Your opinion: The best pound for pound Cuban cigars in the world today?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Surprised there aren't a LOT more votes for the H.U. Mag 46 Consistency: Never had one that wasn't great. Priced right always a 'go to' cigar when I want to get what I expect. Great flavor pro

These are my 3 best cigars which have been produced in the new decade, and consistent from box to box within these codes: LBT10 Cohiba Behike 54 EMA07 PL Magnificos LRE09 LGC Tainos Consistency, c

1 and 2 for me. Add Boli PC and a Party Short...

Partagas Super Partagas - You can't beat the value of these longfiller sticks. When you get a good one its spotlight.gif

H.Upmann Connoisseur No.1 - Great tasting smoke & quite consistent. Never had a draw issue with these.

Quintero Favoritos - My regular value for money Cuban cigar.

Would be locking out many great cigars by only picking 3 however in no particular order,

Partagas Lusi, DC that keeps on giving from start to finish

Coro, Well constructed always tasty and enjoyable, not the cheapest but value is in the enjoyment

HUPC, Always a pleasure, leaves me wanting more, consistent value

Surprised there aren't a LOT more votes for the H.U. Mag 46

Consistency: Never had one that wasn't great.

Priced right

always a 'go to' cigar when I want to get what I expect. Great flavor profile that is always consistent.

and it's a size that almost everyone can warm up to. Small enough for the 'long skinny' smokers without being uncomfortable and big enough to smoke like a big cigar

-Dan

• Like 3

As usual in these kinds of surveys, you will find every production cigar on the planet listed, eventually ;)

Because there are a thousand different people that all like something different in a cigar. I find question like this interesting because I read thru the answers and look for a cigar that keeps popping up and if I haven't tried that cigar I give it a go.

Let's hear your answers.

PL Panatellas - Cheap, consistent and if you're patient enough to let them sit for 2-3 years, they pay off superbly. At under $3/stick for me, they're hard to beat when you need a tasty, competent smoke.

HU Connie A - Smoked about a boxs' worth since release. Only had 1 that was sub par. The rest were magnificent. Very flavourful and dynamic.

QdO Coronas - Great price, excellent cigar. Probably the most different blends amongst Habanos' lineup.

So going through the list, looks I need to stock up on:

PLPC

Party Shorts

BBF

RASS

BRC

BPC

Monte 4

These had the most votes, followed by:

Punch Punch

Monte PE

• Like 1

I've just realised looking at my humidor that my entire top layer is all petit corona sizes and under, and that the top cigars I end up reaching for are all small vitolas bar 1.

HUHC - my Saturday/Sunday morning paper ritual, love the format and RG, perfect length for a large cup of coffee to remind me my hangovers not that bad.

Partagas short - started buying these by the 50 cab recently really only because I think the cabs are just downright sexy. Love the in yo face pepper they bring to the table through the retrohale.

Connie 1 - pound for pound I've found these to be the most consistent Robusto I've come across. Perhaps I'm just a H.upmann nerd but these are what I reach for when I've had a long day and don't know what to smoke. Always perform and love the stewed fruits they coat the palate with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

considering the 3 main criterias would be for me :

Flyweight ( based on size / smoking time ) : H. Upmann Half Corona ( good consistency, seems to fit in everytime when there is not much time on hand )

Welterweight ( Robustos and alike ) : JL Sellecion No.2 ( good value/price ratio and gets better with every year no limit )

Light heavyweight : Bolivar Coronas Gigantes ( best Churchill value/price ratio, never seem to get bored of them, also good agers )

but there is so much more classes and restricting to three is really hard.

...but it is the ones that pop up repeatedly to take notice of ;)

They're the ones that people buy repeatedly though.

There are buzz cigars for instance RASS.. Is there a more over hyped cigar out there?

People will buy that because it's forever mentioned.. Lol

Because there are a thousand different people that all like something different in a cigar. I find question like this interesting because I read thru the answers and look for a cigar that keeps popping up and if I haven't tried that cigar I give it a go.

Let's hear your answers.

Usually the last three that I smoked since those are freshest in my memory. :)