"KSA" cigars?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's actually a wonderful man and a friend of mine. We met in Havana and he has been kind enough to share his cigars with me. We both had some of our cigars rolled by the same roller years ago. PK is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminded me to post some new ones Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, javonazul said:

HAHA, I know, that’s why I used the “might”! I hope you all have a great day wherever you are. And if any of you are in Habana this November, would be great to meet and share a KSA. Enjoy your week!

No foul as I see it mate. Happy to meet a true lover of the leaf regardless of who he or she may play on TV...

For those of you who have not witnessed it, whenever someone takes a knee around here, there are typically some softball funnies thrown around. This includes everyone from the newest member to the top of forum 'leadership,' YouTube posters, cigar writers, cigar posers, rappers and critics, collectors and the like. It is how the place rolls. There are great folks, generous folks, on this forum and off it. Lets just say that even a royal blood line won't stop you from getting the goose around here. We all put on our pants (well, if we wear pants) one leg at a time...

Me, I thought the heads will roll (:rotfl:) emoji was priceless if I do say so myself!

Cheers mates! -Piggy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

Haven't heard a negative word about the man.  Quite the contrary...only heard pleasant things. Seems a shame to bash a guy for no apparent reason. 

Who gives a shit if he gives away hats, shirts, sunglasses, or cigars. I haven't heard anyone mention he has taken a penny for anything.

I get your point, I'm not obtuse.  Just seems a bit harsh. 

4 hours ago, miamipadronsmoker said:

Wow this thread got embarrassing. Shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adding some lighthearted humour, no personal attacks or anything of the sort. Couldn't care less if he is royalty or some homeless guy who found a winning lottery ticket.

Maybe those who have met this mysterious person should simply stop talking about him or posting his picture without his consent. Would seem rude to do otherwise. 

My 2 cents, take it or leave it.

Now where did I put my popcorn bowl? 

Pull your heads in. 

It is about cigars. If you want to make it about anything else, piss off elsewhere. 

I don't have a problem with taking the piss out of people you know either here or elsewhere who can jibe back. It is a different thing when someone is not a member, has made no statements, has done absolutely nothing wrong. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AlFais said:

Please take the following constructively.

I must have missed your humor when you went after the man’s humility. 

I didn’t think I needed permission to post a photo of the man when it’s out on the open for everyone to see in the first place.

I feel like you’re trying to wash your hands off in shifting the blame. 

If he’s royalty, it should be evident. Yet, people are offended for questioning it when there is no confirmation. 

If I offended anyone, I wish to apologize. My inquisitive mind always pushes me to question and analyze. 

Well said ??

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AlFais said:

Please take the following constructively.

I must have missed your humor when you went after the man’s humility. 

I didn’t think I needed permission to post a photo of the man when it’s out on the open for everyone to see in the first place.

If he’s royalty, it should be evident. Yet, people are offended for questioning it when there is no confirmation. 

If I offended anyone, I wish to apologize. My inquisitive mind always pushes me to question and analyze. 

There is no place in this thread for slights on one's altruism...without actually knowing the bloke.  

There is also no place for the raising of conjecture on a triviality. Prince or pauper, it wasn't an issue until raised. It still isn't an issue.  Knowing him and clarifying his status is one thing. Not knowing and then raising it is another.  Unnecessary. 

I am sure it was unintended. For future reference, I take a dim view on potshots aimed at people who can't defend themselves. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AlFais said:

In the words of Richard Dreyfus in the movie Zipper: “People need their fairytales.”

ken uses that one with religion  :D

It has been my experience that cheap shots say more about the man issuing them, than the target. 

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

ken uses that one with religion  :D

It has been my experience that cheap shots say more about the man issuing them, than the target. 

how the hell do i get dragged into this? i have stayed right out and you reel me in and yet if i do get involved, i get time in the naughty corner. can't win.

and for the record, i have never used that specific phrase re religion (think i might have used 'fantasy, et al - don't whinge, you brought it up). though i like it and might. granted i may have used others less polite.

going back to minding my own business.

but first, and also for the record, i'm not sure it is possible to take a cheap shot at religion.

20 hours ago, PigFish said:

... I'm lay'n 2 to 1 on Goo!!!

Go get'm mate!!! -LOL

-Piggy

Haha, no, I am done, the argumentation getting too foolish here for me. There is no point in arguing with the man any further (now anyway), all been said, at least for those who can read and follow a thread. Though I have to wonder why my post has been put down - there has nothing in the slightest way been offensive or becoming personal to anyone. Anyway...back on topic...

I am sharing the same stance as you here @PigFish - there has been no harm done to anybody by this thread, no disrespect shown either. Where, what? First of all, the simple fact of the person in question being a conjectured or a real Saudi prince doesn't deserve him any more or less respect as any other person. But - and with all due respect to our host @El Presidente, but quite contrary to El Pres' view - I am of the mind that this thread is still tightly playing the ball in asking who the man behind KSA cigars might be (in fact I personally couldn't care less, but for the sake of free-speech and debate, low-threshold censorship and even in defence of AlFais and others...;)). Because these KSA cigars have de facto become something like a merchandise, a marketable good meanwhile, been traded and sold on FB and what not as we hear, with there being a fairly broad interest in them (Nino speaks of a hype even) and the man in question exposing himself to a certain extent - crikey, he's kind of a maker of a line in some way (a new Cuban one that is! Incl. merchandising with T-shirts and caps etc.) even if not "commercialized". And it is not just any simple personal "branding", these cigars and boxes are branded with the sovereign emblem of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. So, a broad debate on the product - including its creator - appears only natural and fully legitimate to me. Whether he might be a member here or not - this is a cigar forum!

However, as said before, I cannot see any sign for support of certain opinions here questioning his relation with the royal family, simply gibberish. Seems more a problem someone is having with the definition of "royal family". A friend of mine is a falconer breeding Peregrines, he is dealing with Saudi princes on a daily basis during the season....

• Like 2

If one of these landed in my lap, I'd definitely try it.  But  I won't spend any time hunting one down.  There's a lot of interesting stuff out there. I don't necessarily need to have it all and I'm OK with that.  :P   Don't know much about the man behind these, but I'm enjoying the conversation.  I do find Nino's post interesting though as he alludes to something I've been wondering about these KSAs.  The green, gold embossed bands are what I'm used to seeing on the web.  The more "colorful" bands seem like a possible fuzagi/counterfeit.  They look so damn cheap compared to the green bands.  Given the hype around these, I find those non-green banded sticks to be suspicious.  I have no evidence of course. Only the notion that they look horrible in comparison.  I doubt anyone associated with KSA would sanction that laser printer band after the nicer, gold embossed ones.  :lookaround:

7 minutes ago, bundwallah said:

If one of these landed in my lap, I'd definitely try it.  But  I won't spend any time hunting one down.  There's a lot of interesting stuff out there. I don't necessarily need to have it all and I'm OK with that.  :P   Don't know much about the man behind these, but I'm enjoying the conversation.  I do find Nino's post interesting though as he alludes to something I've been wondering about these KSAs.  The green, gold embossed bands are what I'm used to seeing on the web.  The more "colorful" bands seem like a possible fuzagi/counterfeit.  They look so damn cheap compared to the green bands.  Given the hype around these, I find those non-green banded sticks to be suspicious.  I have no evidence of course. Only the notion that they look horrible in comparison.  I doubt anyone associated with KSA would sanction that laser printer band after the nicer, gold embossed ones.  :lookaround:

yeah but maybe  you have 2 beautiful necklaces with those, or a free beautiful hat.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AlFais said:

The non-green, color bands, are not as nice (to put it nicely) as the green&gold but they are 100% authentic and have same blends. The ones I have came from the man himself via a mutual friend. Plenty of people on IG have also received theirs from the man himself. See:

Thanks for the info!  Learning a lot about these.  That should cut down on a lot of speculation.  

• Like 1