Xikar Humifan

cosmoker

I received an email from them about the fan but no where on the email could you click to take you to it on their web site. I then went to the web site and could not find the fan anywhere. Not great marketing but glad to see it looks like they got it up now.

I have a couple of Oust fans and they work great, too bad I can't find them anywhere anymore. I guess if I needed a fan I would consider getting this one.

I think it is cool!

I have to agree however, that anything that is going to run on batteries is not good for much circulation, and where it fits, likely needs no fan at all.

I guess that I like it because I sell a competitive product and it represents someone attempting to fill a niche in the cigar world. Someone is listening to the community and using their brain! As stated I would not buy one, I make my own, but everyone cannot or won't and would rather spend a couple of bucks to have someone make it happen for them.

-Piggy

• Like 1

I think it is cool!

I have to agree however, that anything that is going to run on batteries is not good for much circulation, and where it fits, likely needs no fan at all.

I guess that I like it because I sell a competitive product and it represents someone attempting to fill a niche in the cigar world. Someone is listening to the community and using their brain! As stated I would not buy one, I make my own, but everyone cannot or won't and would rather spend a couple of bucks to have someone make it happen for them.

-Piggy

What is your competitive product? Is it available? I have Oust fans the work great for coolidors, they too are over 25$ us if you can find one.

-Frank

@ $40/each they're a non starter for me. $30 too high IMO. The Oust fans I have aren't that great. The blades stop spinning after a few iterations even on a new battery. The RH probably gums it up or something. My cigar oasis with the additional 3 fans really gets things moving.

I think it is cool!

-Piggy

I got one from senor pig aND it performs Flawlessly Would definitely recommend

See this thread: I will bump it.

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=124271

Be sure and watch the video.

You will note that this unit contains a 23 to 26 CFM fan (depends some on my bulk buying and discount habits). It is a "real" fan! I use only high mean time to failure ball bearing fans. This is not a 2.99 item from the internet or a crappy one that they often sell to kids putting fans into their computer cases. I have had some of these fans working for 10 years now!

Thanks for the inquiry. If interested (they are not exactly cheap) you can email me at [email protected]. No hurt feelings if it is not for you!!!

Cheers! -Piggy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was a little skeptical about this but purchased a couple anyways. I thought the fan would either be too strong, but it wasn't and I'm really glad I did. About to buy a third now.

The fan is a little larger than expected, about the size of 4 post-it pads together (2x2x2 rectangle), but its very well made and works like a charm. The fan gives off a very slight current, just enough to get the air flowing. Imagine a very soft blow, barely strong enough to get a straw rolling on a table and thats how strong the fan is.

Its also covered by Xikar's lifetime warranty so have some peace of mind there as well.

Highly recommended for those that may have a humidor or "tupperdor" that tends to go uncheck for some time!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

My wife bought me one as a birthday gift. I've tried it in the bottom and middle of my wineador with little to no impact on RH distribution. I think it's just too small and not powerful enough to make a difference.

• 2 years later...

I came across this thread and am wondering if a company has come up with a better alternative. I was a fan of the oust fans when they were under 10 bucks. I haven't seen anything out there for under 30 dollars US.

I came across this thread and am wondering if a company has come up with a better alternative. I was a fan of the oust fans when they were under 10 bucks. I haven't seen anything out there for under 30 dollars US.

I still use two Oust fans I’ve had for years and would love to get a couple more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, LLC said:

I still use two Oust fans I’ve had for years and would love to get a couple more.

Unfortunately my oust fans were found and used by the little one in the house some years ago for their original purpose. It saddens me I didn't buy more of them to keep in reserve.

I don't know how much of a difference they make in my 50Qt coolers but they were a great cheap option especially when pared with rechargeable batteries.