• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very old.... Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

and..... vintage... Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This just came in today. Orient Mako II USA.

8 hours ago, Ginseng said:
Classy. Been looking a pickup up a "5" for a knockabout watch.

How does that unit wear?

Wilkey

Pretty classic size, wears well. Larger than a typical 5, which is a good thing imho. They generally wear just a touch on the small side.

b774320c044fe7f1de32e27dd03aa596.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ginseng said:

This came in the mail today.

Damn you for showing me that! Looks like a nice clean dial watch! Good buy, rubber wrists :lmao:

6 hours ago, Stogieninja said:

Is there a discount code?

EDIT: Figured it out, but doesn't work for the USA models. Ah well.

Sign up for the newsletter. That 30% code does work for the Mako II  USA because that's how I got mine at such a good price.

Wilkey

4 hours ago, LordAnubis said:

Damn you for showing me that! Looks like a nice clean dial watch! Good buy, rubber wrists :lmao:

It's not just that the dial is a crisp. clean, legible design. It is so multidimensional. There are at least four planes including the dial itself and the marker channel and Arabic numerals. The real trick is that they pull it off without it looking too cartoony.

There is one reservation I have with this watch, though. Every component carries the appropriate weight and solidity for a flieger. It's not a brick like a 43 mm diver. Every component except the clasp. It is inexplicably flimsy. Clearly stamped out of steel that is too thin gauge for a watch of this caliber, if there's even a little looseness on the wrist, the band clinks against the clasp body issuing a tinny sound. Unforgivable in a nearly thousand dollar watch. I will probably have to apply a small patch of tape or a silicone dot to the underside of the clasp to prevent this.

Wilkey

20 hours ago, SirVantes said:

Luminor Arktos PAM92. The perfect watch for life in the tropics ;)

64ff7aee9423e27cabae0c6f8fc57303.jpg

Panerai now has inhouse true gmt movement. Outsourced movement in their earlier watches. Really listing after it, but can't justify owning that and Rolex explorer II. Too much $ would be tied up in two watches with the same functionality. 

On 5/6/2017 at 6:44 AM, El Hoze said:

I have always liked the lines on IWC. This is one of the 3-4 watches I still wear pretty regularly now and seem to like more as time goes on and I've had it for probably 10 years or so. 

IMG_5789.JPG

I bought my Portugieser Jubilee back in '93, and haven't regretted it for a moment.  

IMG_3264.thumb.jpg.d5d8d9473e4eb32007e08e73610c5f03.jpg

• Like 3

These are my three buckle strap watches. Invicta, citizen (1 of 2 solar watches) and a Roketa(?) 12 jewels.b8cb588ab468339e62693355d153f514.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2017 at 10:45 PM, luvdunhill said:

Omega 15,000 gauss on Nato band

4ef6a53cf2ee912c478d810f2ff4b9b2.jpg

Stunning watch in person. Had one of these wirh the leather band as well.  Classy 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, luvdunhill said:

Wait, my iPhone photography skills are impeccable! I don't know what you are implying there :)

I am going to grab one of the new Railmaster re-issues well once they hit the gently used market.

I'm thinking about an omega aqua terra gmt chrono/gmt. The seamaster gmt just doesn't do it for me and I have no need for a helium escape as on the planet ocean. 

If you guys see my my previous posts, I love a nice watch. I wore my fanciest watch in a pool on a business trip with mr beaver earlier this month in Hawaii. The crystal got all steamy. To the company it has gone and it is going to cost equal to a box of stogies to fix.

Moved to the next watch posted but needed new battery, so I thought. Nope. Needs some kind of repair. Shite!

Wearing an Apple black thing given to all on our recent biz trip. Driving me nuts. Tells me to stand, walk, breathe, looks goofy and needs power plug in all night. Cannot give it away or stamp it with my foot in frustration, since must must wear it at any company event to show my appreciation and match mr beaver's men's model that night.

:cowpoop:

• Like 1

One of my everyday watches.a52e37d7453df113124f3ee50f132775.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2