world's best rum

Ken Gargett

• 1 month later...

World's Best rum? I'm certainly in no position to comment on that.

However - I've sure had my share of the yellow label (and pink) Bundy at many a B&S. I've nearly showered in the stuff.

The 2015 Distiller's is _nothing_ like that - imho. Yellow label is akin to liquid boot polish remover (I still like it - for what it is)

Uncle Dan has the 2015 Distiller's on special for Members (free to join - no affiliation) at $68 - down from $89ish. so I thought I'd pick it up to try.

Again, IMHO and I may still be under the influence of a few glasses, but this is an excellent sipping rum. I'm going to pick up at least another, if not 2, at this price. Up until now, Zacapa 23 has been one of my favourites, but at $90+ a bottle, it's become a bit steep. I've recently tried Angostura 1919, but it really is too sweet for my liking.

The Bundy Distiller's 2015 is a cracker. Get on it.

Upmarket cane cutters cordial. Love it! I drank bundy a lot when I was a young fellah but went off it because the next day you could feel it seeping out of your eyeballs. Only recently have I dared venture back and it brought back a lot of memories. I still like the bundy flavour profile so I imagine I would really love this rum. I haven't found a rum that I absolutely love as yet. I have a bottle of Ron Zacappa 23 and I'm not sure I like it all that much which is sacrilege to many. I remember enjoying Caney rum in Cuba but I may have to seek out the upmarket Bundy and give a try. Thanks.

Best rum...eh? I'll have to invite some friends over to compare soon...

attachicon.gif2016-03-26 10.31.16.jpg

Well if it werent such a long and wet drive I would ask for an invite!

• Like 1

Well if it werent such a long and wet drive I would ask for an invite!

Haha...I often wish I was located closer to your part of the world at times!

I'm hoping this rum will compare favourably to the Ron Zacapa Rum Old-fashioned cocktails a few of us Sydney FoH'ers enjoy. We'll see!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...