Melia Cohiba Havana - No Smoking ...

I think realistically this is a sign of how Cuba will be. The resorts outside of Havana have been slowing increasing their no smoking areas. Now more and more hotels are starting to do the same thing in Havana. For long term tourism they are falling into line with other tourist areas.

Popped in and out of the Melia Cohiba several times during my recent trip as was staying close by in a Casa. Seemed like a generic place to me. Didn't check out if anyone was smoking at the lobby bar but seemed it would be a nice spot for a cigar.

Popped in and out of the Melia Cohiba several times during my recent trip as was staying close by in a Casa. Seemed like a generic place to me. Didn't check out if anyone was smoking at the lobby bar but seemed it would be a nice spot for a cigar.

The lobby bar used to be a nice spot for a cigar while connecting to the internet ...

Used to be - it's history now. Smoking only at the LCDH and the Relicario bar both in 1-st floor.

Melia calls it ... PURE air. Others will follow soon, just wait.

Had some US tourists next to us at the Nacional bar ask why smoking was allowed inside.

The waiter just shrugged and pointed to the ashtrays - the more tourists to Havana the more complaints the more places that will stop it.

Happened at Prado 115 paladar las year as well - 2 days I could smoke, the next visit they gave me an ashtray but told me not to smoke ... they had a group of tourists ...

***Well that's a fine how do you do... pod.gif

OK so it sucks for the regular Cuba visitor who loves a smoke anywhere, and it kind of links in with the smoking regulations thread, but why should Cuba be any different from the rest of the 'civilised' world? And should workers in hotels, bars, restaurants, etc in Cuba have different rights in regards to their working environment?

Feels a bit like someone's point in another thread about the embargo, about Cuba being some people's playground where they go to be the rich tourist.

I'm guessing in the long run Cuba will have more smoking friendly places than America or the UK, hell it would be awesome if they managed to be the first to truly differentiate between cigarette and cigar smoking!