Cigarette Smoking

Do you smoke cigarettes?  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was wondering how many FoH cigar smokers also smoke cigarettes. I smoke cigarettes, pipes, and cigars. Although cigarettes, for me, are a substitute for when it's not convenient to smoke a pipe or cigar.

I smoked ciggies for about 20 years. I was able to quit them by smoking cigarellos. I quit the cigarellos by starting to chew. I quit the chew by starting real cigars. Then went back to chew and cigars. ( BTW: it's great to pair a straight chew with a Cuban cigar)

I recently quit the dip. Just cigars now. ...as long as you don't count the vape I use to get thru times when I can't smoke.

See a pattern here?

Did I mention I love tobacco? It's my favorite vegetable (to quote Frank Zappa).

-Dan

• Like 2

I quit cigarettes about 25 years ago cold turkey first try. I had enjoyed the odd cigar while I was still smoking cigarettes but was concerned that if I had cigars it would lead back to smoking cigarettes. After a few years of not smoking I started enjoying the odd cigar without any urge to smoke cigarettes so I ended up slowly getting more seriously into cigars. Continue to enjoy them regularly to this day without ever an urge to have a cigarette.

• Like 1

I quit smoking cigarettes about 5 years ago. Before that I smoked for 15 years, almost a pack a day upwards of two on a heavy drinking Saturday night. I still have one occasionally, usually in the winter when drinking with friends as it is sometimes a little hard to have a cigar during the winter months. So my occasional cigarettes are only limited to the winter months, because when the warmth arrives and I am out partying cigar is always my number one choice.

I quit smoking cigs and chewing (dip) 4 years ago. Didn't smoke cigars either for a period of about 2 years. Started gradually smoking cigars again then, about 2 years ago. Still haven't touched a cigarette or chew. I had smoked and chewed on and off for about 15 years prior. Cigars were just an occasional indulgence, a few a year. Now I smoke a handful of cigars weekly, give or take.

Smoked cigarettes on and off for 20 years. Age 18 to 38. Quit when my daughter was born 2.5 years ago. Still have a cigar in the evening when she goes down for the night and various times on weekends for golf, football etc.

Don't miss cigarettes one iota. Love cigars more than ever. It's a passion, not an addiction.

• Like 1

Smoked one at around 15, wanted another SO BADLY for the next 2 days after but as it happened I couldn't get anymore. After those two days I basically decided to never ever smoke one again because I would obviously end up getting addicted. Never touched one since.

Took up the ciggies during a trip to Europe a couple of years ago

Tried to quit when I got back but it was harder than I thought

Once the price of a pack of 25 hit $30 I just couldn't justify it anymore

Switched to pipe smoking instead to help keep the daily cravings under control and found it much better.

My missus is happy for me to smoke a pipe daily but will kill me if I pick up a cigarette

Smoked for twenty years and just have up. I never think about them. From the moment I decided to throw them away I never had the urge again.

I'm in Australia. Nobody smokes here! Lol

Cigars it's a weekend treat for me. I don't have the time to light up a cigar to often in the course of a week.

I'm on a cigar a week now.

One thing for sure.. I'd never touch a cigarette again.

Just smells disgusting

• Like 1

I am a connoisseur of tobacco and nicotine: Cigars, cigarettes, chewing tobacco, ******, vaping. I do it all. The ****** I do on special occasions, the chew is a once in a while thing but I smoke cigarettes and vape daily. I want to stop vaping.. its more annoying than anything. It is so convenient to do inside, it becomes a constant in my daily routine.

I smoked cigs for 18 years, and really liked most things about them, other than the smell in the morning.

I smoked Old Gold and Newports, then in college had some money trouble (not enough of it!) and started rolling my own, and discovered Export A from Canada, and occasionally Three Castles from England. Both were Virginia tobaccos naturally cured, no additives and sweeter than American cigarettes. I really enjoyed rolling the cigarettes, smoking them- it was a real pleasure.

Then my mother got lung cancer from smoking, and I quit. Several times. I would quit for a couple of months and then go out for a drink or 2 and bum a smoke and start again. On the day my mom died, I finally quit.

I had smoked cigars on and off before my mother died, often with my father who smoked 1-2 per week, although I didn't smoke for a year or 2 after my mom died. Then I started with a few a year. Still don't smoke that many cigars, but I do enjoy them.

I really don't like cigarettes, and have no desire to start them again.

And I am sure that in part, I don't smoke more because I am concerned about becoming addicted to the nicotine.

I smoked for 27yrs I missed it and didn't start cigars until 15yrs after.....I LOVE cigars....I quit cigarettes, because I was always sick.

I've smoked cigarettes pretty much since high school. Fortunately, I never became a pack-a-day (or more) man...although there definitely were nights out drinking that quite a few got smoked in an evening. I picked up cigars kinda regularly in the early 90's, and have been more into pipes the last 15 years...just more recently getting back into cigars again. Cigarettes never went completely away though. In the most recent years, I smoke Davidoff (magnum) cigarettes. I'm not sure if there aren't the chemicals in European cigarettes that we have in US made smokes, but I don't really get cravings and often go days in between...probably averaging 1-2 packs/week. At that rate, I don't worry much about their health consequences...hopefully not famous last words ohmy.png Doh!

• Like 1

Never smoked cigs, dipped for 5 years but would quit for 3-6 months at a time (I drive 1200 miles a week), never could stand the taste, it just gave me something to do. Once I developed a passion for tobacco in its finest form, the need for chewing dog **** full of fiberglass sort of just went away.