Old Forester Birthday Bourbon?

BuckeyeSmoker

Has anyone tried this and is it worth the trouble/expense to get? I have a good friend who swears by it and I am attempting (and currently failing) to get him some as a gift.

I am curious if it is worth the hassle and mark up to get. I can get some for $220 US but want to try and find cheaper. This has proved impossible and makes me think I should get him something else

thanks for any info!

Has anyone tried this and is it worth the trouble/expense to get? I have a good friend who swears by it and I am attempting (and currently failing) to get him some as a gift.

I am curious if it is worth the hassle and mark up to get. I can get some for $220 US but want to try and find cheaper. This has proved impossible and makes me think I should get him something else

thanks for any info!

Ha ha! I understand your dilemma/pain/conundrum! thinking.gif I never bothered with another bourbon, Pappy Van Winkles, because it was impossible to get on the initial distribution and the after market prices were like $450/bottle! surprised.gif Then a friend gifted me a bottle and zowee! I was sold and now find myself trolling the internet for this bourbon.

Likely your pal has experienced the same sort of Nirvana with this Old Forester and is likely well aware of it's market value and unattainability. I have not tried it and cannot argue for or against its value at this price point, but the intended recipient has and is clearly in favor so go with it! thumbsup.gif

If, OTOH, your question was: "I want to get my friend a great bourbon for his birthday, his favorite is X, which is too expensive for me to buy, can someone here suggest a cheaper source or an alternative?" Then I'd say get him a Four Roses single barrel or Angel's Envy cask strength or something like that. Good luck! cigar.gif

• Like 1

It's good stuff. It seems it really has joined the bourbon bandwagon as I bought it a couple of years ago for around $40-45/bottle.

I don't think I'll ever be buying another limited edition bourbon. I don't buy limited production regional in the cigar market and I'm not about to do it with bourbon as I'm not going to participate in the madness.

• 4 weeks later...