Star Wars: Rogue One Trailer

Fosgate

Looks dumb from the trailer, can only hope it is better than the last one.

This I don't believe will be heavy with Jedi and Sith (They will be in the background from what I've read) but will follow more so the Rebel Alliance perspective.

I personally would love to see a movie from the Siths perspective, that would be cool.

One never knows what Rebels will have in stall for us, but I'm looking forward to it. Donnie Yen also will be great. Hope he doesn't get killed off like in a few of his Western movie roles.

• Like 1

When Disney purchased Star Wars I was worried about movie overload. I was disappointed by Episode 7. I felt there were not enough new ideas in it and it felt more like a reimagining of A New Hope than a continuation of the story. It made a lot of money though and if this is half as successful then I am sure we shall be seeing an annual Star Wars film each Christmas for the next few years.

• Like 2

I love the small glimpse snippet of vader breathing right in the last second of the trailer, it's almost imperceptible but it's there and the dark troopers look awesome. Sure movie overload but as one who grew up with this I can never get enough and it's an interesting perspective, just yet another piece in tying the whole Star Wars universe together.

I love the small glimpse snippet of vader breathing right in the last second of the trailer, it's almost imperceptible but it's there and the dark troopers look awesome. Sure movie overload but as one who grew up with this I can never get enough and it's an interesting perspective, just yet another piece in tying the whole Star Wars universe together.

I'd still love a separate VADER film set between episodes III & IV

That's good news and it really and should make sense to most that Vader is brutal.

Look at Episode IV, first glimpse of Vader and everyone s**ts yet you wonder why as they never really showed his true potenatial in those movies. I remember playing some games such as Force Unleashed etc which gave a fan more of an insight into the brutality of Darth Vader and ever since then, I had always wished for this to be shown in a movie. Vader deserves that IMO as he is THE most iconic villain of all time.

If the news posted is true, this will be sensational.

• Like 2

Well after reading these stories i'm all in and like Mika, I would love to see more Empire perspective or even a full Vader film.

• 1 month later...

Rogue One Images Confirm New Ships, New Characters And A Major Cameo

s6qu1wkoj1tgdifpde7f.jpg

Early versions of images from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story: The Official Visual Story Guide have revealed a ton of information that we have been dying to know.

The German website Jedi-Bibliotek has some not-final pages from a new tie-in book called Rogue One: A Star Wars Story: The Official Visual Story Guide, which reveal new ships, new characters, give us names for characters we have met before — and might confirm the presence of a major Star Wars figure.

ogd5ose8fjrrueftcgb1.png

First off, we have two new ships to drool over. The Rebels continue to plunder the alphabet with the U-Wing, while the Empire adds the TIE Striker.

umgp0euuiejt3xvgtuy5.jpg

jv4jcjotfvj9csy88mok.jpg

More importantly, we have names and descriptions for our team of Rebels. We knew Felicity Jones was Jyn Erso already, and we suspected that the droid spotted in the trailer was Alan Tudyk’s CGI character. But now we know for certain that it is, and it’s name is K-250, an Imperial model enforcer droid that somehow ends up on the Rebel’s side. Here’s the rest of the Rebel crew, via Jedi News:

• Diego Luna is Captain Cassian Andor, a Rebel Alliance Officer.
  • Jiang Wen is Baze, a “freelance assassin”.
  • Riz Ahmed is Bodhi, another rebel soldier.
  • Donnie Yen is Chirrut, a “spiritual warrior”.
  • Pao and Bistan, two “fierce warrior” alien characters, both with no actor names attached.

xlehqllp8lztsdhhxusu.jpg

On the Imperial side, Ben Mendelssohn’s character has been named as Director Krennic. Krennic is an Imperial “military director” clearly tasked with standing between the Rebels and the “secret” Death Star. The page also identifies the black Stormtroopers as Death Troopers:

hkx0ehc16vyjpnwbev9n.jpg

We’re still missing Mads Mikkelsen’s character name — probably “Something Erso”, given that he’s supposed to be Jyn’s father — and Forest Whitaker. Some of this text isn’t finalised yet, so the generic descriptions could be placeholders for something new. But the big reveal is Darth Vader appearing, seeming to confirm the rumours that he’s in Rogue One:

f6ttsgcsb8t2xwxr72pa.jpg

And what a looming presence he is.

@MIKA27 Great follow up! Love those pics. The trailer for this looks promising and seeing Vader will be a welcome plus.

I've been hoping for Vader to be more prominent and thus far the information shared points to him being in this a fair bit.

As always, welcome mate :)

• 1 month later...

I think his film is shaping up to be pretty decent. I hope Vader is a prominent character in the film as I don't think we saw enough of him in the original trilogy!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, David88 said:

I think his film is shaping up to be pretty decent. I hope Vader is a prominent character in the film as I don't think we saw enough of him in the original trilogy!

I seriously think Vader WILL be prominent in this if they have listened to the fans. Saying this, even the director is a HUGE fan of Star Wars so if thats anything to go by, I am positive he's got Vader covered. I can't wait.

• 4 weeks later...

Darth Vader Returns in the New Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer

Remember that last Star Wars film? All the joy of BB-8 and seeing the old gang again? Well this is NOT that. Take a look at what's going to be a far more gritty installment to the universe, where a certain Darth Vader looms at large.

I'm going to be pissed if they just have Vader at the end like Luke in the last Star Wars movie. Looks really good and action packed though. 

5 hours ago, Fosgate said:

I'm going to be pissed if they just have Vader at the end like Luke in the last Star Wars movie. Looks really good and action packed though. 

I have a massive feeling that Vader will play a major part in this and I also wouldn't discount seeing Palpatine considering both are in episode IV

• 2 months later...