2016 FOH International Blind Tasting Competition

RijkdeGooier

Going from Rob's original post, I was expecting " ....a dedicated thread for 2015 FOH BLIND TASTING Cigar 1 pinned to the forum from the Feb 15th".

I take it this is the dedicated thread?? Or are my search skills crap.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my first one. Have been in my humidor since I left for tour, and just getting home thought I'd jump on this. Should be just at 30 days since I received.

Not sure how much I can give away but it was a rather good cigar as it wasn't too In your face but was also a bit hard to coax any character out of it. What I did get I liked very much. It burned quite well, and was a joy and about an hour and a half before I called it a night. I have my suspicions of it narrowed down I think. Kinda hard for me based on limited experience in this size.

Can't wait to hear what it is, cause if the price is right I'm in for a box!

Damn I should have got in on this. Sounds like fun.

Same here. Actually just picked up the two sticks I thought number one could've been, still on the fence on if I made the right call...

Just finished smoking cigar #1. Here are my notes:

Great construction, silky smooth colorado/claro wrapper, invisible seams, perfect draw with slight resistance
Cold draw - Hay, Barnyard, roasted nuts
Medium body, Mild, Hazelnut/Pecan, Creamy coffee, Toasted tobacco, Sweet aroma, very slight citrus twang, very light salt and anise on the finish, Smooth through the nose. Good even slow burn. Strength grows in the second half. Earth comes out in the last third. No hard edges whatsoever all the way down. Smoked with coffee on a Saturday morning. 1.5 hours smoking time.

I really enjoyed this. I'm really wondering about it's age. I'm going to venture a guess but I can't wait to find out what it actually is, because when I do I will be buying a box.

post-25308-0-52137300-1457800682_thumb.j

• Like 2

If I can manage to pick up half those flavours I'll be pleased, nice short review, looking forward to no. 1 now.

Just finished smoking cigar #1. Here are my notes:

Great construction, silky smooth colorado/claro wrapper, invisible seams, perfect draw with slight resistance

Cold draw - Hay, Barnyard, roasted nuts

Medium body, Mild, Hazelnut/Pecan, Creamy coffee, Toasted tobacco, Sweet aroma, very slight citrus twang, very light salt and anise on the finish, Smooth through the nose. Good even slow burn. Strength grows in the second half. Earth comes out in the last third. No hard edges whatsoever all the way down. Smoked with coffee on a Saturday morning. 1.5 hours smoking time.

I really enjoyed this. I'm really wondering about it's age. I'm going to venture a guess but I can't wait to find out what it actually is, because when I do I will be buying a box.