A look at box codes from 6 months of 24:24

I have never been a box code chaser until I smoked a ULA15 QD Corona the other day. Got the box from a 24:24. Put in the humi and pulled one out in honor of the recent 24:24.

I could not be happier with my box purchase and I am pissed I missed out on the offering. Now I may be a case chaser as far as those go. I hope they found a good home...spotlight.gif

• Like 1

Damn! That had to take a lot of work.......very interesting, now how did you get all that info from the 24:24's since they disappear the next day....did you just screen save them all for your data? I mean seriously this took some work....thanks for sharing with us.

Brilliant - I am a bit of an excel nerd myself and had started doing the same exercise a week ago; more for my own purposes of being able to locate bargains/have a decent shot of picking out a winner. But I have to say this is fantastically meticulous and more insight than I was planning to gather.

Here's the original questions I posed if anyone is interested. As I am a stats junkie like Planetary I believe with a little work we could maybe answer some of these questions. Keep in mind the factory codes used are just hypothetical examples and I have no basis for this line of thinking.

"Since you're into statistics and numbers so much and so adept at putting them together I have always wondered if it would be possible to crack the factory code. Not from a figuring out what factory the cigars actually came from, but during a certain time period and a certain factory code is there a statistically significant amount of boxes which get higher marks than others? I recently posted a topic on RAE Jun15 as being a good solid performer from what I've seen. I wonder if you took all available data from last couple years 24:24, forum members statements, Robs lists of great codes, and maybe another vendors factory code sheet and come up with a spreadsheet showing which factory code with month and year were better by larger margins? I'm assuming from this you'd find out certain trends in how the factory codes may have moved. For example maybe RAE from Feb-July 2015 was possibly the same factory as LUB from Sept.-December 2014. Or ULA could be same as AUM from certain time periods? Just a crazy thought since the days of chasing specific factories is over, maybe chasing trends is the way to go. Certainly it would make sense that the better staff at LUB late 2014-early 2015 could now be TOS late 2015, and thus one would have better luck getting these boxes than any others? Just food for thought from one numbers junkie to another! Let me know what you think."

Good statical information. One other thing your report brought to mind was the amount of PSP being sold these days. 6, 7 years ago PSP was like a diamond in the rough, maybe a box, two, or three a month. It was common for LFTH or LITH to have none. Quality sure has increased. I say that from speculation only, I'm still smoking through my hoardings of 2008 through 2010's and probably will be for a few more years.

Good statical information. One other thing your report brought to mind was the amount of PSP being sold these days. 6, 7 years ago PSP was like a diamond in the rough, maybe a box, two, or three a month. It was common for LFTH or LITH to have none. Quality sure has increased. I say that from speculation only, I'm still smoking through my hoardings of 2008 through 2010's and probably will be for a few more years.

Interesting. Question for us newer folks -- what were LFTH and LITH? How did they work?

This is amazing information. Now I have a (second) hobby: going over this and finding false patterns!

That's a fair point. Given the limits of the data (only what passed 24:24 standards), it's a leap to generalize this to overall quality. And it's also not clear that one can use this data to establish code-to-factory equivalencies, either.