"KSA" cigars?

You were told wrong. His name is Khaled Al Saud, Yup he has a place in LA, and he is generous in the extreme. I have smoked his custom cigars for the past 12 years or so, via a close mutual friend. 

One thing that pisses me off, is that the man gifts all his cigars, NEVER sells. Yet i have seen people selling these cigars, scumbags as far as I am concerned.

Keith.

• Like 1

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's actually a wonderful man and a friend of mine. We met in Havana and he has been kind enough to share his cigars with me. We both had some of our cigars rolled by the same roller years ago. PK is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminded me to post some new ones Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, AlFais said:

Maybe but there is no one in the Saudi royal family with that name. I double checked and can confirm if need be with a relative who works in the interior of ministry in Riyadh. Aside from what he may have told you, can you prove it? I mean I can call myself King Cohiba, claim to be Cuban royalty, have customs made and call it a day. I was also told he lived in the US (Los Angeles and DC) for 20+ years which i think is another question. 

The plot thickens? :lookaround:

He must give away a lot of cigars! See these everywhere lately.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Saud Family has a combined net worth of $1.4 trillion...probably the richest family in the world. As for these KSA cigars, seeing that there are so many, they kind have lost their appeal. Not very exclusive if you ask me...

6 hours ago, AlFais said:

Maybe but there is no one in the Saudi royal family with that name. I double checked and can confirm if need be with a relative who works in the interior of ministry in Riyadh. Aside from what he may have told you, can you prove it? I mean I can call myself King Cohiba, claim to be Cuban royalty, have customs made and call it a day. I was also told he lived in the US (Los Angeles and DC) for 20+ years which i think is another question. 

There is! 

If Google is not showing a result doesn't mean it does not exist.

10 minutes ago, AlFais said:

Officially, the Rothschild are the richest but there are wealthier lesser known or unknown families - former banking Venetian and Genoese oligarchies. The Del Banco (known today as Warburg today) is one example.. they founded the BIS (Bank of International Settlements) in Basel, Switzerland. 

About the cigar, I’ve smoked them on and off for about 3 years now. They’re unbelievably consistent.. perfect construction, perfect draw, beautiful wrappers (some darker than others), packed with leaves and burn great thanks to the construction.

The blend is relative. It’s not what I would go for. I’ve smoked Cubans for 17 years and to me they don’t taste Cuban. Maybe the blend has changed over the years. We have to remember that they’re made for the man himself. They’re medium-full, always. What amazes me is that they are never ever peppery on the tongue and mouth even when they full bodied. I am told the leaves are well aged before being rolled and that would explain it. 

On the appeal and exclusivity, people still go mad for them on IG, lol. If you want to try one, let me know, I’ll send you one. 

Welcome to FOH AlFais - perhaps an intro post would be appropriate? Most new members do so here http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/forum/6-newbie-introductions/

Would love to hear about your friendship with the Prince....

16 hours ago, AlFais said:

Maybe but there is no one in the Saudi royal family with that name. I double checked and can confirm if need be with a relative who works in the interior of ministry in Riyadh.

It seems you fell for a misunderstanding reg. the commonness of the title "prince" within the royal Saudi family. Simply check up Wikipedia and you'll learn that there are currently an estimated 5,000 to 7,000 living Saudi princes, with the whole family comprising about 15,000 members (all males of which are entitled to carry the title emir/prince, unless being king). I don't think your relative will have been able to check them all up... ;). Running across a real Saudi prince thus appears as rare as meeting someone owning a box of Lusi Gran Reservas.... let alone a box of those KSA cigars....

And on another note - using the genuine Saudi Arabian coat of arms would set anyone very quickly in trouble who is not authorized to use this national emblem. But perhaps even the Saudis lost track of all their family members.... haha.

It may further be of interest in this regard that Khaled Al Saoud is as well the family name of all direct descendants (ben - son, bint - daughter) of King Khaled ben Abdelaziz al Saoud, son of Abdelaziz al Saoud, the founder of Saudi Arabia. Therefore "Khaled Al Saoud" seems far from being a rare Saudi name, and you may not even rule out the possibility that he is using such as a nom the plume...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fugu said:

And on another note - using the genuine Saudi Arabian coat of arms would set anyone very quickly in trouble who is not authorized to use this national emblem.

Not entering into the Prince/Royalty discussion here but from the VVIP treatment PK receives from the KSA Embassy in Havana he is certainly quite high up the Saudi ladder ...;)

• Like 3

As you guys can see Instagram has taken over the world as far as Cigars and what’s available and what seems to be out there. Personally I have had one and it was a custom roll. I enjoyed it but it wasn’t something that would be my go to. I have another that I’m saving. Having a discussion with someone who knows of PK he is a humble great man. He enjoys making the community happy and well enjoys Cigars. He doesn’t charge for his cigars and they are gifted. By only him. They shouldn’t be sold. PK also loves his cigars so much he smokes them like cigarettes. Lol. Here is the two I have received. 

D4C9BA09-EC89-48B1-A96A-C0F33D304B59.jpeg

• Like 1

As a rule the whole cigar community is a very generous one.

We love receiving cigars and it's even more when giving.

I am happy there are wealthy guys like him. Unfortunately there are crooks who sell what should be something "unmarketable": a gift.

Haven't heard a negative word about the man.  Quite the contrary...only heard pleasant things. Seems a shame to bash a guy for no apparent reason. 

Who gives a shit if he gives away hats, shirts, sunglasses, or cigars. I haven't heard anyone mention he has taken a penny for anything.

I get your point, I'm not obtuse.  Just seems a bit harsh. 

12 minutes ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

Haven't heard a negative word about the man.  Quite the contrary...only heard pleasant things. Seems a shame to bash a guy for no apparent reason. 

Who gives a shit if he gives away hats, shirts, sunglasses, or cigars. I haven't heard anyone mention he has taken a penny for anything.

I get your point, I'm not obtuse.  Just seems a bit harsh. 

Agree with you brother. This guy isn’t talking about this matter, which for me is entirely secondary really. All I can say, and I conclude with this (haha has been quite a thread these last 24H), the man is one of the most amazings BOTL I have come to know. All the praises are well funded, and yeah, the “humble” joke MIGHT, just MIGHT, seem a bit harsh and a little disrespectful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PigFish said:

... my friend, I cannot speak for anyone else, but I am just having a bit of fun and there is nothing personal in it! It is certainly not worth 'losing one's head over...' :rotfl:

Cheers!

HAHA, I know, that’s why I used the “might”! I hope you all have a great day wherever you are. And if any of you are in Habana this November, would be great to meet and share a KSA. Enjoy your week!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fugu said:

@AlFais, would be great if you could simply stick to my post and not give us a general lecture on Saudi history.

But you will be aware of the circumstance that we are dealing with a phonetic transcription from the Arabic, sir? Whether bin or ben, Khaled or Khalid or whatever, depends solely into which language you are transcribing it to... (I even know a Chalid, Chaled or Chaleed for that matter....). E.g. in the francophone world it is spelled "Khaled" and "Saoud" and "ben".

As for the founding of the state and kingdom of Saudi-Arabia, which I have been addressing (i.e. the third Saudi state, since 1932 and founded by Ibn Saud, as known to the English spoken =  عبد العزيز بن عبد الرحمن آل سعود , father to king Khaled) - simply read my post again instead of correcting something imaginary that is not related to my post whatsoever.

Again, my point here being, the name Khalid in "Khalid al Saud" or "Khaled Al Saoud" needs not necessarily be a first name as you are obviously insinuating (when saying there is no one of that name), but can well be part of the name of a branch of the family tree (direct descendants of King Khaled). And of course is exactly this name part of several members of the Saudi family. So I am a bit lost with your statement of above...

I haven't met that man, but from what you present, and from what I read here from respected members, there is - so far - absolutely no point, not even a trace of a tiny bit of a fact that would spark in me any reason for distrust in the honesty of that man.

... I'm lay'n 2 to 1 on Goo!!!

Go get'm mate!!! -LOL

-Piggy