Anyone see this Partagas Band?

Chefalan86

I bought these smokes while on a trip to Cuba. I have the box at work and will post box code in a couple days. Just burned one while walking my dog... Strong as hell. Spicy. Going to nap the rest of the sticks for a minute. When I was finishing the nub I read the band and, I don't know, suspect? Deliciously fooled if so. 65cd89fdf453efbe42579af8a4f4759b.jpg

Can't wait for all my 24:24 deliveries to come.

Happy newbie. Long time stogie lover.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I agree! "Americans" WTF? hahaha It is embossed but I completely agree. I knew that buying from a non reputable source in Havana was probably going to yield FAKES. I don't care though... Just wanted to see if someone heard of this band existing. I was 100% willing to support the Cuban people on the streets while visiting this time. I figured like this... If it smokes good, I'm good and someone made a few bucks. I will most definitely continue my purchases through the CZAR... I really like the program and Diana Rocks!

Thanks for responding.

• Like 1

Looks like this counterfeit manufacturer is designing his own special "Regional" selection offer! nyah.gif

• Like 4

Some guy, some street (calle), Havana... I am trying to post a pic. I don't know how to slap a pic here from my computers library.

I knew that there was a huge chance It wasn't a true Partagas, however, my thoughts were that it was Cuban tobacco, rolled by a Cuban, sold by a citizen. I have no intention to pass them on but merely to enjoy with the memory of my street ventures (providing they don't taste like swag garbage).

If I would've paid attention to the "Americans" I think I would've bought 2 boxes.

All is well and good.... My purchases continue from here on out with Rob and any other great source that I would be happy to receive a PM about.

Thanks for rolling with this "AMERICANS" special addition.

• Like 1

That certainly is a strange one! Perhaps someone is pre-empting the removal of the trade embargo and wants to have the first American RE ready to go from day one

• Like 2

strange to find a fake in Cuba with any band other than the real one, surely it's easy to get the bands there.

You should keep it, there cannot be many of them............

would like to see the box, does it say "Americans " too?

• Like 1

strange to find a fake in Cuba with any band other than the real one, surely it's easy to get the bands there.

You should keep it, there cannot be many of them............

would like to see the box, does it say "Americans " too?

No, it doesn't. When I go to work on Wednesday I will send a pic of the box.

As I said, I didn't really care if my purchase from this guy was fake or authentic... I had the frame of mind to put some CUC in an individual's fight for survival rather than GOV ran shop. Next trip, all bets are off though.

Happy smoking peeps!

• Like 3

@Chefalan86 Did you say you had a full box? Please post pics! Underside especially.

I will when I get to work on Wednesday. I took them out of the box and put them in a smaller humidor. Will follow up on Wednesday.

• Like 1

I'd say it's a Pre-embargo band on a new, unknown cigar.

This link has a few examples including the "Americans" one. (towards the bottom right corner)

There's one that says Czars too. Wonder if Rob has any of those laying around ;)

• Like 2

Wow! That's classic shead.gif

ENE 2016 - factory code guys? Maduro No. 1? Missing the second band....doesn't look dark enough and the vitola seems off.

All in all I have to think completely legit! jester.gif

I love it! Fun times running around in the streets of Havana! Smoking quality new "Americans" stix! Had a blast. Thought it would be fun to post these.

Oh, and they actually burn really nice.

It was a pleasure to put some cash in a local's pocket. I get my good sticks right from the Czar.

• 1 month later...

Had to think twice about it but this is the first time I have ever seen a 4 digit date as part of the factory code.  Clearly fake but if they smoke well and didn't cost much...enjoy them for what they are.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2016 at 9:48 AM, bundwallah said:

I'd say it's a Pre-embargo band on a new, unknown cigar.

This link has a few examples including the "Americans" one. (towards the bottom right corner)

There's even an FOH version, "Czars". :lol:

Don't be surprised if you find some dried out old McDonald's french fries, or a Tiparillo wrapper or two in there when you dissect one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

They're just trying to keep it straight: fakies for the americanos and regular production for everybody else!

Remember the mantra: Very few Americans have actuall smoked a real Cuban, and if they did, they found the quality just wasn't as good as the Hondurans and Nicaraguans they're used to.

• Like 1