchasing 2 of these once available.

I'm not a fan sorry, Rob.

It's not that it's different that bothers me - it's that it lacks the character and feel to which I have become accustomed.

I work in marketing and would offer this input: What would happen if you eliminated the text? Would people as easily identify it with your brand?

To me the question is as follows: Who is your target audience for sales? Age group, nationality, etc. Are you going for a more professional/serious look or are you going for a more fun feel? Do you want to maintain the "rebel" nature of *****INT or transition away?

• Like 1

Not a huge fan of the FOH lettering. Look at the chicago white sox logo on their ball caps, and do something like that imo.

I definitely like the concept, with the flag/cigar and FOH across the front. I'm no design expert, but as others have said, the FOH font doesn't work for me, and the text wrapped around the top and bottom feels too busy. I like the logo in the PDF better, without the circle in the middle. Still think there's a better font out there for FOH, but no clue what it is.

I like it on the PDF like the lighter, hats & water bottles, but the top logo I don't care for........I for one don't want you to lose the monkey! The monkey has character, but that's me.

I agree with many of those who have already responded. Not a big fan of the new logo and prefer the old/current logo.

Change for the sake of change does not always equal progress.

I do like the idea of having some FOH swag/gear available...whether for purchase or as gifts to loyal customers :innocent:

It's not that it's different that bothers me - it's that it lacks the character and feel to which I have become accustomed.

Yeah, it feels slightly generic ( to be honest, I've always been able to take or leave the chimp ). I actually like the overall concept / design, though to me the font treatment is a little graffiti artist , which I'm not a huge fan of. Overall, I don't mind it for use as a forum / website logo, but I'd be hard pressed to wear it on clothing.

Nevertheless, kudos to all involved - my thoughts are purely subjective.

A little generic, maybe a little too clean and fresh looking considering what goes on at the deck! It doesn't stand out against the multitude of European vendor's logos though.

The old one did give off a unique Australian vibe, I don't know if it was the colours hinting at that red outback dust/desert sunset

I still love the Ken version, maybe let Ken have a big desk at czar HQ with a gold placard in return for using his likeness :)

If not maybe replace the monkey (The animal) with a group silhouette of the guys who work at czar hq

Great effort though, you can tell a lot of work and thought has gone into it

I like the current one.

Wow, tough crowd! :). I definitely like the PDF version better. I can envision it on a nice golf shirt! I really like the design of the cigar, too. Not having been a member of the FOH family for nearly as long as many others, I guess the change doesn't bother me as much.

Why even use the Cuban flag? It almost makes it look like you're supporting the government of that country, which we all know you don't care for at all. From my interactions with other people they know FOH is an Australian source for Cuban cigars, so maybe incorporate Australian colors and more Cuban themes vs the Cuban flag. I don't think you should abandon all of the colors of your original logo either, even if you are trying to move away from the monkey etc. We need a tie back to the original logo in some way.

Also, I get why you might be using that street art style font for the FOH. It ties into the Czar HQ art work that we have seen in pictures. But it's important to remember the vast majority of your clientele have never been to Czar HQ and have no reference point for it. Change isn't a bad thing, but drastic change isn't my favorite. It's not like you're going to lose customers over your logo change, so go with your gut. You've obviously built this business using your best judgement, so go with your gut and/or use our input as well.

P.S. I would almost like to see an Australian flag surfboard vs the Cuban flag with the FOH text over it and the Friend of Habanos International above and below. Maybe even include the monkey on one end of the board or the other and some other picture to compliment.

• Like 4