Pre-Embargo Cohiba Coronas?!? - Anyone familiar with these?

That website was started by a known scumbag/con artist (who is a member here) who ripped off plenty of good people with fake cigars and stills owes them money. He has a long history of star****ery. He's also maligning another member of the cigar community so people will think he has actual cred.

I am all ears to a private PM or e-mail on the issue.

Andy is right however.

I have been accused of selling fakes over the years. No doubt you can find commentary online with a search. It is the reason we do not permit the mention of vendors on the forum. Any git can make a claim.

I haven't sold fakes of course but that still doesn't stop people referring to cigarNexus (in the past) and posting that they received cigars with the wrong bands etal. Of course CN was 10+ years since being updated. Still, the net is was it is.

When purchasing vintage cigars you need to understand the provenance of them. When they were initially sold, by whom to whom, how they were kept (if possible), and how they came into the hands of the vendor. I don't buy private stock unless I was the initial seller. Outside of that I buy from PCC. The Hamlets coming in are the first time since 2002 that I have purchased outside of PCC bar custom Cuban stock I authorised and had a hand in the blending.

There are few dealers in the world I would trust implicitely on vintage stock. Rob Fox (JJ Fox) is one. I understand the individual and how he comes about the stock he offers. I have more than a level of comfort.

Take care in what you purchase. Do your checks. Read, research, ask.

• Like 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bands are real and they are pre-revolution. Of course I can't speak for the cigars in the picture. I spoke with Punch Joe about these last February, I came across a few bands for sale on ebay in

Guys, please don't go down this road. This thread is about pre-revolution Cohibas, not anybody's reputation. It's not relevant to this thread and more discussion of it will make it go away. Any more

MNR's book is about post-revolution cigars...

Ryan, I disagree. If we are talking about unknown bands the seller reputation is very important.

The bands, while not widely known, are not "unknown". Pre-Revolution Cohiba bands do exist, here's a picture of one of mine. As you can see, it matches the bands in the picture in the original post in this thread.

Any other comment regarding the authenticity of the cigars or bands in the original picture is conjecture.

As with any auction, for anything, no matter who's running it, buyer beware.

post-3053-0-10915200-1456066135_thumb.jp

• Like 2

The bands, while not widely known, are not "unknown". Pre-Revolution Cohiba bands do exist, here's a picture of one of mine. As you can see, it matches the bands in the picture in the original post in this thread.

Any other comment regarding the authenticity of the cigars or bands in the original picture is conjecture.

As with any auction, for anything, no matter who's running it, buyer beware.

image.jpeg

Sure, brother, no harsh feelings.

Like I've been saying since forever, this is a great community. If you feel the correct is delete my posts I am cool.

I spoke with Punch Joe about these last February, I came across a few bands for sale on ebay in Spain.

Jose told me that Habanos have done everything in their power to cover up the existence of this pre-revolution brand.

For me, this is the most important aspect of this whole discussion - that Cohiba, as a brand existed well before what "conventional wisdom" has dictated.

Guys, please don't go down this road. This thread is about pre-revolution Cohibas, not anybody's reputation.

I agree, but discussions do wander - as they do in person. There is no reason to cast aspersions on legitimate merchants here, and a number of good reasons not to - not the least of which being that our host could be held liable.

We have all kinds of members - some more involved / knowledgeable regarding these kinds of matters, and those who aren't (like myself), and perhaps never thought they'd have to worry about it, or really, any kind of cigar corruption.

For anyone interested who hasn't already read it - check out "The Billionaire's Vinegar"

When purchasing vintage cigars you need to understand the provenance of them. When they were initially sold, by whom to whom, how they were kept (if possible), and how they came into the hands of the vendor.

Take care in what you purchase. Do your checks. Read, research, ask.

No provenance, no go - no matter who, what, when, where, how.......