"KSA" cigars?

2 hours ago, joeypots said:

Interesting that there are custom cigars for a member of the Saudi royal family. The kingdom is an absolute monarchy. The Quran and the Sunnah (the traditions of Muhammad) are  the country's constitution. Alcohol and tobacco are strictly verboten.

When your away from the homeland, did it ever really happen?  When in Rome....   I could say a lot more but it is not an uncommon practice from Arab royalty to enjoy some of the more sinful practices when away on vacation.  

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's actually a wonderful man and a friend of mine. We met in Havana and he has been kind enough to share his cigars with me. We both had some of our cigars rolled by the same roller years ago. PK is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminded me to post some new ones Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, joeypots said:

Interesting that there are custom cigars for a member of the Saudi royal family. The kingdom is an absolute monarchy. The Quran and the Sunnah (the traditions of Muhammad) are  the country's constitution. Alcohol and tobacco are strictly verboten.

Do they have sheesha or hookah there? No alcohol about in Kuwait, but hookah everywhere and cigars easy to find and allowed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

you think the british royal family has never transgressed?

human nature. and no one is perfect, but most people are, at least on occasion, highly hypocritical. 

I think it has more to do with the one set of rules for all, applied differently depending on who you are.  A Saudi Royal "transgressing" wouldn't get 1/1,000,000th of what a regular Saudi citizen would get for "transgressing". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

you think the british royal family has never transgressed?

human nature. and no one is perfect, but most people are, at least on occasion, highly hypocritical. 

And for me, Ken, the hypocrisy is what makes these cigars so interesting. 

• Like 1

From what I've heard, they're commissioned to various rollers in and out of Havana; not much different than getting a really nice bundle from Yolando, La China, and so on. They're made with aged leaves, various blends (but on the stronger-side) but again aren't anything more than that but w/ a custom band and boxes made.  

Some of the roller's names are written in sharpie when you see some bundles posted up now and then.  I've also had a few sources who frequent Havana a lot work on them.  They were told PK comes by every so often to check on the tobacco, rolling, and so on; does buy a LOT and do imagine he gets charged quite the premium as well.

How does one become friends with the Prince where he would share his cigars with them?  For as much as they are on Instagram, it must not be that uncommon or are they copy cats?   This seems lit it would be something only enjoyed by the 0.0001%?  Those who attend Davos or something like it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, brschoppe said:

How does one become friends with the Prince where he would share his cigars with them?  For as much as they are on Instagram, it must not be that uncommon or are they copy cats?   This seems lit it would be something only enjoyed by the 0.0001%?  Those who attend Davos or something like it. 

Buy a few of these and you may get a cigar.

1974_ras_tanura.thumb.jpg.02415d37c1f9308b54b2735264795f1f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, danny said:

From what I've heard, they're commissioned to various rollers in and out of Havana; not much different than getting a really nice bundle from Yolando, La China, and so on. They're made with aged leaves, various blends (but on the stronger-side) but again aren't anything more than that but w/ a custom band and boxes made.  

Some of the roller's names are written in sharpie when you see some bundles posted up now and then.  I've also had a few sources who frequent Havana a lot work on them.  They were told PK comes by every so often to check on the tobacco, rolling, and so on; does buy a LOT and do imagine he gets charged quite the premium as well.

it was a while ago but my understanding was that they did commission this particular roller, one of the very best, to head over for three months. he was offered a permanent position but preferred cuba to the luxury of saudi arabia, which says a lot. he was allowed to select his own leaves. make his own blend for them. it was all shipped over to saudi for him. but it had to be the finest quality possible, understandably. i would think these were something seriously special and unique.

i know nothing of bands or other occasions, but no doubt someone can advise us.

• Like 1

OK Rob. it looks like there is plenty of interest. Go find some for us. I know you can do it. My Amex card is ready. When should we start checking for these on 24/24?????? ?????

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

PK is just an outstanding person. Humble and generous as it gets, and his cigars are top notch. Just cigars right? Not exactly. If you take selected good quality tobacco, process it very carefully, give it to the best blenders and rollers, and then age the sticks beautifully for a couple of years... the probability of getting an outstanding cigar just get bigger. So, not exactly your normal LCDH custom.

Now think about the fact that this man puts all that care into his cigars to end up giving away the vast majority of them? I believe it's something remarkable, and somehow reflects very much of what the so called "BOTLs" are all about.

Have a nice day you all!

Xavi

• Like 1

Guest RobeAndSlippers

First third spicy. Easy draw, even burn with dark gray ash. image.thumb.jpg.290ed310ccf7bbaac491195884e4b437.jpgSettles into remarkably complex floral/wood/chocolate mildness but with quite the nicotine kick. A remarkable cigar indeed. Will post tasting notes on the others: have a couple of vitolas courtesy of PK that I have not yet tried. Sorry for potato quality pic: the uploads flip these...?

IMG_6570.JPG

9 minutes ago, RobeAndSlippers said:

First third spicy. Easy draw, even burn with dark gray ash. image.thumb.jpg.290ed310ccf7bbaac491195884e4b437.jpgSettles into remarkably complex floral/wood/chocolate mildness but with quite the nicotine kick. A remarkable cigar indeed. Will post tasting notes on the others: have a couple of vitolas courtesy of PK that I have not yet tried. Sorry for potato quality pic: the uploads flip these...?

IMG_6570.JPG

Nice looking cigars. Try making a photo edit, even a small one like a minimal crop. And then try uploading them again and you should have no problem. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2016 at 4:55 AM, JoeyGunz said:

I've always had my suspicions on whether these are cubans too, and who is PK?

No need to have doubts, the cigars are Cuban. Tobacco harvested in Cuba, and rolled in Cuba by, literally, the best rollers in Cuba (at least the most famous). PK means Prince Khaled. He is a member of the Saudi Royal Family. This is not something I have heard, is something I know for a fact. 

One of the most humble and giving person I know. A real BOTL and great, experienced cigar Aficionado .

• 1 month later...