Your opinion: The best pound for pound Cuban cigars in the world today?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Surprised there aren't a LOT more votes for the H.U. Mag 46 Consistency: Never had one that wasn't great. Priced right always a 'go to' cigar when I want to get what I expect. Great flavor pro

These are my 3 best cigars which have been produced in the new decade, and consistent from box to box within these codes: LBT10 Cohiba Behike 54 EMA07 PL Magnificos LRE09 LGC Tainos Consistency, c

1 and 2 for me. Add Boli PC and a Party Short...

Hoyo Des Dieux top of my list

PLPC price/enjoyment leader

Parti Mille Fleur '14 price/enjoyment runner up

yes '14 has been an excellent year for me...........

Party 898 @ $10ish no other cigar is as enjoyable, consistent and very fairly priced

BBF @ $8 again very consistent and pleasurable

Upmann SW it is much cheaper than the Espy and slightly superior to the Impeiale. My favorite, most bang for the buck Churchill

1. Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No 2 - This was the first "real" Cuban cigar I ever smoked and will always have a soft spot in my heart. That aside, I love the flavours and size, and for me it is one of the best bang for buck cigars around.

2. Montecristo No 4 - These are my go to smaller cigar and they offer great value for money. Sure they can be average at times, but when they're on they're magnificent.

If I had to add a third, it would be the Vegas Robaina Unicos, though I find this one harder to justify. There is just something special about it that draws me time after time.

I tend to lean to Bolivar Coronar Junior is quality and value is measured with the amount you get in that pound. Same is true with Partagas shorts but slightly less.

Many great petite coronas Bolivar is my favorite.

No with great all out smoke then we go to the Belicoso size and then the 7"

with Lusitania, Bolivar Corona Gigantes, RA Gigantes.

Then we go to exquisite stuff like Esplendido, Bolivar Libertador. I really like the Sublime size. Yet for now I don't own any boxes of them. Their value just isn't there as I can buy boxes of 7" 25 for just a bit more in cost.

That pulls me back to the reality of the shorts, juniors, petites and even Mille Fleurs.

"What should we start with?"

"An '82 Margaux."

"Is it good?"

"Good? It will make you believe in God!"

• Like 1

1) HdM Des Dieux - To me the best pound-for-pound cigar out there (just not currently out there :huh:)

2) PLPC - Hard to compete with this one given the enjoyment you get out of the evolution of a 50 cab over time

3) H. Upmann Mag 46 - My favorite vitola from what has become my favorite marque. Love these young and old

Party Short-Perhaps my all time fave.

Monte PE

Cohiba PE

Honorable Mention: Trinidad Reyes.

Tough one

Monte 2 consistent only because I purchase your PSP stock..

BBF.....PSP stock... sensational

Monte Petit Edmundo hardly a day goes by that I don't have one... love them.

Connie A and Hoyo San Juan ...always in the mix as well.

1. Montecristo No. 2

2. Cohiba Siglo VI

3. Ramon Allones Gigantes

All that I bought last year were QdO Coronas and RGPC's. Ask me again in 10 years and maybe I might have smoked one!

Going back to a thread a while back about buying blind. While there is plenty to be said about buying from a mate (I believe I said that)... When I look at what I buy and how long it takes me to get around to smoking one, buying blind is all that I do (from the perspective of tasting what I buy)... I could be dead before I try some of these cigars... -LOL

-Piggy

Montecristo No. 4
BBF

Partagas Lusitania.

I was torn between the Monte 4 and a HUHC, both of which I find are cigars that exceed their price point. I went for the Monte 4 as, although I find construction inconsistent, when they are on they are one of my favourites.