Your opinion: The best pound for pound Cuban cigars in the world today?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Surprised there aren't a LOT more votes for the H.U. Mag 46 Consistency: Never had one that wasn't great. Priced right always a 'go to' cigar when I want to get what I expect. Great flavor pro

These are my 3 best cigars which have been produced in the new decade, and consistent from box to box within these codes: LBT10 Cohiba Behike 54 EMA07 PL Magnificos LRE09 LGC Tainos Consistency, c

1 and 2 for me. Add Boli PC and a Party Short...

The best pound for pound Cuban cigars in the world today?

no more than three cigars.

• Enjoyment
  • Value/Price
  • Consistency

These are my 3 best cigars which have been produced in the new decade, and consistent from box to box within these codes:

LBT10 Cohiba Behike 54

EMA07 PL Magnificos

LRE09 LGC Tainos

Consistency, check. You can't argue consistency when talking about true edicion limitadas. These were true one time, single run production cigars.

Enjoyment, check. You just can't beat these cigars. Period.

Value/price, check. Value = benefit/price, so value/price = (benefit/price)/price = benefit. Benefit = enjoyment, so check. See above. biggrin.png

If you are asking for a cigar that some person can find off the shelf at a B&M, I would say:

Quintero favorito or Trinidad Reyes

PL Monte Carlo

San Cristobal El Principe

• Like 3

Surprised there aren't a LOT more votes for the H.U. Mag 46

Consistency: Never had one that wasn't great.

Priced right

always a 'go to' cigar when I want to get what I expect. Great flavor profile that is always consistent.

and it's a size that almost everyone can warm up to. Small enough for the 'long skinny' smokers without being uncomfortable and big enough to smoke like a big cigar

-Dan

Mag46 is my favorite cigar. Period. Still didn't put it on my list because they're hit and miss. I smoke mag 46 and shorts the most. Shorts never fails but the 46s do. Up and down within the same box many times. Unfortunately it is my experience so couldn't hit the list

• Like 1

Last 5 years:

BTO 2013 Sig 6....worth it's weight in gold for performance

Any JL #1....not wrapper driven, not factory driven, cheap....just the most consistent cigar IMHO year after year

SLR Pacificos/Upmann 2/Fresh Regios-Fuerza.....all of these deliver every time for me

I haven't seen Rob's list, or did I miss it while scrolling through?

This!

I think most Bolivars are great value. I tend to find them quite consistent, and rarely get a bad one. Ironic that I should type this on a day that I had a bad one. :( One of my most favourite smokes is the Cohiba Robustos, but the price is a bit ridiculous really. On the other hand, can one put a price on 'enjoyment'? It's tough to rank something by value AND enjoyment I think. One could argue that the more you pay, the more enjoyment you get haha. I suppose if we work on a percentage, then the Bolivar must win, because the difference in price between a CoRo & a BRC is greater than the difference in pleasure. Plus I find the BRC more consistent.

Ok, that was a lot of typing about nothing lol.....no more than 3 cigars you say?

Bolivar Coronas Junior

Bolivar Royal Corona

Partagas Shorts

I haven't seen Rob's list, or did I miss it while scrolling through?

It hasn't been posted yet, although he did mention in the 24:24 yesterday that the Hoyo De Monterrey le Hoyo Du Prince was one of them.

Bolivar Belicoso Fino

Just works. flavour is consistent. Roll has been genrally good since 2013. Full flavoured but not nicotine laden.

Hoyo De Monterrey Le Hoyo Du Prince

I don't see too many bad boxes. However even in some average boxes the flavour is medium to medium full, sweet, a little woody, light christmas spices on the edge.

Por larranaga Petit Corona

So many are made and that is where it stands out. Consistently excellent. If you want that "punch" smoke them young. If you want that caramel goodness, put them away. Quality is seldom bad.

Bolivar Corona Junior

Delivers huge flavours for a pittance and does it time after time.

• Like 2

And the Winner is.....

After 98 posts, here's the score:

Partagas Shorts - 9 Mentions

Ramon Allones Specially Selected - 8 Mentions

Bolivar Royal Corona - 6 Mentions

Bolivar Belicosos Finos has 5 currently, and I counted 4 for the H. Upmann Half Corona. After that is the Petit Edmundo, the Connie 1, and Punch Punch with 3 votes each. This count includes all those who cheated, like Rob, and named more than 3 cigars. smile.png

EDIT - I'd be interested to know which are the 3 best-selling cigars. I think Monte 4 is number 1 isn't it?

• Like 2

EDIT - I'd be interested to know which are the 3 best-selling cigars. I think Monte 4 is number 1 isn't it?

I'd say Montecristo No.4, followed by Montecristo No.2. These things are speculative as there are no current figures available from Habanos S.A, but the common consensus, for marcas, is that Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta and Jose L.Piedra account for 50% of total yearly cigar sales.

Rob mentioned last June that his year-to-date figures had Monte 4 and Monte 2 at the top. I had an interesting conversation with Alex Groom, the proprietor of Cuban Cigar Website, this week in regards to most common cigars in the personal inventories of CCW users. We discussed how high the amount of Cohiba Behike was, for example.

• Like 1

And the Winner is.....

After 98 posts, here's the score:

Partagas Shorts - 9 Mentions

Ramon Allones Specially Selected - 8 Mentions

Bolivar Royal Corona - 6 Mentions

Bolivar Belicosos Finos has 5 currently, and I counted 4 for the H. Upmann Half Corona. After that is the Petit Edmundo, the Connie 1, and Punch Punch with 3 votes each. This count includes all those who cheated, like Rob, and named more than 3 cigars. smile.png

I think you missed the 11 votes for the Bolivar PC...12 if you count my tubos 2 vote.