How do your store your Tubos?

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello all,

I recently picked up a box of Bolivar Tubos #3 from a 24:24 sale. Actually, if memory serves, I think this was the first cuban I ever smoked at the age of 17. Anyway, these will be the first box of Tubos in my humidor, and I came across this comment at www.cubancigarwebsite.com

Habanos recommends removing them from their tubes if storing in a humidor although MRN advocates leaving cigars in their tubes for improved (but slower) aging.

Until I read this, I hadn't even thought about whether I would remove the cigars from their tubes or not. I think I would prefer them out of the tubes, simply because it's easier to pluck one fro the humidor and smoke it. Besides, I will obviously have to take each cigar out when they arrive, to see what I've got!

So, the question is, do you guys store your cigars out of their tubes, or do you leave them in?

Oh, and who wants to buy 25 empty cigar tubes? :):)

*I take the screw cap off while leaving them inside the tubes. Anybody got any opinions on whether this is good practice, doesn't make a difference or what? I value you guys' opinions! yes.gif

Tubos are not airtight.... so everythings alright. I leave them "As Is"ok.gif

I check tubos for mold them store them the way I got them.

I don't order tubos. The few I have I loosen the cap and leave em so they'll acclimate to my storage rh faster. My stash ain't big enough to experiment with aging with tight caps or whatever so the tube is really just about having protection when rolling out. Easy to twist the cap tight and drop in a bag.

Oh, except Boli RC. Every once in a while I grab a fiver as a special treat; I love the round shape of a Boli RC from a tubo. I'm not a fan of box pressed, and I am a fan of Boli RC, but I am also cheap, so Boli RC Tubos are one of those little luxuries to me.

• Like 1

*I take the screw cap off while leaving them inside the tubes. Anybody got any opinions on whether this is good practice, doesn't make a difference or what? I value you guys' opinions! :yes:

I don't buy many Tubos, but about 3 years ago, I picked up about 5 each Punch PC's, H. Upmann PC's, and Bolivar #1's. In tubo. I stored them in the tube, with the cap removed, no problems for ~2.5 years, they all smoked fine.

• Like 1

Mine are in tubes cap on but I do check them . I got a 5er of some davidoff special Nicaraguas I think they were and these ones have 2 equal length tubes as opposed to caps. Anyway these had a length /strip of 4cm or so cut out down the sides which can be lined up , so u can see/touch the internal cedar lining has anyone seen this? I'd guess it's to let them breath maybe ?? Or is it a sales technique ?? Just a guess , no idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk