Cigarette Smoking

Do you smoke cigarettes?  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I smoked a packet of cigs a day for 22 years then decided it was time to stop, that was 6 years ago. Straight cold turkey, after a month it became so faitly easy, the first days where hideous! I then waited for 2 years after stopping before starting with cigars to make sure I was absolutely rid of the habit of smoking for a fix of nicotine. Now I smoke cigars to enjoy the experience and I can go a month without one and it's not a problem, when it was cigarettes I could not mange an hour.

I had one puff of a cigarette when I was 16 and hated it. Don't like the feeling or thought of inhaling smoke like that.

Had a few cigars a year from then on and have really been into cigars in the last year or so (I'm now 25).

Very happy I never got hooked on cigarettes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are going to truly enjoy everything about the hobby of cigars. I recommend NOT smoking cigarettes. They are nothing more than a nicotine delivery device, they numb your taste buds, and are just not good for your body. Many cigarette smokers that also smoke cigars tend to use the cigar as a substitute for a cigarette. IMO, the two should not mix. I have not smoked a cigarette in over 15 years and just the smell of one burning literally makes me sick to my stomach. Cigarettes and cigars could not be further from the opposite end of the spectrum.

• Like 1

I'm intrigued by how polarized the division between cigarettes and cigars can be. Certainly I understand MY bias :P even before picking up a cigar I enjoyed the second hand smoke of a cigar or pipe, but never enjoyed the second hand smoke of a cigarette. Conversely, I've been glared out of the room/courtyard/smoking space by cigarette smokers who clearly were not enjoying my cigar smoke. Very strange! :cigar:

• Like 2

Probably the opposite of the usual, my first tobacco was a cigar. I liked them since I first smelled one in a tube when I was young. Hated cigarette smoke (and oddly still do even though I enjoy them on certain occasions). But not too long after I started occasionally smoking a cigar ( I was in college) I started having a cigarette on certain occasions. Still 8 years later I still have cigarettes around from time to time. It is a habit, but very intermittent. The chew has come and gone as well, also after the interest in cigars.

Not a fan, cant really handle cigarettes or cigarette smoke sober. When I (rarely) have one with a mate (if offered and drunk enough), I always get the nic head spins. Which I never get with cigars.

• 2 weeks later...

Never smoked Cigarettes. Could not stand the smell of them, even as a kid.

On other the hand, Cigar smoke was always aromatic and pleasant. That's why a took it up, and glad I did.

Ditto

Smoking cigarettes for 28 years since I was 14. But now I smoke 3 cigarettes a week. One one th drive to work. But i still dip. Dipping is so hard for me to quit. Been doing that for 16 years. I do t have to spit, I just gut it. I dip when I work also. The nurses and doctors and patients in the ED can't tell when I'm doing it.

Smoking cigarettes for 28 years since I was 14. But now I smoke 3 cigarettes a week. One one th drive to work. But i still dip. Dipping is so hard for me to quit. Been doing that for 16 years. I do t have to spit, I just gut it. I dip when I work also. The nurses and doctors and patients in the ED can't tell when I'm doing it.

That cannot be good for you. Never met someone who "guts" it.

That cannot be good for you. Never met someone who "guts" it.

I never got into chew, but tried it multiple times when younger. Some of my friends could/would swallow if they were in a situation where they didn't have a chew cup or were not outdoors.

Brings back memories of a guy I lived next to in college. He was a total slob, and had chew cups on just about every flat surface. Then I noticed some of the cups had a yellow liquid rather than the typical brown liquid. I asked him what that was all about, and he said sometimes at night he just didn't feel like walking down the hall (at most 15 steps away) to relieve himself. I have to admit that I did marvel at that and also even kinda admired his dedication to being as lazy as absolutely possible...but, I don't think I ever sat down or touched anything in his room after that either, though blink.png

Dipping was 100x harder to quit for me than cigs. I always felt like smoking was just a habit, but I truly loved chew. I used to be able to gut it, too, although after a few years I started getting heartburn and really bad hiccups whenever I would swallow it. I did manage to quit four years ago, but I miss it. I don't miss cigs at all. But whenever I'm around someone who chews, like my boss, I wish I could throw a pinch in myself.