• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very old.... Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

and..... vintage... Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This just came in today. Orient Mako II USA.

15 minutes ago, Frozen North said:

@SaintMickey®, you sure don't see many 50th anniversary Submariners around. How do you like it?

I belong to The Rolex Forums.com. Plenty of members there own 50th Anni Subs, and many for sale in the classifieds section. It is not a rare watch, but certain early versions fetch a premium price.

27 minutes ago, NYgarman said:

I belong to The Rolex Forums.com. Plenty of members there own 50th Anni Subs, and many for sale in the classifieds section. It is not a rare watch, but certain early versions fetch a premium price.

OK, I have one that I purchased in 2004(?) from a Rolex dealer. I just don't see them anywhere.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frozen North said:

@SaintMickey®, you sure don't see many 50th anniversary Submariners around. How do you like it?

LOVE it. I am not a fan of the new Subs or any of the new larger cases that Rolex has bestowed on us. When I bought it new it was  around $5300....whatever the price was before price increase to $6400. Now Sub Dates are $8550 MSRP...stainless steel mind you!  LOL 

It is the last of the original cases but was the first to have the Maxi Dials other than the Yachtmaster I believe (old hour markers look so small now compared). Now they all have the larger hour markers.  

Best thing is I like that everyone doesn't have one but they are out there...

fullsizeoutput_7f6.jpeg

IMG_0718.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NYgarman said:

This is true.

• 5 weeks later...

Some lovely watches there, gents. Here is my set. I have an Orient Mako II USA inbound so no photos of that one yet. And, sadly, no Rolex yet.

My "nice" bracelet watches. L2R: Victorinox INOX, Steinhart Ocean Titanium, TWCO Salvage Diver, Oris BC3 Advanced, CountyComm MidPilot Auto SubSeconds.

GinsengBraceletWatches01_zpsurafxt5c.jpg

And my "beater" watches. L2R: Old Seiko, Seiko Titanium arabic, Seiko Titanium rectangular markers, really old Skagen Titanium

GinsengBeaterWatches01_zpsa4xoajqz.jpg

Wilkey

• Like 2

On 1/26/2017 at 9:30 PM, Dmpotocek said:

There is definitely some substantial overlap in the cigar and watch circles. I know I live in both worlds. At least with watches you aren't "lighting money on fire" like with cigars. 969ac7733600bf13278ed3bcec6c2a67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I currently own 12 watches with values ranging from under $100 to a few hundred $. My goal is to figure out a way to get the wife on board with a Breitling. I am thinking I will use the angle "I will sell all of my watches to get this one." 

• Like 2

I might employ the "it's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission " strategy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good answer .... here's the deal - the fact you have multiple watches now will only continue in the future with . .. ... ... more expensive watches hehe.... I had the same logic and sold off a dozen various watches for my first Rolex and now find myself with 2 Rolex and 4 Tudors and can't stop the bleeding!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Till my kids are out of college. Or the States start to pay for college I wont be owning multiple high end pieces for a few years. All bets are off once my kids are finally supporting me!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dijit said:

Till my kids are out of college. Or the States start to pay for college I wont be owning multiple high end pieces for a few years. All bets are off once my kids are finally supporting me!

...or see if they can take control of their destinies and pay for it themselves ? Then you can get it now! ?I won't be paying for mine to go to college. Government will if they are willing to join the service or other forms of giving back to the country. 18, you can vote and be held legally to standards of an adult.  Bye kiddos? 

• Like 1

Looks neat. What brand? Can't make the brand name out..

Looks like a Steinhart Ocean 1 vintage red on Nato strap.

Hello. Yes it is this watch indeed. The bracelet was nice (although the clasp looked and felt tinny) but i prefer the nato look for this so i changed it straight up.
2451ee4fbeb6acc3c54b27b65f0f5d61.jpg1d0ead38a208a73a258a20274cab102a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello. Yes it is this watch indeed. The bracelet was nice (although the clasp looked and felt tinny) but i prefer the nato look for this so i changed it straight up.
2451ee4fbeb6acc3c54b27b65f0f5d61.jpg1d0ead38a208a73a258a20274cab102a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

The Nato goes perfect with vintage look. Would love to see it on black/red nato.
  • Like 2