Japanese Whisky help

LeafLover

Hello gents. Been trying to find some ***** Whisky from the Barrel. I live in Southern California, in a suburb 50 miles east of Los Angeles. Anybody know what establishments carry it and any other Japanese whisky offerings? Or, any online outfits that won't charge shipping that equates to its price. I've been going to BevMo and Total Wine but they are all tapped out.

Thanks in advance for any info.

***** Whisky from the Barrel is one of my favourite 'go-to' scotch whiskies, and it is a forum favourite. Although it is a blended whisky, at 51.4% alcohol volume, it stands out.

The issue with sourcing it in the U.S. is its 500ml volume. Bottles need to be 750ml under US law, if I'm not mistaken. In Australia, we can get the 500 ml standard ***** from the Barrel imported with no problem, the only issue is the worldwide shortage on Japanese whisky at the moment, it's hard to find in stores.

I have asked the same question and got a similar answer. And, my friends leaving the country for business that could pick some up keep forgetting on their way back. What I have found is that some stores in Vancouver Canada carry it and you can order it from Master of Malt, but that comes with a hefty shipping price

The funny thing is that I cannot find anything to confirm or refute the 500ml bottle thing either. I find it weird because you can get 50ml bottles, 375ml bottles, 750ml bottles and 1L bottles. Why wouldn't they allow 1/2 litter? However, a quick search of liquor stores near me did not have any. Weird.

Your best bet is to find someone to pick it up for you in a duty-free. I have never, ever, seen it for sale in a US store.

Your best bet is to find someone to pick it up for you in a duty-free. I have never, ever, seen it for sale in a US store.

My son will be going on a cruise to Ireland and Scotland with my parents next month. I'll ask him to take a look on the ship. It's a long shot.

Had Hibiki Japanese Harmony the other day. Loved it. You should give that a try.

I enjoyed the Harmony but to my palate it doesn't come close to the Hibiki 12 year. I don't stock the Harmony. But the 12 year is htf now. I sourced 10 bottles last November and bought 7. At 100 a pop, was an expensive Christmas present for myself.

The funny thing is that I cannot find anything to confirm or refute the 500ml bottle thing either. I find it weird because you can get 50ml bottles, 375ml bottles, 750ml bottles and 1L bottles. Why wouldn't they allow 1/2 litter? However, a quick search of liquor stores near me did not have any. Weird.

The 500ml bottle thing is true, it's why mortlach is sold in 750ml bottles in USA and not 500 like rest of world